DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 2, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #4,816 of 22,021
What are you folks doing when you want to add music to your microSD card? I guess one can do this:

1) Take DX200 out of case
2) Extract microSD card
3) Put microSD card in an adapter
4) Plug microSD+adapter into computer
5) Transfer files
6) Reverse steps 4 to 1.

I sort of expected that Android file transfer might work on a modern Android 6 system, but apparently not. Even a fairly modest transfer of a ~ 100 Mb causes the DX200 to hang and require a hard reboot. Anybody know of any good Play store file transfer apps? Oh wait... :frowning2:

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #4,817 of 22,021
Tried DX200 myself the other day, it's the best sounding DAP so far even better sounding compared to my AK240 and Opus #2.

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #4,818 of 22,021
What are you folks doing when you want to add music to your microSD card? I guess one can do this:

2) Extract microSD card
5) Transfer files
6) Reverse steps 4 to 1.

I sort of expected that Android file transfer might work on a modern Android 6 system, but apparently not. Even a fairly modest transfer of a ~ 100 Mb causes the DX200 to hang and require a hard reboot. Anybody know of any good Play store file transfer apps? Oh wait... :frowning2:

File manager App.

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #4,819 of 22,021

2) Extract microSD card
5) Transfer files
6) Reverse steps 4 to 1.

Don't get too worked up on that. Just plug your microSD to a PC/Mac (with adapter if need be) and manage your files from there. A full Android system is still no match to a PC when it comes to file transfer/management. (For me at least).

What I'm doing now is only add music files that I want/enjoy listening over and over. For each albums in my collection at least half of the album I would never miss nor care to listen to so it saves space on the SD card and make my use of a DAP simple. Play all music random. I never have to touch my DAP while listening, except for pausing playback and turning the player on/off.

To be honest, with boutique DAPs the only thing I care about is enjoying music. As long as it plays music and supports the basic of things that let me enjoy without annoying interruptions I'm set. My basic is, folder view and gapless playback for software. No hiss, pops and clicks in between music for the hardware. So far DX200 fulfills those things for me. Everything else are extras/bonus. Good to have but not the end of the world if missing. Same goes with LPG. Never have to worry about anything else. 

All other DAPs I have fails at least 1 of my basic requirements. I still think the pure music mode can still be further reduced or streamlined. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #4,821 of 22,021
FYI - while the severeity of screen touch issues has been reduced on my DX200 with the new firmware, I am still getting phantom touch issues.  Interestingly, the location of the phantom touch has changed.  Before it was primarily focused on the bottom of the screen but now it is at the top.

Ideally, if the next version of the firmware can reduce touch sensitivity even further that would hopefully help fix this.

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #4,822 of 22,021

Thanks! Do you have a link for this? And do you use this to transfer wired or via wifi?

I use this rom. It is 1.3.60 though. but I believe he is working on the latest FW now (if his other works finish.)

It has pre-installed google playstore.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/833971/ibasso-dx200-firmware-modification-project

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #4,823 of 22,021
  B&H Photo has it in stock as well now:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1319002-REG/ibasso_ibasso_dx200_dx200_high_performance_digital_audio.html

Same price, $949, without even the BS of the 'value-added bundle'.

Profiteering from buzz and scarcity 
frown.gif
  I guess it's just like the car dealership that adds undercoating ($1100), custom floor mats ($950), etc...on 'hot' models. Somewhat irksome that folks in UK/Europe can get this for over $100 less from advancedmp3players (with the discount code).  Amazing that they're discounting when US retailers are marking up above list.

I will say that I've done lots of business with B&H, and they've always provided excellent service, before and after sale.

It's OK, I can wait.  Another few weeks and it'll be back in stock on iBasso website, and I'll only have to pay MSRP.  I get that it's only $80, but it's the principle of the thing.  And besides, that $80 will almost pay for a CB12  (if that ever comes back in stock) to give me a complete iBasso rig:  

DX200 ==> CB12 ==> IT03   
gs1000.gif

Yeah, I'm a little surprised that B&H charges a premium, it's usually not their style. I've been wondering if the $869 is for real or was jus and estimated US retail price from @Paul - iBasso

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #4,824 of 22,021
To me, more responsive UI in Mango is a nice to have feature.  Sure its a premium priced piece of gear and it is expected to work perfectly.  It's UI is nowhere near as responsive as my X7.  However, all I'm interested in is the sound.  I'm not playing video games on it, nor do I fiddle with the player all the time when I'm enjoying the music.  So a slight laggy UI is of no concern to me at all.  

I do hope they fix the random popping noise soon.  It does concern me a lot as it really affect how I enjoy the music, which is the only reason why I bought this thing.

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #4,825 of 22,021
  I use this rom. It is 1.3.60 though. but I believe he is working on the latest FW now (if his other works finish.)

It has pre-installed google playstore.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/833971/ibasso-dx200-firmware-modification-project

Thanks for the tip - I actually knew about WindowsX's work on this. Now no disrespect to anybody is intended here, but are we really saying that in this $1000 DAP, installing cracked 3rd-party firmware is the only way of being able to plug in a USB cable to transfer files???

How have you folks been transferring data to internal memory? Does it have to go one hop to an extracted SD card before re-inserting the card and then moving the files using File Explorer??

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #4,826 of 22,021

Thanks for the tip - I actually knew about WindowsX's work on this. Now no disrespect to anybody is intended here, but are we really saying that in this $1000 DAP, installing cracked 3rd-party firmware is the only way of being able to plug in a USB cable to transfer files???

How have you folks been transferring data to internal memory? Does it have to go one hop to an extracted SD card before re-inserting the card and then moving the files using File Explorer??

Paul has promised for google. http://www.head-fi.org/t/791531/dx200-details-features-and-specifications-1st-page-with-wifi-and-bluetooth-interchangeable-amps/4680#post_13298708

transferring data to internal memory, I normally use cable connect to device and put the file into internal memory folder music. Window-base PC will see the device itself.

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #4,827 of 22,021

Mac user here.
Plug it in.
Down swipe the screen for usb options. Choose transfer files.
Using android file transfer application.

I think i cover it in my review. (?).

See my sig.

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #4,828 of 22,021
Mac user here.
Plug it in.
Down swipe the screen for usb options. Choose transfer files.
Using android file transfer application.

I think i cover it in my review. (?).

See my sig.

I've been doing exactly your steps 1 to 4. Maybe I have (another) hardware problem, but every time I try this, Android File Transfer slows, then freezes, the DX200 freezes and needs to be rebooted by holding down the power button. Am I the only person this isn't working for?

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #4,829 of 22,021
I've been doing exactly your steps 1 to 4. Maybe I have (another) hardware problem, but every time I try this, Android File Transfer slows, then freezes, the DX200 freezes and needs to be rebooted by holding down the power button. Am I the only person this isn't working for?

What OS platform of your PC?

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #4,830 of 22,021
  What OS platform of your PC?

So far, I've no issue with USB file transfer.

Anyway, have you tried AirDroid?

Browser Link: http://web.airdroid.com/
APK file: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&hl=en

Its possible to transfer via WiFi... wouldn't recommend if you have huge collection to transfer. For huge one off transfer, I would usually do via physical removal of SD card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back