DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 20, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #13,561 of 22,021
I sold my modified amp4, with stock caps, and it was still cheaper than MSRP. I do dislike people who rip off otherS by advantages.

Exactly. If it was to cover shipping It would still be ok. But the price he set up is almost twice the price of a amp4s and that’s obviously ripping people off.

But oh well it’s bound to happen. Wonder who bought it..:

May 20, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #13,562 of 22,021
Hi guys, has anyone tried the FitEar2Go's with the DX200? I'm curious...

You mean fitear 334 TG? Yes both 334 and 335 line do perfectly match with dx200.

May 20, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #13,563 of 22,021
May 21, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #13,565 of 22,021
Exactly. If it was to cover shipping It would still be ok. But the price he set up is almost twice the price of a amp4s and that’s obviously ripping people off.

But oh well it’s bound to happen. Wonder who bought it..:
My price was in US Dollars. The MSRP in USD is $199 and when you factor in shipping costs and adapter costs it actually comes out pretty even. I thought $275 was a pretty fair price.

I also just sold my DX90 with Dignis leather case for $150. As we all know this is an expensive hobby but I am not looking to rip anyone off.

Last edited:
May 21, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #13,566 of 22,021
My price was in US Dollars. The MSRP in USD is $199 and when you factor in shipping costs and adapter costs it actually comes out pretty even. I thought $275 was a pretty fair price.

I also just sold my DX90 with Dignis leather case for $150. As we all know this is an expensive hobby but I am not looking to rip anyone off.
Hello Paul,

What connectors should be used for the SPDIF coax and optical outs?

Thank you

May 21, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #13,567 of 22,021

I don't post often, and when I do it's mostly unfinished thoughts and points rarely made but this is where I can turn it all around...

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't notice adapters in your ad. If this was the case then I just ask you to please consider that situations such as these shouldn't influence the cost of the item for the next guy. That's just how we all want the the used market to work...well at least the buyers: ) Recouping MSRP + shipping? Of course. Jacking the price? I get it considering demand. Honestly, that I felt compelled enough to focus on any single task, for this long, at this stage of my holiday evening, tells you I'm all about those adapters. Happy May two-four to the Canadian HF'ers!

No biggie tho. It's a hot item and you rightfully took advantage of it.

Now leave.

Just joshing bud :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
May 21, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #13,569 of 22,021
I don't post often, and when I do it's mostly unfinished thoughts and points rarely made but this is where I can turn it all around...

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't notice adapters in your ad. If this was the case then I just ask you to please consider that situations such as these shouldn't influence the cost of the item for the next guy. That's just how we all want the the used market to work...well at least the buyers: ) Recouping MSRP + shipping? Of course. Jacking the price? I get it considering demand. Honestly, that I felt compelled enough to focus on any single task, for this long, at this stage of my holiday evening, tells you I'm all about those adapters. Happy May two-four to the Canadian HF'ers!

No biggie tho. It's a hot item and you rightfully took advantage of it.

Now leave.

Just joshing bud :ksc75smile:
I have one I'll sell to you for $400 JK if you get my drift.

May 21, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #13,570 of 22,021
Quess you didn't read the little item about his $40.00 shipping cost.

I did. But as pointed out. He included the adaptor he bought into the price.

So let’s put this into perspective 199+40=239
275-239= 36. <—— profit

And let’s be clear. The 40 dollars included the cost of an adaptor he got. So overall he made a profit of abt 56usd.

If your all into people in this thread getting ripped off by people because of the demand for the amp4 by all means.

I for one do not support making a profit out of an item and I hope that no one in this thread will get rip off too.

May 21, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #13,571 of 22,021

275-239= 36. <—— profit

And let’s be clear. The 40 dollars included the cost of an adaptor he got. So overall he made a profit of abt 56usd.

If your all into people in this thread getting ripped off by people because of the demand for the amp4 by all means.

I for one do not support making a profit out of an item and I hope that no one in this thread will get rip off too.

The prices are bound to increase when demand is higher than supply.
Is it really “ripping off” when people are willing to pay for the item at that price?
Sure, iBasso may restock the product again later on and this particular person may have paid more for the product, but they did have the chance to use it right away.
I’ve been checking the selling section constantly and used amp 4/4s don’t come by that often.
Unless you are willing to sell yours at msrp or less, I don’t see how people are able to purchase one without being “ripped off”.

May 21, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #13,573 of 22,021

275-239= 36. <—— profit

You know he is going to have shipping cost also to get it to the buyer, or it was included in the price. Somewhere along the line every one seems to forget about free enterprise. Also he was one of the early bird buyers and probably ended up not really liking the 4s as I am still on the fence about it.

May 21, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #13,574 of 22,021
The prices are bound to increase when demand is higher than supply.
Is it really “ripping off” when people are willing to pay for the item at that price?
Sure, iBasso may restock the product again later on and this particular person may have paid more for the product, but they did have the chance to use it right away.
I’ve been checking the selling section constantly and used amp 4/4s don’t come by that often.
Unless you are willing to sell yours at msrp or less, I don’t see how people are able to purchase one without being “ripped off”.

Sure. We can’t stop people from purchasing something thats in high demand. It’s their choice to buy and it’s their money.

But ethically wise and morally, I strongly am against supporting second hand market with a purposeful intent to sell something for a profit. As you say, limited supplies drives up the cost of an item, it’s something we can’t control.

I just hope that people in this thread will not be so willing to take advantage of others to make a profit.

I for one received multiple pms from people in this thread offering to buy my amp4s for 250-350. I gave them all the same reply, do not pay so much for it just because we say it’s good. Be patient wait for Paul to release other batches. It’s bound to happen. Secondly, I also helped them to enquire from my local suppliers to get the amp at cost.

Some managed to some did not. But at least I did my best to help.

We can all agree to disagree but yeah, everyone have different views about such issues but I am pretty sure I have stated my stand pretty clearly. And I am gonna end it at here.

Let’s move on! :D

Though it’s also pretty clear from the responses here that we will be seeing more amp4s in the marketplace soon with about the same price as what was just sold :o2smile:

Last edited:
May 21, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #13,575 of 22,021
Hello Paul,

What connectors should be used for the SPDIF coax and optical outs?

Thank you
For the coaxial you can use a 3.5 TS plug and for the optical a mini for the optical end that goes into the DX200.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back