DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Aug 8, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #7,501 of 22,021
For those of you with a Apple MacBook Pro, I've finally figured out how to flash Lurker's software. It's a little cumbersome, and somewhat of a pain in the a$$, but it worked and I was able to flash it successfully. If interested I can put up my walkthrough. . . . ? Or is everyone just using PC for the flash?

Aug 8, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #7,502 of 22,021
For those of you with a Apple MacBook Pro, I've finally figured out how to flash Lurker's software. It's a little cumbersome, and somewhat of a pain in the a$$, but it worked and I was able to flash it successfully. If interested I can put up my walkthrough. . . . ? Or is everyone just using PC for the flash?
I use Windows 10 with Parallels on my MBP.

Aug 8, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #7,503 of 22,021
Same here.
Did you guys try reverting back to firmware 2.4.135?

That version is warmer and has more pronounced bass.
Although compared to 2.5.141 it sounds a bit muffled and slow(ish)
This also depends on the quality of the recording, of course.

Maybe Ibasso can fix this with the upcoming enhancements on the Mango OS?
Combine the freshness of 2.5 with the bass of 2.4
As I know It is never intended to tune the SQ with each FW update.

Aug 8, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #7,504 of 22,021
I think the same thing, I want the DX200 to have more bass impact, but I think iBasso wanted to give us a more "accurate" sound. I am probably a "bass-head", I will try in the next weeks to find a sound that has a good separation and good bass, using EQ and DF on AMP1 and AMP2.
Somehow agree with u, apart from acccurate, DX200 also have 3D imaging and depth, on top of well controlled and quality bass.

Aug 8, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #7,505 of 22,021
Amp 3 Ordered!!

Would be appreciated if you could, I use Boot Camp but that can be cumbersome at times as well, know I've seen a few other Mac owners wondering how to do it too.

Aug 9, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #7,508 of 22,021
Amp 3 Ordered!!

Would be appreciated if you could, I use Boot Camp but that can be cumbersome at times as well, know I've seen a few other Mac owners wondering how to do it too.

Okay no problem. . . Couple of things that you will need to have set in place. Everything is done using the Terminal app in the utilities folder

1. Download the Lurker rkflash zip file directly to your Download folder. Once downloaded you can rename the firmware folder into something simpler. I renamed it DX200. You will need the folder name later.

2. Open Terminal from your Macbook's utility folder. Copy and paste the information below in the command prompt and hit enter:

ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)" < /dev/null 2> /dev/null

3. Once that is finished, copy and paste the following into the command prompt and hit enter:

brew install rkflashtool

Those two steps install the flash tool that you will need for the firmware. From here you can connect the DX200 in flash mode. You do this by turning it off, press and hold the Play/Pause button, and connecting it to your MacBook. Wait about five to ten seconds, then you can release the Play/Pause button.

4. Type the two commands, hitting enter each time, to make sure that your MacBook successfully downloaded the flashtool, and also to make sure it has recognized your DX200.

rkflashtool v
rkflashtool n

5. Once that has been confirmed, type the following to change the Terminal to your DX200 firmware folder that you downloaded earlier:

cd /Users/username/Downloads/DX200

6. The "username" is your main folder that you keep your Download folder in. You'll know it worked because the terminal app shows the name of your DX200 firmware folder.

7. Now, you can flash the firmware on the DX200 by typing these two commands, hitting enter after each.

rkflashtool w boot < boot.img
rkflashtool w system < system.img

8. Once it is done, the last step reboots the DX200

rkflashtool b

9. Check your settings to make sure the flash worked.

Aug 9, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #7,509 of 22,021
Aug 9, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #7,510 of 22,021
Actually, the steps to install Homebrew and rkflashtool are only needed to perform once. The remaining steps are listed in my firmware description. As I understand, the most difficulty is to run Terminal and to type commands.

You made a new firmware? I'm quite curious about this since I'm new to DX200 and would love to understand it better :darthsmile:

Aug 9, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #7,512 of 22,021
Aug 9, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #7,514 of 22,021
I am using the provided cable by iBasso. The amp has 3 digital inputs and I tried all of them making sure that I switch the right setting every time in the screen.

A digital input requires for it to be used as a transport, you want an analogue input, if I'm not mistaken. Sorry, I don't know that AMP so maybe I can't provide full help :triportsad:

Aug 9, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #7,515 of 22,021
A digital input requires for it to be used as a transport, you want an analogue input, if I'm not mistaken. Sorry, I don't know that AMP so maybe I can't provide full help :triportsad:
Ok ok, I think you found the problem. But, I have an incertitude now. If you see the coaxial cable, it is apparently mono (TS). So why is it not TRS? If it is really just TS, I should listen to a mono signal from an external AMP, am I correct?
iBasso-DX200-27-1024x772.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back