DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 29, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #1,876 of 22,021
From my experience Europe will be way behind the US (unless Paul can reassure us?)

So, why not ordering directly* from the iBasso site?

(* assuming that it will be for sale over there as soon as it hits the market)

Dec 29, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #1,878 of 22,021
I dunno why but I just had a little chuckle. I mean as much as I loved daps and still love them.....having tried the QP1R, AK320, Sony ZX2.......I am now skeptical when people are expecting the next "dap" to be the next best thing. I mean all these players are being compared to an LPG released 2 years ago......either LPG was far far far ahead of its time.....why can't daps just adopt the regular SD card slot...commend LPG for that...or daps really haven't come a long way.

I don't get this dap hobby esp with these skyrocketing prices.....when you have a portable device you call flagship can't definitively beat something from 2 years ago..still have a weaker amp...laggy ui? like What....when was the last time your 2 year old smartphone beat the current flagship still in some aspects......and for that matter cell phone prices stay relatively the same.....600-800 every year and they are slowly catching up in audio(maybe not...no headphone out....dumb).

So far no DAP can touch this GO V2+ Infinity(better than the mojo by a long shot(recessed treble, prickly slightly digital treble, midrange emphasis, bass doesn't extend as far, X soundscape instead of Spherical, Highly reactive usb input, compressed soundstage, still needs amp to sound good, RF interference....yeah all these problems and we have worshippers thinking it is the best thing ever.) and only ESS sabre dac that isn't so glarey). The newest version with the new Murata caps, improved SE, and firmware....just wow in balanced.

IF basso can implement the sabre in this way......at $869....i will seriously thank ibasso and bow to them. Give them props. Already beautiful device, and judging from the video....UI looks a lot faster and smoother than that gold brick of a Sony UI. 

I can't believe people advocate these prices and line up to pay. AK240 everyone was like HOLY crap.....still does well....AK380....HOLY crap does well...AK380CU Holy crap does well. Sony gold Brick 3.3k....does well...its less than 3.8k so good value! LOL

When we were first introduced to headphones....HD800 was the trend setter.....HE1k comes out...OMG who would pay 3k for a ******* headphone?....success....OH snap I think my product the Utopia is better....what's the price of the most expensive headphone on the market? Yeah...gotta make a statement...4k!

I know we enjoy sound, but sometimes I feel like the industry just knows how to bait us with "dat sound quality" knowing we'll do anything to try for that .1%. Just if you look from an outsider's perspective, its like a drug addict looking for the next dose with a higher purity.....that said I feel even daps are close to the best they can be. 

Thank you ibasso for being reasonable. Really don't think any dap should cross the 1k line ever.......given they all have stupid quirks, lag, limited functionality....please don't get baited too hard guys Lol.

Totally agree. Except the .1% part. It's not better, people praise new DAPs just because they got bored with their old ones hence they need to justify their urge of buying new ones by unconsciously convincing themselves the newer are always better, even it's nothing different to their current DAPs. And the industry knows this fact better than anyone else.

Dec 29, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #1,879 of 22,021
Maybe I will wait a month after dx200 initial release to get one, on that point I hope it will get a better firmware, choice of amp module, and dignis leather case.

Dec 29, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #1,880 of 22,021

You may get it or think you do although iBasso and others apparently don't. I'm tired of promises been made and others not updating all parts of a DAP only to always charge top dollar for a new version. It's an endless merry go-round. The DX200 should as standard have 128GB on board considering it's marketed as a flagship item not the poultry 64GB offered. It's a pity because it looks on paper to be fantastic.

Absolutely ... and if iBasso only realised at the last minute that they couldn't implement a key feature of the device there is no certainty that the rest of the implementation is going to be correct.

The DAP marketplace at the moment is a sad array of flawed and overpriced products. 

Hopefully the DX200 will fix a lot of things ... with a MkII version to sort out the storage capacity.

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #1,881 of 22,021
Maybe I will wait a month after dx200 initial release to get one, on that point I hope it will get a better firmware, choice of amp module, and dignis leather case.

Based on the announced spec, I think the stock amp module w/BAL output going to be their top choice from the get-go.  And high quality leather case will be included already.

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #1,882 of 22,021

It is the same.

How's that for a slap to the face (mine), answers this question although leaves the formal release date floating in the wind.
mad.gif

Dec 29, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #1,883 of 22,021

How's that for a slap to the face (mine), answers this question although leaves the formal release date floating in the wind.
mad.gif

Hahaa! Patience I tell myself... perhaps... in the spirit of new year being around the corner... it'll be next year. Yup... possibly soon, definitely next year. 

Dec 29, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #1,884 of 22,021

mad.gif

No slap intended. I do not have a solid date for you but it will very very soon. I would take a metaphorical slap any day over a real one.
smile.gif
I am sorry if you felt slighted it was unintended.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 30, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #1,885 of 22,021
oh boy!, cant wait for this dap! i hope it can slap the top of 2-3k daps. also i want to give you paul my props for making the it03 iem, from reviews only its a iem that can compete with a top ones with good price that avarge joes can enjoy, the only reason i dont buy these because i have little concha and i am afraid i they will not fit, any possible solution?

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #1,886 of 22,021
  oh boy!, cant wait for this dap! i hope it can slap the top of 2-3k daps. also i want to give you paul my props for making the it03 iem, from reviews only its a iem that can compete with a top ones with good price that avarge joes can enjoy, the only reason i dont buy these because i have little concha and i am afraid i they will not fit, any possible solution?

I have the IT03 and it's already over 150 hours or so. The sound is soooo good. Although I don't have 1000$ iem, I bet it will compete with other totl iem. I don't have a good DAP, that is why I want ibasso's own DAP to go with it. And I bet it will be an excellent match for this iem.

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #1,887 of 22,021

No slap intended. I do not have a solid date for you but it will very very soon. I would take a metaphorical slap any day over a real one.
smile.gif
I am sorry if you felt slighted it was unintended.

Thank you for the clarification. I too together with others patiently wait to experience a truly world class DAP in the DX200.

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #1,888 of 22,021
No slap intended. I do not have a solid date for you but it will very very soon. I would take a metaphorical slap any day over a real one. :smile: I am sorry if you felt slighted it was unintended.

Sorry, forgot to include my post (I don't post here very often, lol). I've been following this thread since the beginning, and I've also been anticipating this DAP. I own the DX90 and I've enjoyed it, despite the glitches with the firmware.

But it seems we've been told that the DX200 would be released by the end of 2016. Now we're being told that ibasso isn't sure when it will be released. However, for what seems like the longest time, they keep repeating that it will be released "very soon". Very soon seems not to be so soon after all, lol. It sounds more like an attempt to keep us on the line, as it were. And of course, the unit will eventually be released, eventually realizing (in hindsight) the "very soon" estimate. :wink:

Also, we've been told that the hardware has been completed, and ibasso just wants to make sure that the software is working without problems. But missing the EOY target makes me question if they're having problems with this.

Why would a company who's been telling us that their highly-anticipated product would be available by the end of the year willingly miss out on taking advantage of the holiday shopping season? Unless the product isn't ready for release.

I know that there are often unanticipated problems in manufacturing, especially with a new product, and especially when that product depends on workable sw/fw/UI. Like others, I'm disappointed that storage has been limited to 1 micro SD slot, instead of the 2 that were originally announced. And I apologize if the EOY target was speculation on the part of hopeful posters instead of the company itself.

But I've pivoted from buying the DX200 upon release, to waiting for some reliable reviews - and firmware updates. I may even just purchase another DAP altogether. Very soon is starting to make me wonder. Lol

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #1,889 of 22,021
The release is imminent.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back