DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 4, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #6,136 of 22,021
+1! Almost bought it online, just want to hear real owners' comparison, if the the difference is really audible.

Me too, but do have mixed feelings about this

On one hand: always, like most of us maniacs, am I willing to pay for audible improvements
On the other hand: I bought ithe DX200 because of its so called 'reference quality'. The unit is brand new, the software is not even glitch free. For me it is somehow too early for an upgrade.
If there is a better amp already available so shortly after my purchase, this means I was not receiving the reference quality I thought I was paying for.

The amp 2 should have, like someone else wrote, extra options like extra storage or additional battery life.
But it should not sound better (even if I wish it was)

May 4, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #6,137 of 22,021
The difference is very audible.

It boost the single end a lot and make it close to the quality of amp1 balanced output.

Detail-wise it's marginally worse than amp 1 balanced, but for those who enjoy musicality, atmosphere, bass, vocal will find amp 2 a gem compared to amp 1.

I will see if amp1/2 pairs up better with my Tia Fourte if it arrives tomorrow.

May 4, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #6,139 of 22,021
Anyone can try AMP2 with CA Andros? Synergie should be better than with AMP1. Also curious about hiss with this pairing.
I can confirm that there is no hiss for UM mentor V1, Shure se846, and UM Mason.

p.s. there is some pairing issue for UM mason with the AMP2 with Lakable gold/silver cable, but it's better with other cables.

May 4, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #6,140 of 22,021
Firmware 2.2.110-L1 is officially available :)

The main changes:
  • USB Mass Storage in Android provides compatible, problem free access to your SD-card from any computer! Just connect DX200 to Windows/Mac/Linux, pull down the notification bar, tap USB connection bar and select MIDI. MIDI has been replaced with USB Mass Storage.
  • Much improved USB Audio for DX200. Please read its description and what's new here.
OK, there is one more hidden feature for advanced users, who understand what do they do: it is possible to grant write to SD card permission to all the installed apps, but only to installed from Play Market. Ask me if you need it.

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #6,141 of 22,021
Does this latest firmware version still require the use of the Batch tool or can it be installed using the procedure for the standard iBasso updates?

May 5, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #6,144 of 22,021
Does this latest firmware version still require the use of the Batch tool or can it be installed using the procedure for the standard iBasso updates?
I can't sign a package with manufacturer's key. So, FactoryTool, which does not check signature, still is required.

To let you flash a custom firmware using DX200 only, I have to build a custom recovery console and an Android application to flash the recovery partition. It is not that hard to build TWRP for DX200, but I'm not sure that such an application is possible. Even if it's possible, it's not easy, but I'm thinking about... Now, when I'm 100% satisfied with DX200 functionality, I could try to do it...

May 5, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #6,146 of 22,021
Sorry if this is already asked, but since I don't know how to search this thread after the site revamp now, I would like to ask here again: Is there any way to export the playlists from Mango OS player and import to Android Mango player?

May 5, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #6,147 of 22,021
Hi
Does anyone know if IBasso will provide a feature of charging dx200 while using as USB DAC? Thanks
DX200 in USB DAC mode does charging. But the USB port of the host computer may provide not enough current.

DX200 in USB DAC mode announces itself as self-powered device. It is true, because it has its own battery. It is up to the host USB driver either acknowledge or ignore this information. It is very useful when the host itself is battery powered: notebook, tablet, smartphone. But the real life is quite different:

My Android tablet ignores this announcement, and provides up to 1A of current (with 0.5A max standard for USB 2.0!). I had to make a special cable to prevent draining of tablet's battery very fast.

Windows desktop PC acknowledges it and provides even less than 500mA of current, not enough to keep DX200 battery from discharging.

There are, probably, correct desktop (provide 500mA) and mobile (provide 50-100mA) solutions, but iBasso can do nothing here. They (XMOS chip firmware, actually) implemented it right way.

May 5, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #6,148 of 22,021
usb 2.1 standard is 500mW
usb 3 standard is 900mW, and it's enough to play and charge

May 5, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #6,149 of 22,021
May 5, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #6,150 of 22,021
usb 2.1 standard is 500mW
usb 3 standard is 900mW, and it's enough to play and charge
There is no USB 2.1, you used milliwatts (power) instead of milliampers (current), so, most probably, you are not an expert :wink: 500mA for USB2.0 and 900mA for USB3.0 are maximum values. For instance, a mouse never asks for that much, and never is provided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back