DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 5, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #6,376 of 22,021
I am currently using a Beta versión on my phone and at Alpha -2 says that HD on internal DAC and USB DAC supported on Android 6.0 up to 24/192 via Audiotrack ouput
I just tried PowerAmp build 703, but it didn't produce any sound with USB Audio. Probably you'll be more lucky :wink:

Jun 5, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #6,377 of 22,021
Try WindowsX modded fw too. You might see the difference. Just try free version of his.
Did you try it yourself? I've disassembled the free version to look to the changes made, and I've found out that it is the same crap as he was done for DX80. A number of settings that he took from Android forum, which have no effect on DX200, because no a line of code ever use those settings. Though I do understand that somebody would "hear the difference" :D

Jun 5, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #6,378 of 22,021
I think my DX200 has a random screen swiping problem which Ibasso has admitted already. So, what is the repair routine - Ibasso changes screen or the entire device? I bought it from local distributor..

Jun 5, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #6,379 of 22,021
So, what is the repair routine - Ibasso changes screen or the entire device? I bought it from local distributor..
You'd better ask your local distributor first. They may replace the screen, or may exchange the device, depending on what do you have currently in stock. Or nothing, if their stock of devices and screens is empty.

Jun 5, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #6,380 of 22,021
I think my DX200 has a random screen swiping problem which Ibasso has admitted already. So, what is the repair routine - Ibasso changes screen or the entire device? I bought it from local distributor..

If you are having a screen issue please email me at paul@ibasso.com. I can arrange a repair for you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 5, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #6,381 of 22,021
If you are having a screen issue please email me at paul@ibasso.com. I can arrange a repair for you.

Paul, thank you very much for prompt reply, I am talking to distributor at the moment (to see what we could do), what puzzles me at the moment - yesterday I saw random swaps on my DX200 (have to record video next time), today just right menu slides from right back and forth.. Yesterday the behaviour was more bizarre..

Jun 5, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #6,382 of 22,021
Paul, thank you very much for prompt reply, I am talking to distributor at the moment (to see what we could do), what puzzles me at the moment - yesterday I saw random swaps on my DX200 (have to record video next time), today just right menu slides from right back and forth.. Yesterday the behaviour was more bizarre..

Did you try to wipe the screen clean? Don't just smear it, maybe you have a cleaning solution for glasses?

Jun 5, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #6,383 of 22,021
Did you try to wipe the screen clean? Don't just smear it, maybe you have a cleaning solution for glasses?

Interesting tip, thanks. Will wipe.

PS. Just wiped it. Interesting, looks like there is protective film applied to the screen... I wonder whether it supposed to be taken off DX200 or whether it is glued and should stay on it.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #6,384 of 22,021

PS. Just wiped it. Interesting, looks like there is protective film applied to the screen... I wonder whether it supposed to be taken off DX200 or whether it is glued and should stay on it.
That is a screen protector that comes with the DX200. I have always left mine on but most of my daps have no protector.

Jun 5, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #6,386 of 22,021
Hi, I am considering buying an IEM. Do not want to spend too much and I have found the Nuforce Hem 8 at 475€. Any experience with that? It's very sensitive (124Db) so I do not know if there will be any hiss when used with AMP1 module
Another option could be the FLC8S

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #6,387 of 22,021
I also sent my unit for repair the screen as well. It seems that first lot of product really has problem with screen ghost swiping issue as many Thai users here had same issue.

iBasso sent the whole new unit for my replacement. I don't sure whether it is iBasso's Solution or my Local Distributor's Solution.

Either way, Really thanks to generousity of them except I just need to start burning in the device again.

Jun 5, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #6,388 of 22,021

if I were you, I'd get with paul at ibasso, and do as he suggests. if your device has the ghost touch issue, it's not going away and will only get worse. cleaning the screen or messing with the protector will not fix the problem. paul will get you another unit from the factory that is known to not have the problem. you won't have a device for a week or so, but, in my case anyway, there was obvously a problem, and the new one doesn't have the problem at all, regardless of how dirty the screen is. you'll be glad you took the time and made the effort to get the problem resolved once you have the new one in your hand.

Jun 5, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #6,389 of 22,021
That's right. No amount of cleaning the screen will help. I don't see why this problem only pops up after few months of use as the screen is always the same condition in cleanliness. It is a hardware defect.

Jun 6, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #6,390 of 22,021
I had several units from the same vendor that had the phantom swipe issue. Both became progressively worse over time. Fortunately Paul was able to set me up with a new unit that works flawlessly. I wouldn't waste any time trying to live with the issue - definitely contact Paul and follow his lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back