DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 19, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #6,586 of 22,021
What is the improvement of the sq? Been wanting to update but im afraid its going to introduce another bugs

Warmer. More engaging. Musical. It is Like amp1 becomes amp2 signature.

Dont be afraid too much about bugs. iBasso and bugs are already sweet couple. But I promise it won't ruin your listening experience.

Jun 19, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #6,587 of 22,021
But when I tried HD material on Hybi with USB for Audio running, I only got noise (very high in volume, by the way)
I believe you tried HibyMusic from Play Market, and not "HibyMusic (by Lurker)" embedded into the firmware.

Jun 19, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #6,588 of 22,021
I believe you tried HibyMusic from Play Market, and not "HibyMusic (by Lurker)" embedded into the firmware.
Well, AFAIK I only installed Qobuz, PowerAmp & BubbleUpnP. I used the Hiby already installed after the Fw. But perhaps it got updated without me being aware. I can't tell.

Jun 19, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #6,589 of 22,021
update re:swipe down options screen. for loading music etc.

I bought two usb C cables today.
Versions 2.0 and 3.0.

Both bought up the needed swipe down options menu for loading files etc.

macbook pro and Android file transfer application.

Jun 19, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #6,590 of 22,021
perhaps it got updated without me being aware
No, it can't. Your story sounds strange for me! Another reason could be MangoPlayer active in the background...

Jun 19, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #6,591 of 22,021
Warmer. More engaging. Musical. It is Like amp1 becomes amp2 signature.

Dont be afraid too much about bugs. iBasso and bugs are already sweet couple. But I promise it won't ruin your listening experience.

Glad to hear that. Yes im aware how ibasso handling bugs and problems. They are great.

Just my curiousity, why selling another amps if they can alter sq with only updating firmware? Is it possible if there is setting to choose the soundsig without buying seperate amps?

Jun 19, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #6,592 of 22,021
Glad to hear that. Yes im aware how ibasso handling bugs and problems. They are great.

Just my curiousity, why selling another amps if they can alter sq with only updating firmware? Is it possible if there is setting to choose the soundsig without buying seperate amps?

I might be wrong but what I think is no any company would like to change the sound by updating FW. If it happens, it most likely is unintentionally. so don't bother thinking about it. Next FW surely change the sound again. But there should be difference in AMP module which FW cannot provide the change for.

Jun 19, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #6,593 of 22,021
No, it can't. Your story sounds strange for me! Another reason could be MangoPlayer active in the background...
I used Mango Player on Android to double check SQ. When I launched the USB for Audio it did not let me START with Mango playing music. I stopped & close Mango player, and then I started USB for Audio. It launched Hybi (or allowed me to launch it, I don't recall it exactly), but got those noises.
Anyway, I will try in a few days again. This time i won't dare to even touch Mango Player :)

Jun 19, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #6,594 of 22,021
Because of the spatial quality and layering with the new FW, this is the most 3D and dynamic I have heard the DX200. Excellent contrasts in details and the sound is very alive and exciting. On live recordings I like the depth and the way that individual people stand out when they make a sound in the crowd and they still keep their distance.

I am continuing to be surprised by this new FW. Anyone who has the DX200, listened to it or reviewed it needs to listen with this latest FW. There is so much layering but not just that but the sounds come from a source and it isn't flat but has body. Great stuff!

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #6,595 of 22,021
Do you guys experience sound change in both Mango and Android mode or in Mango mode only?

Jun 19, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #6,596 of 22,021
Jun 19, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #6,597 of 22,021
Because of the spatial quality and layering with the new FW, this is the most 3D and dynamic I have heard the DX200. Excellent contrasts in details and the sound is very alive and exciting. On live recordings I like the depth and the way that individual people stand out when they make a sound in the crowd and they still keep their distance.

Getting back in touch with the thread at the right moment, off to download the latest then!

(Just ordered Amp2 btw, as I think from review that it will pair beautifully with the Flares PRO)

Edit : What, now amp3 and amp4 soon, how did I miss that?
AMP3 a balanced high voltage high current amp
AMP4 a single ended high voltage amp

I never found amp1 lacking and I don't own high impedance low sensitivity phones but heck why not !

:D

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #6,598 of 22,021

Paul,

Can you (or anyone here) tell me if this interconnect cable will work with the DX200 AMP1? Didn't realize this would have both 3.5mm and 2.5mm connections. Do I use both at the same time, or can I use either?

From another thread: "What you bought was an A&K style balanced out cable to dual 3 pin XLR. The 2.5mm 4 pin has the (L-,L+,R-,R+) connectors for pins 2 & 3 on the XLR. The 3.5mm has shared GND pins to the XLR's Pin 1."

* To clarify: this will be going from the DX200 to a balanced headphone amp.

Edit: Just tried the 2.5mm cable only. There was A LOT of hissing. Think I bought the wrong cable...

vrdebrf.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #6,599 of 22,021
Paul,

Can you (or anyone here) tell me if this interconnect cable will work with the DX200 AMP1? Didn't realize this would have both 3.5mm and 2.5mm connections. Do I use both at the same time, or can I use either?

From another thread: "What you bought was an A&K style balanced out cable to dual 3 pin XLR. The 2.5mm 4 pin has the (L-,L+,R-,R+) connectors for pins 2 & 3 on the XLR. The 3.5mm has shared GND pins to the XLR's Pin 1."

vrdebrf.jpg

I believe it is used to select if you want your fullsize with xlr balanced converted to 3.5 single end or 2.5 balance.

Cannot connect both at same time.

Jun 19, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #6,600 of 22,021
I really hate DX200 now , too many bugs . Why I should lost my time with new FW , bugs . Will sell subj and by Kaan or another DAP .
I cannot start Mango player on android ( reload and switch of doesn't work ) .
I heard KAAN on Astell&Kern booth in Munich. The sound is much worse then DX200. And KAAN design looks like German tank from WWI. If you want A&K player the same level as DX200 please hear DP1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back