DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 23, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #11,987 of 22,021
Ok, after some troubleshooting I managed to get it working but only once and only when in Mango mode (as opposed to Android).

I got it working by disabling antivirus and installing it via an admin command prompt.

However, once Windows is rebooted, it fails to be detected again.

I see the following error in the Device Manager, iBasso DX200 driver properties:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

I am running Windows 10 Pro Build 17127.rs4_release.180318-0047 (Windows Insider Build).

Happy to take this to PM or support if that is appropriate?

We have this driver on all our computers and most run Windows 10. I installed it on another one and it is working. I am not sure why it will not install for you.

Mar 23, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #11,989 of 22,021
If I were iBasso I wouldn't waste time on supporting preview versions of Windows 10 which are expected to contain more bugs than the official ones.

That's a fair point and I'm sure is shared by many.

However another way of looking at it is that it would be better to proactively investigate in case there may be a potention issue with a future release patch of Windows.

The issue may be iBasso's, Microsoft's or 'user error'. Either way, it should be investigated, reported and resolved.

Mar 23, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #11,990 of 22,021
That's a fair point and I'm sure is shared by many.

However another way of looking at it is that it would be better to proactively investigate in case there may be a potention issue with a future release patch of Windows.

The issue may be iBasso's, Microsoft's or 'user error'. Either way, it should be investigated, reported and resolved.
This error of the driver is approx. from the launch of dx200, it seems to me that they are not many with the problem. I could never do work the option of usb dac in Windows 10 with ibasso driver. It works only with the web asio driver
Cheers

Mar 24, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #11,991 of 22,021
Slight lateral upgrade, for example;
Sound-definite midrange to upper improvement. Bottom octaves are snappier/quicker on the DX200, I think the X7II digs a bit deeper though. With the amp3/amp5 the gap widens in favor of the DX200. The stock DX200 amp1 is just "OK", imo. The cost of the unit, plus a second amp, certainly makes one have to think. The dual pro dacs do make a noticeable Sonic difference though. You pay for it in battery life.

UI-stock, it's a toss up, to preference. Both are VERY slow in comparison to the Hiby R6, but usable. The lurker firmware is a must, imo. Enabline USB outout, root access, play store, and cleans up the audio bit to my ears. Fluidity is much improved. Mango does take getting use to, with the "swipe" navigation system, that sorta feels backwards to me. Just different, not bad

Hardware- Fiio is easier in the hand due to ergonomics and weight. BIG plus to the Fiio for dual slots,even though the second slot sleeps irregularly. DX200 has more onboard storage Bluetooth/wifi are about the same (ie average). Tidal is a tad smoother, streaming and offline on the DX200.

Thanks again for the detailed answer. I can swap from the X7ii to the DX200 without much outlay. The only out of pocket expense would be the addition of the AMP5 module, but that could be offset by selling one of the 400gb SD cards that I won't need.

So, apart from some hassle, it's not going to cost much. George Dobrescu on his site says there isn't that much difference between the DX200/AMP5 and the X7ii/AM5, so getting an AM5 amp module for the X7ii would be simpler. Decisions, decisions!

Any further advice/opinions to help my decision would be welcome.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #11,993 of 22,021
Thanks again for the detailed answer. I can swap from the X7ii to the DX200 without much outlay. The only out of pocket expense would be the addition of the AMP5 module, but that could be offset by selling one of the 400gb SD cards that I won't need.

So, apart from some hassle, it's not going to cost much. George Dobrescu on his site says there isn't that much difference between the DX200/AMP5 and the X7ii/AM5, so getting an AM5 amp module for the X7ii would be simpler. Decisions, decisions!

Stick with the player you have. Never heard the Fiio, but sure it must be good
Spend your money on the music!

Mar 24, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #11,995 of 22,021

I just upgrade from Onkyo DP-X1, Fiio X5III, Hidizs AP200 or even Mojo+AK100 ii to DX200 with amp3 and amp5 (amp4 soon). It is an awesome DAP especially with amp3 or amp5 or amp5. It is worth the money!

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #11,996 of 22,021

I personally hear a difference, as the DX200 is brighter. Some prefer that, maybe some don't. Dobrescu has a ton of equipment history, so you may want to factor his opinion, maybe more so that mine lol.

The higher up the chain, I think the difference become more miniscule, as personal taste (and iem match) come into play.

The X7II is a big jump over the X5III, but I've read that some don't even hear that difference, so who knows lol. my point is, when dealing with music and art, it's subjective I guess.

What is your focus; treble, mid-range, user interface, tidal, dsd, USB out , etc...?

Have you considered the Hiby R6? I found the R6 and the X7MKII the better "sound" comparison. Am5 (X7II) has more power, but articulate detail was more pronounced across the board on the R6, imo. The speed is world's improved too.

Mar 25, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #11,997 of 22,021
Here's a message from a new DX200 owner. My DX200 with the AMP3 is a great match with my Audeze LCD-X. Now I am testing different balanced cables, from Forza and from Lavricables (silver). I didn't like the brown iBasso case so I ordered a custom made case from Easecase (pictures attached).

Does someone have experience with the Fidelizer ROM's for iBasso DX200?

IMG_3446.jpg IMG_3447.jpg IMG_3448.jpg IMG_3449.jpg IMG_3450.jpg

Mar 25, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #11,998 of 22,021
Here's a message from a new DX200 owner. My DX200 with the AMP3 is a great match with my Audeze LCD-X. Now I am testing different balanced cables, from Forza and from Lavricables (silver). I didn't like the brown iBasso case so I ordered a custom made case from Easecase (pictures attached).

Does someone have experience with the Fidelizer ROM's for iBasso DX200?

What case is this? And did they realize it might not work with all the amp modules?

Mar 25, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #11,999 of 22,021
Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #12,000 of 22,021
I personally hear a difference, as the DX200 is brighter. Some prefer that, maybe some don't. Dobrescu has a ton of equipment history, so you may want to factor his opinion, maybe more so that mine lol.

The higher up the chain, I think the difference become more miniscule, as personal taste (and iem match) come into play.

The X7II is a big jump over the X5III, but I've read that some don't even hear that difference, so who knows lol. my point is, when dealing with music and art, it's subjective I guess.

What is your focus; treble, mid-range, user interface, tidal, dsd, USB out , etc...?

Have you considered the Hiby R6? I found the R6 and the X7MKII the better "sound" comparison. Am5 (X7II) has more power, but articulate detail was more pronounced across the board on the R6, imo. The speed is world's improved too.

Thanks for the reply. I like a warmer sound rather than an analytical one, but I do like detail. I've had a DX200 with both the AMP1 and AMP2, together with the IT03 in the past. I found the AMP2 and IT03 sound to my liking, but a bit more warmth wouldn't have hurt. Maybe this time an AMP3 or AMP5?

Trouble was the DX200 developed a screen fault, whereby it would boot up with a blank screen and you would have to press the power button to get it out of standby. Also, the IT03 were very hard to get a good fit and I was constantly adjusting them. When seated correctly though, they were great.

So I'm hoping the combination of the DX200, with the AMP3 or AMP5 would give me a more detailed sound than the X7ii, with no loss of warmth. I would be using Meze 99 Classic headphones and FiiO F9 Pro IEM's to start with. If I do end up swapping over, the upcoming IT04 will be on my radar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back