DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 14, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #11,868 of 22,021
Can someone from iBasso PLEASE give a status update and accurate info regarding AMP4.

It is currently on iBasso.com as DISCONTINUED.

http://www.ibasso.com/product.php

Is it going to be produced again, updated, or replaced with something better? Or is it actually discontinued?
Yes the AMP4 is being produced. It will be available soon.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 14, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #11,870 of 22,021
Can someone from iBasso PLEASE give a status update and accurate info regarding AMP4.

It is currently on iBasso.com as DISCONTINUED.

http://www.ibasso.com/product.php

Is it going to be produced again, updated, or replaced with something better? Or is it actually discontinued?

@Paul - iBasso has said that the AMP4 module will be available a few times in this thread.

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #11,871 of 22,021

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-14_12-37-35.png
    upload_2018-3-14_12-37-35.png
    707.1 KB · Views: 0
Mar 14, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #11,873 of 22,021
^
That's the true audiophile version :wink:

Mar 14, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #11,874 of 22,021
I completely agree Kev, it's like different flavors of ice cream!

That is by design.
Yep, ice cream parlour, candy store, willy wonkas chocolate factory, all these delicious flavours :smile_phones: this player just keeps getting better. Listening to it right now- Matt Andersen+DX200+Amp 3+CB13+Vega=:ksc75smile:
This combo with Matt Andersen is like listening to him live, I know, I’ve seen him three times. He has one of the most powerful voices I’ve ever heard and he plays guitar like nobody else I’ve seen.
As for the 200 shutting down, I usually turn if off if I’m not going to use it for a while and try to prolong the life of the battery. Not sure if it actually does, but that’s just me:L3000:

Mar 15, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #11,875 of 22,021
I'm looking to connect an external portable HDD via OTG and have installed Lurker's latest firmware. However, neither my WD My Passport Ultra 2 Tb or Seagate 4 Tb drives (which I believe are NTFS-formatted) show up when connected via a USB-C OTG cable or hub with additional power. A 32 Gb Lexar thumb drive (formatted as FAT) does show up correctly when connected via OTG.
I just tried several WD My Passport Ultra that I have. My DX200 has no problems seeing them even without a powered hub: just USB-C OTG + original WD cable. It detected old 2TB and 3TB models with MBR partitioning, and it also detected a new yellow My Passport 4TB GPT-partitioned drive.

It showed a problem with relatively new 3TB drive, GPT, but factory formatted, with 4KB clusters. That 4TB drive was formatted with 64KB clusters. All my currently in use WD HDDs are formatted with 64KB (NTFS) or 128KB (exFAT) clusters, for faster access. Also, it means, they have less than 2^32 clusters in total, which can be a limit for Android. I'll try to re-format that 3TB drive later to see.

Please note: I use WD My Passport Ultra drives for many years, with DX90, DX80, and now with DX200. But I never heard success stories with Seagate, or any other models. The problems somehow were related to drive's power management, but I don't really care because all my 9 WDs, from three different generations, work flawlessly :)

In brief: DX200 supports both MBR and GPT-formatted HDDs, vFAT/exFAT/NTFS, 2-3-4TB are confirmed. 64KB cluster size is recommended.

Mar 15, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #11,876 of 22,021
Thanks for checking Lurker...keep me posted on what you find.

Is there a USB-C OTG cable you use/recommend?

I just tried several WD My Passport Ultra that I have. My DX200 has no problems seeing them even without a powered hub: just USB-C OTG + original WD cable. It detected old 2TB and 3TB models with MBR partitioning, and it also detected a new yellow My Passport 4TB GPT-partitioned drive.

It showed a problem with relatively new 3TB drive, GPT, but factory formatted, with 4KB clusters. That 4TB drive was formatted with 64KB clusters. All my currently in use WD HDDs are formatted with 64KB (NTFS) or 128KB (exFAT) clusters, for faster access. Also, it means, they have less than 2^32 clusters in total, which can be a limit for Android. I'll try to re-format that 3TB drive later to see.

Please note: I use WD My Passport Ultra drives for many years, with DX90, DX80, and now with DX200. But I never heard success stories with Seagate, or any other models. The problems somehow were related to drive's power management, but I don't really care because all my 9 WDs, from three different generations, work flawlessly :)

In brief: DX200 supports both MBR and GPT-formatted HDDs, vFAT/exFAT/NTFS, 2-3-4TB are confirmed. 64KB cluster size is recommended.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #11,878 of 22,021
Is there a USB-C OTG cable you use/recommend?
I can't say I selected something special. I have one straight, one right angle, one Type-C-microUSB female adapter + microUSB OTG cable - everything works.

Mar 15, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #11,879 of 22,021
I can't say I selected something special. I have one straight, one right angle, one Type-C-microUSB female adapter + microUSB OTG cable - everything works.

Thanks again, Lurker.

Could you maybe share a screenshot of the DX200 mounted with an external HDD like WD 2TB? Want to make sure I know what to look for and that I didn’t miss anything!

Cheers!

Mar 16, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #11,880 of 22,021

Interesting... and my 512GB SDXC've got only 2GB left...
How many hours DX200 works if you use WD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back