DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 23, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #10,142 of 22,021
Interesting. So far I've had zero problems with shipping times via DHL. Their Customs brokerage fees are questionable but the delivery reliability has been top notch to western Canada. I would choose DHL over UPS and FedEx any time if given the opportunity and regular post isn't an option. I bet with the Black Friday sales and US Thanksgiving week the package deliveries are taking a bit of a hit.

It's the opposite here in the States. DHL is horrendous and UPS is right up there with them. FedEx is the best of the three...and I'm in NYC! You would think that the service in a city the size of NYC would be great...alas...no. LOL. Hell there's both a DHL and UPS major warehouse less than 10 minutes from my house and we can't get a delivery earlier than 4pm on any given day.

Nov 23, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #10,143 of 22,021
I am enjoying the Amp 5.
It has a very sweet sound

I am as well. AMP 5 sounds fantastic with my Angies and with my Senn 650's. However, it's not powerful enough to drive the LCD 2's, when using them I use an external amp.

Nov 23, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #10,144 of 22,021
I am as well. AMP 5 sounds fantastic with my Angies and with my Senn 650's. However, it's not powerful enough to drive the LCD 2's, when using them I use an external amp.

That's when you switch to AMP4 :wink:

Nov 23, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #10,146 of 22,021
I get the loud pops occasionally too, but I don’t have an issue with the sound quality

So tested the ibasso with Tidal and Spotify, I get random pops when changing tracks or skipping to other parts of a track. I then tested a playlist in Tidal offline, wifi off, no pops and everything fine. Tested both on 2.4 and 5ghz with stagediver 4. Tried Mango App in android, no pops so it must be a bug in the iBasso software rather then hardware issue. Any workarounds to avoid the pops and cracks when streaming (beside downloading the music and switching off the WIFI)? @Paul - iBasso

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #10,147 of 22,021
That's when you switch to AMP4 :wink:

LOL I wish I realized that earlier! I'll be posting my review of AMP 5 next week after the holiday. Thanks Twister!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Nov 23, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #10,148 of 22,021
So I've received COWON Plenue R today and it absolutely destroys DX200 in terms of UI speed. Extremely fast response on both hw buttons and touch screen.

Don't get me wrong, DX200 sounds fantastic but the UI and button response (both Mango and Android OS) is poor compared to COWON or AK players. iBasso should work on this hard as it has plenty of CPU power. Just my two cents...

Nov 23, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #10,149 of 22,021
I believe that's something they're continually working on. Other than the buttons, how does the Plenue compare to the DX200?

Nov 23, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #10,150 of 22,021
So I've received COWON Plenue R today and it absolutely destroys DX200 in terms of UI speed. Extremely fast response on both hw buttons and touch screen.

Don't get me wrong, DX200 sounds fantastic but the UI and button response (both Mango and Android OS) is poor compared to COWON or AK players. iBasso should work on this hard as it has plenty of CPU power. Just my two cents...
In Android full mode the DX200 is as fast as my iPhone or Samsung phone and is instant so I don't see how it could be any faster. In Mango mode, slower but then I concentrate on the music and the speed though it takes a fraction of a second, for me, really isn't an issue.

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #10,152 of 22,021
In Android full mode the DX200 is as fast as my iPhone or Samsung phone and is instant so I don't see how it could be any faster. In Mango mode, slower but then I concentrate on the music and the speed though it takes a fraction of a second, for me, really isn't an issue.
I use pretty much Android OS only and it's definitely not as fast as iPhone. Skipping through tracks takes some time and especially rewinding is far from being instant.

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #10,154 of 22,021
I use pretty much Android OS only and it's definitely not as fast as iPhone. Skipping through tracks takes some time and especially rewinding is far from being instant.
Depends upon the track. Once an album is entered I find it very fast. Maybe it is your card.

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #10,155 of 22,021
I believe that's something they're continually working on. Other than the buttons, how does the Plenue compare to the DX200?
It's too early to make any sound statements as I've listened to R only for about an hour but price/performance ratio of R is fantastic for sure. As I said DX sounds fantastic but R's FW and UI is super superior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back