DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 28, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #6,065 of 22,021
Has anyone put out a silicone case for the unit yet?

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #6,066 of 22,021
@Paul - iBasso What is a schedule for AMP2 release? Any comment on sound signature differences?

I'm not sure about the exact release date, but review sample delivery might be happening very soon :wink:

Apr 28, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #6,067 of 22,021
International sales release is this Tuesday. It will depend upon when local distributors order as to when it will be available in all areas.

Does anyone know how to edit the signature line now? I have a smiley face in my email address that isn't supposed to be there.

paul@ibasso.com

Last edited:
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 28, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #6,068 of 22,021
Apr 28, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #6,069 of 22,021
sorry if this has previously been asked... but with this latest firmware, the android mango works well enough for me to use now. so what is the reason for the quite substantial difference in sound between native mango and android mango? android mango sounds freakin' awesome with my w80 iem now. by comparison, native mango sounds more "tame", less dynamic, a little "2d" sounding, where android mango sounds more "3d". I'm using no eq. wondering why such a big difference in sound.

Apr 28, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #6,070 of 22,021
sorry if this has previously been asked... but with this latest firmware, the android mango works well enough for me to use now. so what is the reason for the quite substantial difference in sound between native mango and android mango? android mango sounds freakin' awesome with my w80 iem now. by comparison, native mango sounds more "tame", less dynamic, a little "2d" sounding, where android mango sounds more "3d". I'm using no eq. wondering why such a big difference in sound.

Someone said already in this thread about preferring Android sound over Mango mode.

Apr 29, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #6,071 of 22,021
Looking forward to listening to AMP2...

Apr 29, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #6,072 of 22,021

Some prefer the android sound and others prefer mango sound. There's no right way or wrong way..it's whatever sound you end up preferring.

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #6,073 of 22,021
I have 2 English albums that are showing gibberish in the Andriod mango player ( album, artist, title, etc) while the rest of the albums are fine. These 2 albums seem fine in Mango OS player and in Windows Foobar2000 (I verified the tags in properties too). Anyone able to advise how I can fix the gibberish displayed in Android mango player? The whole album is broken into individual tracks and I cant decipher the track, album or artist unless access it via directory folder. Thanks.

Apr 29, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #6,074 of 22,021
Bought the amp2 today,

significant improvement in musicality just from the start, it makes me question the need of balanced output.

Better dynamics, little bit recessed vocal with more emotions, better bass
Better air and larger soundstage

I am looking forward for any new amps in the future. I hope they provide a warmup cable for the 3.5mm output as well. Luckily i have one from dx90.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back