DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 25, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #7,201 of 22,021
why iBasso change the sound signature without considering users who prefer the "original" one.
It is never intentional, nor can be controlled.

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #7,202 of 22,021
I just can't believe that months after being released DX200 still has laggish dedicated Mango player. This should have been one of a very first things iBasso should have fixed. Quite disappointed with this as I sold my X7 (so many bugs) and hoped DX would be much better but as time goes on it looks this will be another unfinished product. Moving to my AK300 more and more these days. Almost lost confidence in iBasso...

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #7,203 of 22,021
I have the same road than you : X7 too buggy. I bought a DX200. The sound quality is the best I have eared but... it was my third item... (1st = ghost swipping, 2nd = bricked). Paul sended me the most quickly he can... but four weeks without DAP and the cost to send him in China the DX200 two times.
I should like use Mango mode or Mango/android but possibilities are too poors.
I use Neutron player with Lurker's FW (thanks to him). I find it is the best for me.
I use mango mode when I want to save the battery.

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #7,204 of 22,021
I just can't believe that months after being released DX200 still has laggish dedicated Mango player. This should have been one of a very first things iBasso should have fixed. Quite disappointed with this as I sold my X7 (so many bugs) and hoped DX would be much better but as time goes on it looks this will be another unfinished product. Moving to my AK300 more and more these days. Almost lost confidence in iBasso...

Mine works absolutely fine with no lag (Mango player).. I'm just saying lol.

I think the key 'take-home point' here is that my experience doesn't invalidate yours, and vice versa :)

But it does seem to suggest that some units may be more buggy than others?
Or if you've done any modding (FW replacements), or switched a lot between Android and Mango, or installed 3rd party software, any or all of these could be contributing factors? Just thinking out loud..
This kind of thought process can hopefully help to maybe identify where the issues might be coming from?

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #7,205 of 22,021
Mine works absolutely fine with no lag (Mango player).. I'm just saying lol.

I think the key 'take-home point' here is that my experience doesn't invalidate yours, and vice versa :)

But it does seem to suggest that some units may be more buggy than others?
Or if you've done any modding (FW replacements), or switched a lot between Android and Mango, or installed 3rd party software, any or all of these could be contributing factors? Just thinking out loud..
This kind of thought process can hopefully help to maybe identify where the issues might be coming from?

Mango player lag is a well known issue of DX200 so I'm really surprised you don't experience that.

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #7,206 of 22,021
As a follow up to what I was writing, I was helping as a volunteer to man the iBasso stall at the recent (and excellent!) London CanJam.
I removed and replaced my micro-SD card multiple times each day to suit the needs of visitors who wanted to listen to their own music files, or didn't have any with them.
I found this made the micro-SD card/library scanning function go a bit temperamental (all in Mango still).
But after a day or two, it was fine again. And has been fine ever since. So what can be learned from this?

Honestly, for any non-corporate giant to build/integrate software and FW in-house, it can't be understated what a huge undertaking it is, and I salute iBasso and others for even managing to get it right 90% of the time. Similarly, with the limited testing cycles that cash flow and product 'time to market' permits, again it's close to impossible to iron out all bugs ahead of release.
I mean look at what happens every time a company even like Apple release their latest iOS updates! I generally won't download them until at least a month after release lol.
All companies can do then is to respond when bugs are reported.
The more background info (as in my post above), the more they have to go on in terms of isolating and identifying the issues.

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #7,207 of 22,021
Mango player lag is a well known issue of DX200 so I'm really surprised you don't experience that.

Again, that's my point. SW and FW are hugely complex (I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't know already).
I really, genuinely haven't been experiencing any lag. Probably others share my experience, and certainly it seems some others don't. Neither invalidates the other.

But trying to look at it constructively, I've only ever used Mango, never installed any 3rd party apps or non-iBasso updates and don't use wifi, streaming or anything else.
My comments are certainly not intended to diminish or criticise your experience or the way you use your DX200 (and I hope you take them in the community spirit I intended), rather to 'think out loud' and hopefully help us and iBasso towards better isolating and identifying the causal factors :)

Jul 25, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #7,208 of 22,021
Again, that's my point. SW and FW are hugely complex (I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't know already).
I really, genuinely haven't been experiencing any lag. Probably others share my experience, and certainly it seems some others don't. Neither invalidates the other.

But trying to look at it constructively, I've only ever used Mango, never installed any 3rd party apps or non-iBasso updates and don't use wifi, streaming or anything else.
My comments are certainly not intended to diminish or criticise your experience or the way you use your DX200 (and I hope you take them in the community spirit I intended), rather to 'think out loud' and hopefully help us and iBasso towards better isolating and identifying the causal factors :)

I'm pretty sure we're talking Mango mode, not Mango player in android mode. The lag is real and it's over half a year unsolved.

Jul 25, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #7,209 of 22,021
I'm pretty sure we're talking Mango mode, not Mango player in android mode. The lag is real and it's over half a year unsolved.

Oh sorry my mistake. I'm used to call Mango mode Mango player. MANGO MODE lag. You are right of course. Stupid me

Jul 25, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #7,210 of 22,021
Well, just to be clear, *I'm* talking about when I boot into Mango every time automatically (selected this option after it booted automatically into Android the first time I switched it on).
Sounds like the Mango mode you're talking about? Just for clarity.
And sorry, still no lag :p
But as I've been trying to make clear, the point is, neither my experience nor yours are universal. We are both right, but I'm probably slightly happier about that fact, given the circumstances lol

Jul 25, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #7,211 of 22,021
Well, just to be clear, *I'm* talking about when I boot into Mango every time automatically (selected this option after it booted automatically into Android the first time I switched it on).
Sounds like the Mango mode you're talking about? Just for clarity.
And sorry, still no lag :p
But as I've been trying to make clear, the point is, neither my experience nor yours are universal. We are both right, but I'm probably slightly happier about that fact, given the circumstances lol
They are referring to rebooting to pure Mango when you use the power button. It shows Power Off, Reboot or To Mango.

Yes we are working on the pure Mango mode. It is a separate system from Android Mango.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 25, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #7,212 of 22,021
My DX200 goes back to Amp3Players tomorrow morning for a replacement because of ghost swipe issue. Just thought I'd try and have one more listen before I box it up and what do you know, it's working perfectly!!!!! I know it's an intermittent problem, just typical that I've been struggling to use it and just when it's about to be packed and posted it's fine. Anyway, hats off to Amp3Players for great customer service.I am away to Suffolk next week and Amp3 Players are going to try to send the replacement to where I'm staying as long as the dates line up. How cool is that. Also, thanks to Paul for getting in touch and advising me on a different matter. It's really refreshing to deal with people who are passionate about what they do. Thanks to all

Jul 25, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #7,213 of 22,021
For all those firmware issues, I could recommend iBasso one thing: Make your player application, or at least the HMI application parts open to public. Let the users add the features they want. Let them deliver fixes. Hardware is pretty good. All the complaints are for software. Let the users contribute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back