DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 19, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #856 of 22,021
....... Anyway, I don't mean for any of this discussion to cause problems for iBasso, but I hope they will seriously consider it.

4x microSD slots could cause a lot of  firmware complications, but 1x microSD + 1x SD would probably be no harder than 2x microSD.

You do realize that most likely the design is already finalized?  At this point, I hope they will seriously consider to include a cool leather case
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #858 of 22,021

You do realize that most likely the design is already finalized?  At this point, I hope they will seriously consider to include a cool leather case
biggrin.gif

I don't believe so. 

They can make changes if they want because it's still yet to mass-manufacture and ship.

Putting two more micro SD card slots will not hurt them.

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #859 of 22,021
  Just a reminder of how big a regular SD slot is, since many seem to suggest it's easy to "sneak one in." 1 SD + 1 microSD = 933 mm^2, which is almost 6 microSD. 

They should do four micro SD card slots.

But guys... why are you guys so worrying about SD card slots??

You guys purchase Calyx M, HM901 which come with SD card slots... correct?

Then why not DX200 which is almost equal in size? 

Everybody's so happy about SD card slot of HM901 and Calyx M on their threads but DX200's thread is full of people who are afraid of SD card slots. Considering DX200 will be just as big as Calyx M and HM901, I wonder why.

DX200 will be thicker than Calyx M for sure. 

As I have said, SD card slot and micro SD card slot cost less than $1 at a factory. Even $10 SD card reader come with up to 7 slots... seriously no reason to not implement more.

Jul 19, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #860 of 22,021

....... Anyway, I don't mean for any of this discussion to cause problems for iBasso, but I hope they will seriously consider it.

4x microSD slots could cause a lot of  firmware complications, but 1x microSD + 1x SD would probably be no harder than 2x microSD.

You do realize that most likely the design is already finalized?

Yes, I realise that, and I hope you realise that I am not 'pushing hard', about card slots
normal_smile .gif

We're just discussing pros and cons. Personally, I'm 'ok' with 2x microSD, but 1x microSD + 1x SD would be more flexible and more expandable. It would also put the DX200 somewhere in between X7 and T3, expansion-wise, and since the DX200 will be directly competing with X7, it would actually be a wise thing for iBasso to sweeten the DX200 with more flexible storage than the X7.

Anyway, iBasso will have to think about that, for themselves. They're the ones who need to sell as many DX200s as possible.

beerchug.gif

Jul 19, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #861 of 22,021

biggrin.gif

I don't believe so. 

They can make changes if they want because it's still yet to mass-manufacture and ship.

Putting two more micro SD card slots will not hurt them.

You don't believe what?  iBasso started this thread 8 months ago, asking us which design we prefer the most.  It was finalized, and 2 months ago they updated the first post with an official spec list and a picture of their printed wiring board:

Some more details of the DX200:

1. RK3368 CPU (the latest)
2. 2GB LPDDR
3. The DAC chip is the ES9028pro
4. Dual micro SD card slots (not enough room to use 2 SD cards and the price of micro cards is falling fast).
5. WIFI
6. Blue Tooth

The DX200 board:

They are not going to change the artwork of densely populated pwb, especially since they already gave you an explanation and a screenshot showing they don't have any room for it.  This is not a Lego project where you add and remove pieces
wink.gif
  The cost of an extra card reader is not the issue in this case, it's the lack of space.

Jul 19, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #862 of 22,021

You don't believe what?  iBasso started this thread 8 months ago, asking us which design we prefer the most.  It was finalized, and 2 months ago they updated the first post with an official spec list and a picture of their printed wiring board:

Some more details of the DX200:

1. RK3368 CPU (the latest)
2. 2GB LPDDR
3. The DAC chip is the ES9028pro
4. Dual micro SD card slots (not enough room to use 2 SD cards and the price of micro cards is falling fast).
5. WIFI
6. Blue Tooth

The DX200 board:

They are not going to change the artwork of densely populated pwb, especially since they already gave you an explanation and a screenshot showing they don't have any room for it.  This is not a Lego project where you add and remove pieces
wink.gif
  The cost of an extra card reader is not the issue in this case, it's the lack of space.

I don't believe they're completely final until we see an actual product. 

Who knows? LH Labs have published hundreds of pictures like this but Geek Wave's not yet to be finalized. 

Also, I doubt about the space..... this is apparently going to be thicker than Calyx M which sounds just as good as AK240 and has an SD card slot.

Jul 19, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #863 of 22,021
SD card and micro SD card consume nearly no battery at all.

They have nothing to do with battery life. If you put 10 SD card slots and stream movies from all of them, then maybe but having 4 micro SD slots for music streaming will not kill battery since 3 of them will always just idle. 

i was talking about the extra space removing 1 slot would create.
is it too small for lager battery?

Jul 19, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #867 of 22,021
Send Paul a message and beg for an SD slot! 

Why? He doesn't want the extra slots. You seem to think it's as simple as just adding additional slots, that's not the case. Certainly not the case when adding 2 additional slots, on top of the 2 original slots. I know this is a pointless discussion with you at this point, so I'm bowing out of it. Fortunately, there will only be 2 mini SD cards, and I'm ecstatic about that. I don't want 4, don't need 4. More crap to go wrong. More issues with software. I think 4 is overkill.

Jul 19, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #868 of 22,021
Why? He doesn't want the extra slots. You seem to think it's as simple as just adding additional slots, that's not the case. Certainly not the case when adding 2 additional slots, on top of the 2 original slots. I know this is a pointless discussion with you at this point, so I'm bowing out of it. Fortunately, there will only be 2 mini SD cards, and I'm ecstatic about that. I don't want 4, don't need 4. More crap to go wrong. More issues with software. I think 4 is overkill.

Well, it depends on skill level of engineers at iBasso.

As I have said, this $10 SD card reader can read up to 7 flash storage devices.

https://www.amazon.com/niceEshop-Multi--Memory-Reader-Windows/dp/B01DXPST8I/ref=sr_1_16?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1468960321&sr=1-16&keywords=sd+card+reader

Not that extremely difficult and expensive to do as you think. More crap will not go wrong... it costs $10 to make that work. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back