DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 1, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #5,568 of 22,021
Mine seems ok now after update.....

Ok, I take it back. In Android Mango Player the track list appears to be correct but when playing the order is all over the place.... Over to the bug thread....

Edit: the song order is played alphabetically by track name, not randomly. This now happens even when choosing an album via the directory.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #5,569 of 22,021
Hi I'm interested in getting the DX200 since it ticks most of the boxes of what I want in my DAP which includes Tidal streaming and portability. Im currently using the NW-ZX2 and im enjoying it but am looking for an upgrade. 
4. If anyone owns a ZX2 here would you mind comparing them for me?

Thats all. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
smily_headphones1.gif

Just upgraded from ZX2 to DX200. Out of the box DX200 is way better than ZX2, resolution is so much better... (using same Angies and music).

Sound signature is different too (Sony is more analog sounding) but I would not say DX200 signature is anyway deficient to ZX2.

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #5,570 of 22,021
Yes when changing formats you will often hear a sound. This can be a tick sound or a little louder. It varies but is a change in the hardware.

Dear Paul. My computer and my android phone (mi5s)
downloads the same files much much faster than dx200. I checked my router and couldn't find any problem. I think my Dx200 is faulty. Waiting 5 min for a tidal track download is outrageous.

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #5,571 of 22,021
Exactly the track list seems fine on paper but if you start to play songs the order is incorrect. Didn't notice the alphabetical order but it doesn't matter as it's just wrong. Listening to a whole album is impossible now with latest FW update. Had to return to a previous FW where at least Directory tab works OK. This is a huge issue. Please iBasso don't let DX200 end up like FiiO Android DAPs...

Apr 1, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #5,572 of 22,021
Exactly the track list seems fine on paper but if you start to play songs the order is incorrect. Didn't notice the alphabetical order but it doesn't matter as it's just wrong. Listening to a whole album is impossible now with latest FW update. Had to return to a previous FW where at least Directory tab works OK. This is a huge issue. Please iBasso don't let DX200 end up like FiiO Android DAPs...

You can switch to Mango OS on latest firmware which doesn't seem to have the same problem, but I agree, this is a huge issue as Android Mango player is now unusable.

Apr 1, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #5,576 of 22,021
Dear Paul. My computer and my android phone (mi5s)
downloads the same files much much faster than dx200. I checked my router and couldn't find any problem. I think my Dx200 is faulty. Waiting 5 min for a tidal track download is outrageous.

How strong is the signal that the DX200 is getting?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 1, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #5,577 of 22,021

I am trying to duplicate this problem but haven't been able to. Can you further explain?

Apr 1, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #5,578 of 22,021
I am trying to duplicate this problem but haven't been able to. Can you further explain?

In Android Mango player, choose any album. Click on first song to play. Then skip to next song - wrong track plays. In fact, the second track that plays is the second track title if the album were arranged alphabetically. As you continue skipping through tracks they will be played in alphabetical order (based on track name tag, not file name) and not in album track list or "now playing " order. Note, this does not appear to happen in Android OS. However, it does appear to happen even if albums are selected via the directory, so there is now no way (for me at least) to play an album in correct order in Android mode.

Hope this explains OK Paul.

Apr 1, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #5,579 of 22,021
In Android Mango player, choose any album. Click on first song to play. Then skip to next song - wrong track plays. In fact, the second track that plays is the second track title if the album were arranged alphabetically. As you continue skipping through tracks they will be played in alphabetical order (based on track name tag, not file name) and not in album track list or "now playing " order. Note, this does not appear to happen in Android OS. However, it does appear to happen even if albums are selected via the directory, so there is now no way (for me at least) to play an album in correct order in Android mode.

Hope this explains OK Paul.

Got it. Thank you. I am informing the software team and it will be worked on.

Also the slight lag in Mango with the swipe right and left will be worked on.

Apr 1, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #5,580 of 22,021
Dear All, after the update, in Mango mode, the left right swipe to change screen is still delayed. Is that the case for everyone? Paul should this not have been solved?

We will work on this. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back