DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 1, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #8,074 of 22,021
I get this as well on a new dx200 with the latest firmware already installed.
I am currently burning it in, so I leave it running until the battery runs out. I have to rescan the memory card each time as the tracks on it disappear from the database.

The song title is hard to see on the now playing screen if the album cover is light. It would be nice to have the semi transparent block behind the writing made more opaque.
It is best not to run the battery down each time. This should not cause the music to be lost. Please try a factory reset and then rescan your music.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 1, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #8,076 of 22,021
How low should I let the battery get?
Other posts (not on this thread) have recommended running batteries down to 'condition' the battery and enable it to achieve full capacity. Is this wrong?
You could do this a couple of times but many newer battery types do not need this type of conditioning.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 1, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #8,077 of 22,021
Other posts (not on this thread) have recommended running batteries down to 'condition' the battery and enable it to achieve full capacity. Is this wrong?
Yes, it's wrong. Older rechargeable batteries needed to be "exercised". New rechargeable lithium batteries do not need this. In fact, the less you let it run down, the better it is for the extending the life of the battery.

Sep 1, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #8,078 of 22,021
I usually go down to 20% then charge, if your not going to use it for any long periods, try and get it to about 50% for storage. I use lots of different lithium battery's in my tools and all The manufacturers say the same thing. Definitely not good to totally drain it

Sep 1, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #8,080 of 22,021
I received my amp3 module today, first impressions after 2 hours is greater clarity and dynamics than amp1 or amp2, as advertised more headroom. A tad better soundstage than amp1 balanced.
I'd still say amp2 is the most musical, darker and warmer than the other too but lots of micro dynamics and the best layering IMHO.

In terms of matching, amp3 is the best with Campfire Vega, those really benefit from power it opens up the Vegas nicely with better bass control.
It's also matching pretty well with the Elear, although not as big an improvement as the Vega and I am kind of surprised.

I have listened a lot to amp2 these past few weeks, I might need more listening time with amp3 to reset my ears :)

Sep 1, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #8,081 of 22,021
Sep 1, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #8,082 of 22,021
Sep 1, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #8,083 of 22,021
Yes, having neutron is perfectly nice. Having access to FTP music storage at home is promising.

Thanks for making neutron as a mutual partner. Will totally support you in the next next generation of android-based ibasso DAP.

Sep 1, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #8,084 of 22,021
Yes, having neutron is perfectly nice. Having access to FTP music storage at home is promising.

Thanks for making neutron as a mutual partner. Will totally support you in the next next generation of android-based ibasso DAP.

Support them now ! They are rapidly releasing Amp modules that are improved after each release, and even listen to customer feedbacks and solve up the matters in such short time. The earlier you support Ibasso, the more chance we will see better products in the future.

Interchangeable amp modules are nice! And ES9028Pro is totally more powerful than AKM AK4997 DAC at the moment :D. Yeah, may be different sound signatures, implementations ? Most of it is based on the amplification sections, hence we have Amp module.

I am not sure when we may see the next flagship....I don't even think ES9038Pro will be a thing. Hell, desktop DAC is struggling to get them built....and when will we see next successor of ES9028Pro ? Who knows..

I am just saying, support Ibasso now, so they can feel us, and give us some more love. Technology wise ? I am surprised and find it hard to believe that Ibasso cramped 2xES9028Pro inside DX200

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #8,085 of 22,021
Wat. I bought DX200 already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back