DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 9, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #6,436 of 22,021
Are

Are there any further details you can tell us about the two cards, can't wait to try them. It's like waiting for Christmas:L3000: thanks Paul

I'm afraid you might have to wait 'till next month when they are unveiled at CanJam London. Though, I hope for iBasso to share the spec ahead of the release! I'm actually more excited about IT04 and their full size pair of headphones. All their headphones are designed in house, not outsourced to someone else.

Jun 9, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #6,437 of 22,021
Can somebody please help explain me. What is the pro / con for high voltage amp vs High current amp in theory?

Which is suitable for iem / FZ.

Thanks

Jun 9, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #6,438 of 22,021
I'm afraid you might have to wait 'till next month when they are unveiled at CanJam London. Though, I hope for iBasso to share the spec ahead of the release! I'm actually more excited about IT04 and their full size pair of headphones. All their headphones are designed in house, not outsourced to someone else.
Don't get me started on the IT04s, the suspense is killing me. The amps and full size headphones are helping to keep my mind off the IT04s. This seems to be a very positive time for Ibasso and I wish them all the best. Really looking forward to CanJam next month.

Jun 9, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #6,439 of 22,021
Don't get me started on the IT04s, the suspense is killing me. The amps and full size headphones are helping to keep my mind off the IT04s. This seems to be a very positive time for Ibasso and I wish them all the best. Really looking forward to CanJam next month.

Oh, I hear the rumors, that IT04 4way hybrid going to be a killer :wink:

Jun 10, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #6,441 of 22,021
1. Modified HibyMusic has removed software volume control for bit-perfect playback. With original version, it is required to rotate the wheel to raise the volume to the maximum in HibyMusic each time USB DAC is attached. Also, it means, you can't control actual volume when original HibyMusic is at the foreground.
2. Without USB Audio, HibyMusic plays all at 16/44.1KHz, downsampling anything else. For CD-sourced 16/44.1 it plays bit perfect anyway (which is good: see 'Known problem' in USB Audio description). For hi-res and DSD, of course, better to use USB Audio and let our great DAC (ESS9028PRO) to deal with the original sound data.

Just in case, I must say, HibyMusic requires much less CPU resources playing hi-res and DSD, than UAPP or Neutron.

I like the Hiby app

Works simple and seems to eat less battery than both Ibasso Android/Mango (but didn't do serious measuring)
The only thing which could be improved, is widening the slider button on the right of the screen to do fast scrolling.
This area is really hard to reach with my big fingers (the leather Ibasso cover isn't helping either)

I haven't found a way to change this myself. Is this something you can change Lurker?

Jun 10, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #6,442 of 22,021
The only thing which could be improved, is widening the slider button on the right of the screen to do fast scrolling.
Frankly, I have no idea what are you talking about. I scroll a usual way: by swiping from top to bottom or vice versa.

Jun 11, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #6,443 of 22,021
Hi Lurker
Thanks for the reply

Maybe I wasn't clear. I doubt you never used the function I mentioned.

In Ibasso Android App, In "Artist" or "Album" mode for instance; Once you strart scrolling, a black slider button appears on the ultimate right side of the screen.
If you then use that slider, you can scroll much quicker through the list.
In Ibasso Mango that slider button is always accesible

Hiby also has this function, when you use it, it showd in which part of the Alphabet you are at that moment.
The problem is, that the slider is too small for easy acces.

You get what I mean?

On second thought; I better send a request to the Hiby developers?

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #6,444 of 22,021
Hi,
Just would like to report an issue so that it can be fixed in future firmware update.
Under Android mode, using stock Mango app:
1) after the screen dim off, press the play/pause button will not be able to pause the song if music is playing, must press the power button first to bring the screen on first (no need to unlock the screen), then press the play/pause button only manage to pause the music.
2) Similar to above, but reverse, if music is not playing, need to press power button to bring back screen on first, then press play/pause button to play the music, but the problem is - the music will auto pause again a short while (few seconds to around 15 seconds);
if press power button bring back screen on, unlock, press touch screen Play button (not the side physical button) , then normally won't encounter this auto pause issue.

Hope above able to illustrate clearly and fix in future, Thanks.

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #6,445 of 22,021
Jun 11, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #6,446 of 22,021
Jun 12, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #6,447 of 22,021
I want to get a balanced analog Line Out from the DX200 to my home headphone amp (Oppo HA-1) with 2 3Pin XLR female sockets.

Will this cable do the trick? http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=5241

If not, what else can I use? Is there such an animal such as a 3.5mm stereo to 2x3Pin XLR male cable?

(I want to avoid the SPDIF as it wont pass DSD etc, and I don't want to use USB-C out as I want to avoid using the home headphone amp's DAC.

Jun 12, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #6,449 of 22,021
Can't wait for amp 3 & 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back