DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 18, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #10,026 of 22,021
The DX200 with amp4 is great. I have about 30+ hours on the amp now. I am using the HD700 and the amp controls the headphones superbly. I am only on volume 70. The clarity, transparency, timber, and soundstage are all top class. Macy Gray sounds like she is performing just for me on the stripped album. Everything sounds so good with this amp. I am really happy with it. I need to switch back to the amp3 and see if the difference is as big as it seems. The amp is just effortless to me. From memory the DX200 is more clear than the P2. The P2 has great resolution but adds a touch of warmth. The soundstage seems a bit wider on the DX200, depth seems the same. It is just preference of what kind of sound you like. Both seem actuate to me, just different. What a great time to be into listening to music! I can’t wait to read @twister6 review of the amp 4.

Nov 18, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #10,027 of 22,021
Anyone knows where new FW 2.7.185 could be downloaded from?

Nov 18, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #10,030 of 22,021
Firmware DX200FW2.7.188OTA.zip available on ibasso Homepage.

Improvements with this firmware:
1. Minimized the system response time and optimized some audio playback parameters. (Android OS & Mango OS)
2. Rectified the bug that sometimes the DX200 would automatically pause during loop playback. (Android OS)
3. Improved playback from folder view, now select a song from a folder and all sub-folders under this folder will be played. (Android OS)
4. Rectified the bug that after the Mango player APP is killed, the music info is still showing on the notification bar. (Android OS)
5. Rectified the bug that sometimes when switching from the Mango player to a third party player APP, the DX200 would not output sound. (Android OS)
6. Rectified the bug that occasionally the physical pause button would not work properly. After pause is pressed, the song would pause for a few seconds, then resume playing automatically. (Android OS)
7. Rectified the bug that part of the song information disappeared from media library after reboot. (Android OS)
8. Rectified the bug that sometimes garbled code appeared on music info. (Android OS)
9. Rectified the bug that some music files would not be displayed under Artist view. (Android OS)
10. Rectified the bug that when switching a song on shuffle, the same song would be selected continuously. (Android OS)
11. Rectified the forward and rewind speed of Mango player APP. (Android OS)
12. Rectified the bug that occasionally would appear when adjusting volume on desktop or on third party APPs, system volume control bar would be overlapped by notification bar. (Android OS)
13. Rectified the bug that sometimes the media scan would stop around 60% and restart. Media scan speed has also been optimized. (Android OS)
14. Rectified the bug that when switching songs, there is another time shown before displaying 00:01. (Android OS)
15. Rectified the bug that occasionally the EQ setting would not be recorded and resumed after reboot.(Android OS)
16. Rectified the bug that with EQ enabled, when playing some music formats, the system would crash. (Android OS & Mango OS)
17. Rectified the bug that a DSD file can't be played when size is larger than 2GB. (Android OS & Mango OS)
18. Rectified the bug that when switching songs continouesly, the player would keep switching songs for more than the number pressed that could lead to a system crash. (Mango OS)
19. Rectified the bug that when playing ISO file and then checking music info, would lead to a system crash. (Mango OS)
20. Improved the speed of UI operation. (Mango OS)
21. System version number now is identical to Android's. (Mango OS)

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #10,031 of 22,021
Good to see these bugs being fixed, but that is a heck of a lot of "bad" bugs for V2.7 software. Poor developers? Poor design? No QA? Rushed to market? Must have been bug ridden with previous versions. No wonder so many people were complaining about the software in reviews on the net.

My experience with poor quality software such as this is that there might be some fundamental design flaw with spaghetti code. You fix one bug and create two. Hopefully this isn't the case, and the code has been refactored sufficiently well. This player is at the top of my list, so I hope this to be true.

The DX200 can play ISO files? That's good. I have about 100 ISO files and I'd rather not convert them all to .dff if I can avoid it.

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #10,032 of 22,021
Good to see these bugs being fixed, but that is a heck of a lot of "bad" bugs for V2.7 software. Poor developers? Poor design? No QA? Rushed to market? Must have been bug ridden with previous versions. No wonder so many people were complaining about the software in reviews on the net.

My experience with poor quality software such as this is that there might be some fundamental design flaw with spaghetti code. You fix one bug and create two. Hopefully this isn't the case, and the code has been refactored sufficiently well. This player is at the top of my list, so I hope this to be true.

The DX200 can play ISO files? That's good. I have about 100 ISO files and I'd rather not convert them all to .dff if I can avoid it.

I have not met any of those bugs actually, except for maybe the speed of the UI which could have been better. Everything else has been buttery smooth for me.

Good question about ISO files. Are we talking about ISOs with DSDs on them, or typical FLAC Redbook ISO ? I can test when I have time, but I don't have any DSD files currently.

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #10,033 of 22,021
ISO DSD. JRiver can play them on the desktop, but other software players I’ve used on my iPhone such as with HF Onkyo you need to extract the .dff files first.

I can upload an ISO file on to Dropbox for you to try if you want? Ripped from an SACD.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #10,034 of 22,021
6. Rectified the bug that occasionally the physical pause button would not work properly. After pause is pressed, the song would pause for a few seconds, then resume playing automatically. (Android OS)

Good to know. This was the most annoying one that happened all the time, especially when someone was trying to talk to me. I stopped using the button altogether...

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #10,035 of 22,021
The DX200 can play ISO files?
Mango Player plays SACD ISO, even DST-encoded, but gapless playback does not work with them, at least last time I've tried it.

HibyMusic and UAPP play SACD ISO much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back