DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 18, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #6,556 of 22,021
Hi,'
It is my first post on this fantastic forum.. Unfortunatelly I have a big problem with DX200. After installing the last firmware the device does not re-boot. The screen shows only "DX200 Reference DAP" and that's it . Is there any way to make dx200 working? Thanks in advance for any help
Did you wait long enough? First boot after update was really on that screen with the dot line filling in again and again.
I was rrasdy to tell that my update through OTG+USB stick didn't work and ... it did.

Jun 18, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #6,557 of 22,021
Reloaded. Android mode (main home screen) only show battery indicator on top corner and no percentage.
In Mango player/Mango mode has no such problem.

In play mode the percentage shows.

Make sure You're connected to 5GHz network. 2.4GHz can cause static noise.
And another big bug unsolved. I still can't resume paused track without turning the screen on. Android mode and mango player.

I have tried this in both the Mango and Android mode and with the screen off/black I can pause the music and resume it. Maybe try a factory reset.

edit: I realized you get this after leaving the DX200 in pause for over 90 seconds. After 90 seconds the DX200 goes into deep sleep to conserve the battery. If it doesn't it would continue to use the battery at a fairly normal rate and people get upset about that. I will see if an option can be implemented in the future.

Hi,'
It is my first post on this fantastic forum.. Unfortunatelly I have a big problem with DX200. After installing the last firmware the device does not re-boot. The screen shows only "DX200 Reference DAP" and that's it . Is there any way to make dx200 working? Thanks in advance for any help

If for some reason you can not get your DX200 to reboot after doing a long press on the power button to do a forced shut down then shut down the DX200. There is a link on the first page of the thread to the Batch Tool that is used with a PC. There is also a firmware there that you would use with the Batch Tool. From that you can then update to the latest FW.

Last edited:
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 18, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #6,558 of 22,021
On the first boot with a new firmware, Android recompiles Java bytecode to ART for all the built-in and installed software, and caches built-in software resources. It requires some time and patience...

Jun 18, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #6,559 of 22,021
I just spent the past half hour trying to install this firmware update.
  • Online update option did not work.
  • Downloaded zip file in iBasso, but couldn't open it.
  • Found out through online manual that it needed to be in root folder of SD card.
  • Unable to move, or copy and paste zip file with iBasso default file manager...
  • Installed another file manager and tried update again through local update option. Update fails...
  • Find out there's another zip file inside the zip file... Extract that to root.
  • Tried local update option again and IT FINALLY WORKS!
Installing a firmware update should not be this cumbersome...
The procedure is in the download when you unzip the zip file. Place the new zip file from the folder where the instructions are directly on a micro SD card. Then follow the directions from the download to update.

Jun 18, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #6,560 of 22,021
Did you wait long enough? First boot after update was really on that screen with the dot line filling in again and again.
I was rrasdy to tell that my update through OTG+USB stick didn't work and ... it did.

The situation is stable but bad. No dotted line- just the screen with the description, which seems to be ironic a little about refernces in DAP's software.. No idea how to re-set it. After re-start the same screen appears without progress.

Jun 18, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #6,561 of 22,021
The situation is stable but bad. No dotted line- just the screen with the description, which seems to be ironic a little about refernces in DAP's software.. No idea how to re-set it. After re-start the same screen appears without progress.
Please see my reply above.

Jun 18, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #6,562 of 22,021
Please see my reply above.

Hi Paul.
Thanks for your help.
I have stopped in the end of the process. The batch tool does not see the device plugged into usb port.
I can't do this (no expected blue color) :

Press and hold the Play/Pause, and connect the DX200 to the computer again. Release the Play/Pause after you see the area 3 turns to blue color, and the device type will show “loader”.

Jun 18, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #6,563 of 22,021
Hi Paul.
Thanks for your help.
I have stopped in the end of the process. The batch tool does not see the device plugged into usb port.
I can't do this (no expected blue color) :

Press and hold the Play/Pause, and connect the DX200 to the computer again. Release the Play/Pause after you see the area 3 turns to blue color, and the device type will show “loader”.
You loaded the .img FW into the BT and with the DX200 off and the play button held down, you plugged the USB into the DX200? Have you also tried a different USB C cable?

Jun 18, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #6,565 of 22,021
Yes I followed the instructiom. . I don't have another type C cable. The device manager does see the dx200, the BT not.
Turn the DX200 on and off again. The BT is what we use here at the factory to install all software. Also when you plug in the cable to the DX200 after you have plugged it into the computer, push it down lightly and see if you get a connection to the BT.

Jun 18, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #6,566 of 22,021
I'm back to using Mango mode with this new FW. I've not tried Android mode yet.

The sound signature (using Mango) has definately changed with this update.
And as far as I am concerned; for the better!

There is much more low end.
Maybe the DX200 is a bit less reference now, because maybe the bass is a bit boosted now,
But I don't know, and I do't care either. I really like the altered sound signature. It is still transparent and analytical, but now warmer more fun and more slam

Thanks Ibasso!!

Only desire I have, is Mango UI beiing as repsonsive as Android..... Can that be arranged Ibasso?

Jun 18, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #6,567 of 22,021
Turn the DX200 on and off again. The BT is what we use here at the factory to install all software. Also when you plug in the cable to the DX200 after you have plugged it into the computer, push it down lightly and see if you get a connection to the BT.
i had problems with windows 10. the system recognizes the rockchip but locks it.
i´ve found in the net rockchip driver assistant 4.4 and works very well with windows. i don´t know if it´s the case of @Nino01

Jun 18, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #6,569 of 22,021
I use the BT on Windows 10 without issue and 8 on my Windows based computer but for some reason I have read some have had issues but it often boils down to the BT not being installed correctly. I know it took me sever tries but when I really followed the directions I got it to work and use it now when there is a .img FW update but it only works with .img.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back