DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 9, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #12,451 of 22,021
Not sure I saw it wrongly, the Amp4s is in the Discontinued section of the ibasso product list.

is it still available for order ?
Wow, they sold out quick if that’s the case. Just had a look at their site, it’s kind of glitchy, but can’t see Amp 4s available.
There again, I am using an iPhone 6+ that seems possessed and isn’t showing any signs of getting any better. Maybe I should see about getting it exorcised :smiling_imp:

Apr 9, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #12,452 of 22,021
Not sure I saw it wrongly, the Amp4s is in the Discontinued section of the ibasso product list.

is it still available for order ?
Lol I just checked seems like they are sold out on the web.

Apr 9, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #12,453 of 22,021
Weirdly, my Friend was still able to purchase one amp4s using his laptop hmmm

Apr 9, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #12,458 of 22,021
Hi all,

Update on my OTG / external HDD saga...

I was able to get it working. Using File Manager app I can see the WD 4TB HDD and play files from there using Neutron!

Now, it drains the DX200 power faster (naturally). What do folks here use to charge the DX200 while being able to access the HDD?

Lurker?

Thanks!

Apr 9, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #12,459 of 22,021
So I finally mod the AMp4 according to Whitigir's procedure.
Only 1 thing I noticed, U dont need to cut the 'ring' as one side of it is opened.
So u can flip it open and insert the black foam material as mentioned by Whitigir and u are good to go..

You are absolutely correct.

I cut it because mine broke too, and I do not like broken pieces that can fly in my stuff.

Congratulations on fixing your amp4 real socket issue :D. Now you are good to go with a secured connection and permanent fix

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #12,460 of 22,021
Hi all,

Update on my OTG / external HDD saga...

I was able to get it working. Using File Manager app I can see the WD 4TB HDD and play files from there using Neutron!

Now, it drains the DX200 power faster (naturally). What do folks here use to charge the DX200 while being able to access the HDD?

Lurker?

Thanks!

This will definitely help you charge with hdd playback. You just need to attach after type c male to usb a female adapter.

You have a side port to connect with your power bank. Then connect hdd and everything good to go.

https://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-idefender3-0/

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #12,461 of 22,021
What do folks here use to charge the DX200 while being able to access the HDD?
When you connect a "USB device" (HDD, flash stick etc.) to DX200, it (DX200) works as a "USB host", and must provide power to the device. You can't provide and accept (for charging) power at the same time via the same connector.

There are some devices that can be charged when in OTG host mode, but they have a setting to switch between charging and device powering. DX200 has no such a setting.

Your only solution is an external power supply for the HDD. See above, or any self-powered USB hub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back