DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 2, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #9,796 of 22,021
No can do. The customs are being crazy lately in my country, cracking down on everything coming into the country must have official import papers etc, if not they will charge insane amount of import duties based on whatever price they set for the items sent based on internet search. This include those under declaring item values. Many had been victim of this ie: charged usd170 from usd100 value invoiced item(total duties plus tax etc), even if those are not undervalued on the invoice. just because they can set whatever highest price they can find on ebay as base.

Better wait patiently until the distributor gets them. Am told they're out of stock for the dx200 as well and got shipment held by customs for quite a while now.

Sound similar to my country's

Nov 3, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #9,797 of 22,021
Ok, some more time on the AMP4. Very dynamic but a wonderful quality regarding and 3D sound and keeping sounding separate and layered. I would say the entire frequency range is well balanced and natural. The since of space/acoustics is an exceptional ability that moves right along with the pace of the music. Seems the dac implementation has even more to offer with the scaling of different amps that are in the offering.

Nov 3, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #9,798 of 22,021
Ok, some more time on the AMP4. Very dynamic but a wonderful quality regarding and 3D sound and keeping sounding separate and layered. I would say the entire frequency range is well balanced and natural. The since of space/acoustics is an exceptional ability that moves right along with the pace of the music. Seems the dac implementation has even more to offer with the scaling of different amps that are in the offering.

That description sounds similar to what i heard from my WM1A balanced which uses the same 4.4mm.

Maybe the 4.4mm does have some magic on its own.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #9,799 of 22,021
That description sounds similar to what i heard from my WM1A balanced which uses the same 4.4mm.

Maybe the 4.4mm does have some magic on its own.

From technical stand point, the 4.4mm is an awesome design. But in the case of Amp4 , more likely the components have changed some what in comparison to Amp3. What exactly ? No one know yet

Nov 3, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #9,802 of 22,021
488FC358-5E92-41E8-84CF-5EEE0E4F42C0.jpeg I will be very busy

Nov 3, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #9,804 of 22,021
Well 3 weeks in and I love the 200. Surprisingly I am using it more with my HEK phones and they sound great together. Will probably invest in a Balanced cable in the near future.

My only issue is the tracks stopping occasionally when using Tidal, but it seems to have stopped since I out up my message on here. Does this forum have strange powers :wink:

A few weeks ago someone guided me to get the Tidal apk file on to the 200. Can i do the same with like BBC I player app so i can listen to the radio.
Is there an app which has a wider choice of radio stations. I used to use vtuner website and found some great reggae stations on there.

Any guidance as usual apprecaited

Nov 3, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #9,805 of 22,021
Well I took the plunge and ordered the DX200 and the amp 3 today. My Plenue 2 has been with cowon for a month and a half, being repaired.
I have been listening to my P1 which I love but I have missed a balanced output. Decided to try something new. Can’t wait to get it and break it in and see how it compares to the P2 when I get it back. I love the P2 so the DX200 has some big shoes to fill.
Thanks to everyone who writes on here, you all helped me make my decision over the Sony nw-wm1a; still want to hear it though. Now with amp 4 outI need to get some new cables for my HD700’s and Vegas. Has anyone used a 2.5 mm balanced female to 4.4 male adapter? Wondering if I should just get that instead of new cables. Thanks and I will let you all know how I like the DX200 when I get it.

Nov 3, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #9,809 of 22,021
Nov 4, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #9,810 of 22,021
Well I took the plunge and ordered the DX200 and the amp 3 today. My Plenue 2 has been with cowon for a month and a half, being repaired.
I have been listening to my P1 which I love but I have missed a balanced output. Decided to try something new. Can’t wait to get it and break it in and see how it compares to the P2 when I get it back. I love the P2 so the DX200 has some big shoes to fill.
Thanks to everyone who writes on here, you all helped me make my decision over the Sony nw-wm1a; still want to hear it though. Now with amp 4 outI need to get some new cables for my HD700’s and Vegas. Has anyone used a 2.5 mm balanced female to 4.4 male adapter? Wondering if I should just get that instead of new cables. Thanks and I will let you all know how I like the DX200 when I get it.

Don't forget to post your impression, love to read it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back