DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 18, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #616 of 22,021
  Sorry Paul but 6 months and still no hint of a release date has proved too much for me - I've just received my Onkyo dp-x1. Its bloody brilliant, but I'm
sure the dx200 will be up there. I've been a happy owner of a DX50, DX90 and DX80 but I'm 68yrs old and could drop dead at any time!!

Well, now you have a good reason to live longer.  Hang on in there
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #617 of 22,021
Thanks for the good wishes guys - I'll do my best to survive a little longer:nerd: But my "humour" shouldn't disguise a serious point that many potential customers will be lost to uncertainty over the release date. But I guess it's a hobby like stamp collecting (possibly more expensive) and people will buy the 200 regardless. I'd love to be one of them but my wife would kill me (if I were still alive of course)

May 19, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #619 of 22,021
If the DX100 experience was robust (may be little laggy but solid), it's fair to expect DX200 also will follow suit. What says? Although I feel I missed the boat on DX80, now it's fairly stable, it's not that much fun anymore, if you know what I am saying.

May 20, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #620 of 22,021
I agree that too early a heads up can be a problem for us impatient types. I was buying a DX80 which I ordered early on, then got wind of the DX200. Lack of stock in the UK of the Dx80 meant a long wait and I ended up swapping my order for a Fiio X7.
Having been looking for an upgrade from my DX50 which I was already very happy with meant that Ibasso was always going to be my first port of call. I knew I liked their products so wanted more of the same, unfortunately after a couple of months wait I ended up trying a different path.
I do love my X7 so no problem in the long run I just wanted to point out that brand loyalty can be fickle. I definitely won't be in the market again for probably 3 or 4 years now by which time another flag ship somewhere Will be stealing the thunder from the current latest and greatest. This means 1 or 2 generations of Ibasso are now already out of contention for me and I'll possibly be looking to the DX300 or whatever it may be.

May 20, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #621 of 22,021
announcing gears that are due to be released without a timeline means in few cases that the release date will be too long and can reach a year from announcement, this always back fires on the company, as people will loose interest in following up 

totally am not appreciating this silence from ibasso about release date

May 20, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #623 of 22,021
May 20, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #624 of 22,021
iBasso has already shown us their prototype with working UI. So it's really just a matter of time. I suppose it's a good thing if they've given themselves ample time to fine tune and perfect all the little details before launch. If this is going to be their flagship player, then iBasso has quite a bit of it's reputation at stake. I certainly hope it'll leave the Fiio X7 in the dust. 

But, it is a piece of gadget and gadgets only remain shiny and attractive if they're packed full of the latest and greatest. 

May 20, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #625 of 22,021
I think it doesn't hurt from marketing standpoint, that something is in store, it can go either way, some will wait and some can't, some will buy it anyway when it's available. I hope DX200 will have all the features of DX80 + Bluetooth + ability to play Pandora, Spotify like internet stations + killer looks, that will be huge, a complete solution. 
beerchug.gif
popcorn.gif

May 21, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #626 of 22,021
I don't disagree with you it is certainly beneficial to fine tune a product prior to release. This is often not the case with a DAP though as software will develop and improve over time.
I just wanted to share my experience with Ibasso as I really wanted to remain a loyal customer and feedback is important to business.

May 21, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #627 of 22,021
  I think it doesn't hurt from marketing standpoint, that something is in store, it can go either way, some will wait and some can't, some will buy it anyway when it's available. I hope DX200 will have all the features of DX80 + Bluetooth + ability to play Pandora, Spotify like internet stations + killer looks, that will be huge, a complete solution. 
beerchug.gif
popcorn.gif

or 2 cards and great SQ

May 21, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #628 of 22,021
You could go the patch route. But there's just as many buyers that will form their opinion of your brand simply from the release version. If the platform of the release version is sub-par, why should they spend their money and hinge it on the hope that the company gives a **** and would improve it later on? And even then, would it be addressing the things that the particular customer would like?

Just look at how bad some well established brands are at that. I'm looking at you Sony. I for one have been bitten once too many time so I definitely won't get it until they put in the features I would like to have. If it were some $5 app on pay store, yes I can see the point of waiting for an update, but I think this would very likely be at least some $400+ going by DX80's pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back