DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 1, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #8,087 of 22,021
lol. I sometimes wait for a reason such as smartphone where I need some feedbacks from normal users. But for DX200, I got chance to demo it so I know what I am buying and I know their potential from DX100.

Sep 1, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #8,088 of 22,021
Support them now ! They are rapidly releasing Amp modules that are improved after each release, and even listen to customer feedbacks and solve up the matters in such short time. The earlier you support Ibasso, the more chance we will see better products in the future.

Interchangeable amp modules are nice! And ES9028Pro is totally more powerful than AKM AK4997 DAC at the moment :D. Yeah, may be different sound signatures, implementations ? Most of it is based on the amplification sections, hence we have Amp module.

I am not sure when we may see the next flagship....I don't even think ES9038Pro will be a thing. Hell, desktop DAC is struggling to get them built....and when will we see next successor of ES9028Pro ? Who knows..

I am just saying, support Ibasso now, so they can feel us, and give us some more love. Technology wise ? I am surprised and find it hard to believe that Ibasso cramped 2xES9028Pro inside DX200

Per your comment about components inside the DAP, indeed, DX200 did a good job with a placement of the components on their printed wiring board (VERY clean layout!).

ibasso_dx200_display-09.jpg

Sep 1, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #8,091 of 22,021
I'm surprised as well. But I'm not only using Neutron: I'm developing a new firmware build with which Neutron is able to play PCM up to 32/384 and DSD via DoP (i.e. bit perfect). I do it for my own fun, as usual, but I wonder if anybody esle needs a no hassle 3rd party player on DX200 which fully utilizes its audio capabilities, and also has so many features...

That's right: with recent changes I've made in my test build, no additional efforts are required to play up to 32/384 and DSD in Neutron!

GREAT work, will this be installed in your latest firmware, or as a separate side load apk?

Sep 1, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #8,092 of 22,021
GREAT work, will this be installed in your latest firmware, or as a separate side load apk?
I think I wrote it: changes in the firmware, not in Neutron.

But I wonder if the recent twit means Neutron will have implemented full support by itself... That would be much better!

Sep 1, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #8,096 of 22,021
How does it play out with Dx200 and USB digital out, bit perfect and so on ?
Well, then you should ask if somebody used UAPP to output to an external DAC :wink: Well, it works great with my custom firmware and USB Audio app, which is almost the same, but I have no a separate USB DAC to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back