DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 30, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #6,091 of 22,021
I understand there's no right or wrong way...Mango or Android. My question is... WHY is the sound of native Mango and Android Mango so different? If all is designed correctly for bit perfect playback... why wouldn't they sound virtually the same? They don't.

Because of different FW and used app. You can find sound difference in poweramp vs hiby vs neutron vs UAPP even you use same dac too.

Apr 30, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #6,092 of 22,021
Installed the new firmware for a couple of days now. Fixed all the problems I had in Android mode ( Gapless and order issues).

However I have a new problem with Mango. Sometimes it cut off a few seconds of the beginning of a song the first time it is loaded. Anyone else got the same problem?

Apr 30, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #6,093 of 22,021
Yes I get that issue with the first couple of seconds of a track.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will Android apps like Neutron and Poweamp downsample high resolution files and/or not offer bit perfect playback?

I'm using Lurker's current firmware.

May 1, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #6,094 of 22,021
Yes I get that issue with the first couple of seconds of a track.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will Android apps like Neutron and Poweamp downsample high resolution files and/or not offer bit perfect playback?

I'm using Lurker's current firmware.

Use his USB App to activate bit perfect for neutron. Don't forget to read his instruction.

May 1, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #6,095 of 22,021
Bought the amp2 today,

significant improvement in musicality just from the start, it makes me question the need of balanced output.

Better dynamics, little bit recessed vocal with more emotions, better bass
Better air and larger soundstage

I am looking forward for any new amps in the future. I hope they provide a warmup cable for the 3.5mm output as well. Luckily i have one from dx90.

This is hugely encouraging. How does it compare to the DX90? I find the 90 much more organic and natural than the SE or balanced out of the Amp1 DX200.

May 2, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #6,096 of 22,021
Guys
I need a upgrade over my it03, i need a iem with this caracteristic:
- Bass with more transparency
- Under 1500 usd
- I don't like dd solution
- I am really interested on listen the high really more easy and with more air. because it03 is much smooth
- Not sibilance
- Neutral maybe with a little colotaration for dynamic presentation
- Good match with DX200.
- Excellent separation in sound ( real upgrade over my it03 )
- revealing highs
I think the aaw900 or zeus can be good option, but is much money, i search my end-game.. i think the it03 is good iem but i need a revealing tone..

I listening much of metal and rock.

Any ideas? thanks

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #6,097 of 22,021
Guys
- Under 1500 usd
- I am really interested on listen the high really more easy and with more air. because it03 is much smooth
- Not sibilance
- Good match with DX200.
- revealing highs
I think the aaw900 or zeus can be good option, but is much money, i search my end-game.. i think the it03 is good iem but i need a revealing tone..

Any ideas? thanks

FitEar 334, Campfire Andromeda

May 2, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #6,099 of 22,021
Guys
- Under 1500 usd
- Not sibilance
- Good match with DX200.
- revealing highs

Any ideas? thanks

You can give either Earsonics S-EM9 or Jomo Audio Samba a try. Both are speedy monitors with excellent separation between instruments. I listen to lots of metal myself.

Regards
Andrew

May 2, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #6,100 of 22,021
You can give either Earsonics S-EM9 or Jomo Audio Samba a try. Both are speedy monitors with excellent separation between instruments. I listen to lots of metal myself.

Regards
Andrew
With the SEM9 you listen a lot of airy in highs/is easy to listen the cymbals? the problem with metal is the cymbals !! I can listen easy with my monitor speaker but in iems is hard...

May 2, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #6,101 of 22,021
With the SEM9 you listen a lot of airy in highs/is easy to listen the cymbals? the problem with metal is the cymbals !! I can listen easy with my monitor speaker but in iems is hard...

I very much enjoy listening to cymbals too. The Samba does a better job of highlighting that. The S-EM9 is not as sparkly up top in comparison and I do crave more treble presence at times. The S-EM9 has fantastic resolution and clarity though, so even though treble is a little laid-back, it's still fairly obvious in the mix. Less fatiguing to listen to as well.

May 2, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #6,103 of 22,021
Thanks for you opinion, i see the samba cost 2499 is really high price for me.

Because the it03 has a really good price to performance ratio, it can be hard to beat it without shelling out a lot more money. Having possess both the it03 and s-em9, the it03 still remains very relevant in my rotation. Another iem you can explore would be Campfire's Andromeda. Really good width for soundstage which I find to be important for heavy metal.

May 2, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #6,105 of 22,021
You can now purchase or get the details for the AMP2 from our website.

AMP2

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back