DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 8, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #12,361 of 22,021
Apr 8, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #12,362 of 22,021
I will assume that I can choose the currency? :D
Good one...damn, didn’t think about that ! But, let’s be specific, United States Dollars only :wink:.

Just kidding, anyways, I suspect you may find faulty amp4 for sell for cheap, or even put a wanted ad for it. It is just a simple fix. I am afraid when failure happened, iBasso would scoop them back up :wink:. IBasso is just that good of a company, customer satisfaction is Top Tier

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #12,363 of 22,021
Good one...damn, didn’t think about that ! But, let’s be specific, United States Dollars only :wink:.

Just kidding, anyways, I suspect you may find faulty amp4 for sell for cheap, or even put a wanted ad for it. It is just a simple fix. I am afraid when failure happened, iBasso would scoop them back up :wink:. IBasso is just that good of a company, customer satisfaction is Top Tier

Yes iBasso is always awesome, I recently sent back my old dx90 for repair and Paul graciously told me that repairs will be possible.

I Guess I shall just wait to see how’s the amp4s before deciding though. Anyways just asking isit normal that 2.5mm balance to 3.5mm adaptor will have intermittent issues easily? Or this exist mainly for right angled plugs?

Apr 8, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #12,364 of 22,021
Physics on Earth is the same for everyone and everything. Agree)))?
Buy a copper pot and put your DX200 in it. Sound becomes different?
That's it.
Differences can only be in Ohm's law. More specifically in the subj = only capacitors and op amps.

Trolls of icefalkon, alphanumerix1 and fuhransahis - greetings from foxtroll! )))

You know what troll? You guessed. Guessed right, but not about the sound. Why? Because you're full of schiit. You don't have any inside information, you don't work for iBasso (confirmed), you aren't a mole (confirmed), and you don't know Paul (confirmed).

You guessed right about another version coming out, but you have zero ability to know what it's going to sound like, what components are inside, or anything else about it.

You are now, as you have been...a troll. You didn't win anything here...not the least of which is respect.

BTW, Paul told me that the AMP4 was a limited run of 250 units...as will be the AMP4s.

There will be no more production of AMP4. Those of us who have them...have them. That's it.

BTW: before anyone else once again asks WHY it's 4s....the 4 stands for the 4.4mm plug.

Apr 8, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #12,365 of 22,021
Yes iBasso is always awesome, I recently sent back my old dx90 for repair and Paul graciously told me that repairs will be possible.

I Guess I shall just wait to see how’s the amp4s before deciding though. Anyways just asking isit normal that 2.5mm balance to 3.5mm adaptor will have intermittent issues easily? Or this exist mainly for right angled plugs?

Nope, nothing when correctly engineered or implanted should have intermittent issue. It is the matter of the products and it in plantations that causes it.

The limitation is that 2.5mm has less surface and is limited at certain wire sizes. 3.5mm allows larger sizes, and 4.4mm allow the largest possible that is also giving overhead room for large sizes to the most demanding headphones or amplifier.

Beside that, the larger build from 3.5 or even 4.4 is much more solid and rugged than 2.5mm. Therefore reliability is top notch for portability. People generally dislike 2.5mm for that

Ofcourse in commercial and heavy duty, only XLR and other connectivity with locking mechanism are preferred, but we are talking about portability :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #12,366 of 22,021
You know what troll? You guessed. Guessed right, but not about the sound. Why? Because you're full of schiit. You don't have any inside information, you don't work for iBasso (confirmed), you aren't a mole (confirmed), and you don't know Paul (confirmed).

You guessed right about another version coming out, but you have zero ability to know what it's going to sound like, what components are inside, or anything else about it.

You are now, as you have been...a troll. You didn't win anything here...not the least of which is respect.

BTW, Paul told me that the AMP4 was a limited run of 250 units...as will be the AMP4s.

There will be no more production of AMP4. Those of us who have them...have them. That's it.

BTW: before anyone else once again asks WHY it's 4s....the 4 stands for the 4.4mm plug.

O darkness!

I'm destroyed !!!

Are you satisfied? )))))))))))))

Apr 8, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #12,367 of 22,021
Nope, nothing when correctly engineered or implanted should have intermittent issue. It is the matter of the products and it in plantations that causes it.

The limitation is that 2.5mm has less surface and is limited at certain wire sizes. 3.5mm allows larger sizes, and 4.4mm allow the largest possible that is also giving overhead room for large sizes to the most demanding headphones or amplifier.

Beside that, the larger build from 3.5 or even 4.4 is much more solid and rugged than 2.5mm. Therefore reliability is top notch for portability. People generally dislike 2.5mm for that

Ofcourse in commercial and heavy duty, only XLR and other connectivity with locking mechanism are preferred, but we are talking about portability :wink:

Gotcha! I have always been using 3.5mm jacks and found no reason to upgrade to balanced till amp4’s arrival. So I’m still alittle wet behind the ears in regards to balance cables.

Your information is proving to be very informative to me!

Apr 8, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #12,368 of 22,021
Gotcha! I have always been using 3.5mm jacks and found no reason to upgrade to balanced till amp4’s arrival. So I’m still alittle wet behind the ears in regards to balance cables.

Your information is proving to be very informative to me!

You are very welcome. I am just simply an enthusiast with a little extreme into audio quality, connectors, cables...and so on :wink:

Apr 8, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #12,369 of 22,021
Also 250 units. And HK gets 20 units.

The google translate specification is..

The only thing i notice is that they have a CB14 and a HKD200 (maybe CA02?) worth gift for those who preordered the AMP4s, I really hope the same applies to us preordering from advancedmp3players.

Also, it takes another two weeks for the new module to arrive in HK, guess it will be longer for UK.

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #12,371 of 22,021
I need to clarify my use of words on the AMP4s. The tuning or sound of the AMP4s is a little different compared to AMP4. Also power consumption is exactly the same with the AMP4 and AMP4s. The use of our amplifier sections gives you a choice on sound differences and that is what AMP4s is about. It is another choice for you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 8, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #12,372 of 22,021
I need to clarify my use of words on the AMP4s. The tuning or sound of the AMP4s is a little different compared to AMP4. Also power consumption is exactly the same with the AMP4 and AMP4s. The use of our amplifier sections gives you a choice on sound differences and that is what AMP4s is about. It is another choice for you.
When is it out :wink:

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #12,375 of 22,021
Personally, I'm dying to try the AMP4(s), but there is a very exciting (for me!) piece of news here which only one other person - @CracKinGDucK - has mentioned; the new CB14 cable.
@Paul - iBasso wondering if you can say any more about this?
I've been dying to try a silver cable recently, a good quality model at a reasonable price, and this one sounds really perfect!
Will it be coming out at the same time as the AMP4s? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back