DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Aug 7, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #7,471 of 22,021
Oh yeah. I see it now. Thanks!

Aug 7, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #7,472 of 22,021
Observation: if the DX200's "native" Mango Player possessed the UI of FiiO Music player app I'd be a happy camper.

Aug 7, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #7,473 of 22,021
Just ordered my AMP3.
A question to Paul: Does it require burn-in? How much time do you recommend?

Aug 7, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #7,474 of 22,021
^
Burn-in is overrated. I just plug in, listen, and enjoy the ride. :)

Aug 7, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #7,477 of 22,021
I heard the Andromeda (on the DX200) at London CanJam recently.
It was indeed very good, but I would hesitate to say it was similar in character to the IT03 (although I only had a brief listen). Bear in mind that the OP's question was which ones would be similar to the IT03 :)

Given that IT03 is a hybrid IEM, and that (to my mind), it's the dynamic driver that adds to its special qualities, I'd suggest the Campfire Audio Vega, might be a more appropriate replacement, or some other dynamic driver based IEM, such as offerings from Dita, Beyerdynamic etc. Whichever ones also have great detail and soundstage :)
Not sure of any hybrid IEMs at the $1000 dollar mark.. all the ones I can think of are either much cheaper or much more expensive!
How about Campfire Audio Lyra II ?

Aug 8, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #7,478 of 22,021
I have the AMP3 amp here now. With the latest FW 2.5.1 or the one previous to .4 the sound is open, full with a little more bass compared to the AMP1. But and this is important, the bass does not intrude into the mids and sounds natural. This is a great addition and works excellent with my Utopia and other headphones. There is a power to the sound, which I can only assume is the additional headroom provided by the higher voltage and current. I really like what it does with the music. With some that was a little cool, it humanizes it, it sounds natural yet solid and as mentioned before, full.

Aug 8, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #7,479 of 22,021
I have the AMP3 amp here now. With the latest FW 2.5.1 or the one previous to .4 the sound is open, full with a little more bass compared to the AMP1. But and this is important, the bass does not intrude into the mids and sounds natural. This is a great addition and works excellent with my Utopia and other headphones. There is a power to the sound, which I can only assume is the additional headroom provided by the higher voltage and current. I really like what it does with the music. With some that was a little cool, it humanizes it, it sounds natural yet solid and as mentioned before, full.

Does it work well with sensitive IEMs ?

Aug 8, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #7,480 of 22,021
Does it work well with sensitive IEMs ?
For me it is doing very well. Very dynamic and I don't hear any hiss unless it is in the recording. It has a very low noise floor but you can see that in the measurements.

Aug 8, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #7,481 of 22,021
I heard the Andromeda (on the DX200) at London CanJam recently.
It was indeed very good, but I would hesitate to say it was similar in character to the IT03 (although I only had a brief listen). Bear in mind that the OP's question was which ones would be similar to the IT03 :)

Given that IT03 is a hybrid IEM, and that (to my mind), it's the dynamic driver that adds to its special qualities, I'd suggest the Campfire Audio Vega, might be a more appropriate replacement, or some other dynamic driver based IEM, such as offerings from Dita, Beyerdynamic etc. Whichever ones also have great detail and soundstage :)
Not sure of any hybrid IEMs at the $1000 dollar mark.. all the ones I can think of are either much cheaper or much more expensive!

Thanks for the reply. I think the Vega would be good after reading Twister6's review. Trouble is, I live in Jersey, Channel Islands and we don't pay UK VAT, which is good, but there are no Campfire dealers in the UK, which is bad!

Aug 8, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #7,483 of 22,021
a4f14593fb5aa33e9ad37e1c4b3045f0.png

Not only a legend, it's reality! IT04 :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back