DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 20, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #6,617 of 22,021
From the description you quoted, you should connect both 2.5 and 3.5 mm to AMP1 at the same time. 3.5mm jack here connects only to the ground (common) pin. Then it should work as intended.
You are correct. If going to an amp a ground is needed. Some may have missed that it was going to an amp.

Okay. I'll try it later. I was worried cause I've read going from an unbalanced (3.5mm) to a balanced (2.5mm, plus dual 3-pin XLR?) can short circuit the device. Did not want to risk that...

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #6,620 of 22,021
I am having an issue whereby every time i try to import a m3u playlist, it is always empty. Anyone else having the same issue? Any way to fix this?

I haven't tried importing playlists yet, but have you tried to manually update the media library (swipe from the right to the left two times when you're on the main playing screen in Android mode and you can access the manual update feature)?

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #6,621 of 22,021
I haven't tried importing playlists yet, but have you tried to manually update the media library (swipe from the right to the left two times when you're on the main playing screen in Android mode and you can access the manual update feature)?
Yes i have, the playlists i imported are still empty even after i rescanned the library. I am using mediamonkey to sync my playlists and songs and i have the following options. I have tried various combinations and none seem to work. Does anyone know which of these settings i should use?
m3uoptions.PNG

Jun 20, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #6,622 of 22,021
Yes i have, the playlists i imported are still empty even after i rescanned the library. I am using mediamonkey to sync my playlists and songs and i have the following options. I have tried various combinations and none seem to work. Does anyone know which of these settings i should use?

Hi -- I don't have a dx200, but I've struggled with m3u playlists on other devices. You can look at the playlist in a text editor. See if it has drive specs in it -- it shouldn't. I suspect you need to check 'Force relative paths' to avoid drive info. Also, Unicode may be required. I haven't worked with a device which required Linux folder separators, but that might also be required. I suggest you export several playlists (p1, p2, p3, p4...etc) using different combinations of linux separators, unicode and extended m3u settings to see which works.

Or wait for someone who knows.

GLTY :)

Jun 20, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #6,623 of 22,021
I have one suggestion to share about micro sd storage. You should try formatting micro sd with exFAT 128kb. It improves storage reliability on high capacity unit and also works better too. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jun 20, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #6,624 of 22,021
I've just got a DX200 and Shure SE846 IEM's. Do you think it's worth getting some IT03's as well for a change of sound? I also have a FiiO X5iii and iFi Audio iDSD Black and they both work well with the SE846, so it won't go to wast.

Jun 20, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #6,625 of 22,021
I've just got a DX200 and Shure SE846 IEM's. Do you think it's worth getting some IT03's as well for a change of sound? I also have a FiiO X5iii and iFi Audio iDSD Black and they both work well with the SE846, so it won't go to wast.
Well, if you want a change in sound and the chance to tune it up to 36 combinations you can try the FLC8S. They sound fantastic with my DX200.
IT03, if you like the sound which is also very good, is a cheaper alternative that matches very well.

Jun 20, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #6,626 of 22,021
Hi -- I don't have a dx200, but I've struggled with m3u playlists on other devices. You can look at the playlist in a text editor. See if it has drive specs in it -- it shouldn't. I suspect you need to check 'Force relative paths' to avoid drive info. Also, Unicode may be required. I haven't worked with a device which required Linux folder separators, but that might also be required. I suggest you export several playlists (p1, p2, p3, p4...etc) using different combinations of linux separators, unicode and extended m3u settings to see which works.

Or wait for someone who knows.

GLTY :)

I don't have a DX200, but, working with the DX90, DX80 and other android players in the past, try this:
1. Set force relative paths
2. Open playlist after sync with Notepad
3. Remove header detail if any
4. Replace all \ with /

This worked for my previous ibasso daps and all android daps I've used. Let me know if this works. It's the one thing keeping me from buying a DX200 (i.e. playlist integration).

Jun 20, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #6,627 of 22,021
@thevanquished

I don't have a DX200, but, working with the DX90, DX80 and other android players in the past, try this:
1. Set force relative paths
2. Open playlist after sync with Notepad
3. Remove header detail if any
4. Replace all \ with /

This worked for my previous ibasso daps and all android daps I've used. Let me know if this works. It's the one thing keeping me from buying a DX200 (i.e. playlist integration).

What he said :)

Point 1 is what I mentioned.

Point 3 removes the info inserted if you select 'Use Extended M3U' checkbox

Point 4 is accomplished by selecting the 'Use linux folder separator' checkbox.

Hope this works for you.

Jun 20, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #6,628 of 22,021
The extremely fast rewinding with latest FW is really annoying isn't it? Buttons are useless now, the only way to move within a song is through a progress bar... Hope the next FW will upgrade this.

Jun 20, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #6,629 of 22,021
Just got my DX200! Excited for the night of music listening. I wanted to find out... can I plug in the burn in cable AND listen to music through my headphones at the same time? Or is it only one or the other?

Jun 20, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #6,630 of 22,021
Just got my DX200! Excited for the night of music listening. I wanted to find out... can I plug in the burn in cable AND listen to music through my headphones at the same time? Or is it only one or the other?
Just one at at time, you'll be burning it in while listening. 2.5 or 3.5 will continue the burn in process, when your finished listening plug in the burn in cable and let it continue. Hope you enjoy your new DX200, let us all know how you like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back