DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 8, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #12,406 of 22,021
Dude guys stop ordering the amp4s and let me order too! Just kidding haha. Alright i give up, i just pinged Paul an email, hopefully he can send me an invoice via email. I have to sleep now. ITs 2 am here and i have work tomorrow. If fate has it i will have an amp4s. Else... i will just be very very sad. LOL

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #12,407 of 22,021
No kidding. The good news is that they're still showing available. Granted, it's only been 30 minutes, but still. My order has been placed. Now for the wait to the IT04...

Yep, I'm looking for the IT04 next.

Apr 8, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #12,408 of 22,021
I’ve ordered, but a pre order with AMP3Players and will have to wait until they receive their quota before mine is shipped :triportsad: looks like I’ll be reading your impressions a few days before I receive mine. Will have to just keep busy I guess, gonna be hard as I’m having a few days off. :ksc75smile:

Apr 8, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #12,409 of 22,021
My AMP4s has been ordered.... I think. I had the same thing happen.

I had the German landing page with PayPal, then got a message saying the order had already been paid for. Which was really weird. Then I got a 404. I checked PayPal and it didn't look like anything went through. I started again, the same process. I got the 404 again, but not until after the payment had processed. That time it seemed to work as I got an email from PayPal afterward. I think I just had a bit of an issue my first time though. Maybe there was a mad rush on the AMP4S :)

Apr 8, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #12,411 of 22,021
Here is a more detailed picture process

1/ picture one. The socket is cut at the plastic spacer and ring. Which exposes the inner grips of the L+ terminal

2/ picture two. Just the very little piece of foam that can flex back circled in red as shown. I just push it into the space like the illustrated as orange stuffing into that opening on the very top, the orange arrow pointed precisely toward the space to insert. You can see this little black foam I left on the side of the chassis. Remember to plug and unplug your 4.4mm to make sure you feel it secure and easily remove just fine. Stuff in one small piece first to one side, test feeling it, then if needed add another to the other side

3/ picture three. Put back the Kapton tape for electrical insulation between terminal and the aluminum chassis cover. Done

@twister6 . Great idea, but I prefer a more real fix to the problem :D

Now I understand, thanks

Apr 8, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #12,412 of 22,021
My experience has been a little weird, first the PayPal page in German. Then after paying a 404 error for the “Thank you” page. At least I got the confirmation email :beyersmile:

My AMP4s has been ordered.... I think. I had the same thing happen.

I guess the ibasso selling most of their products to the German?! :ksc75smile:

Apr 8, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #12,414 of 22,021
I'll be patient and wait for some comparisons. Hope they don't sell out until then! :fingers_crossed::confounded::fingers_crossed:

Apr 8, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #12,415 of 22,021
I'll be patient and wait for some comparisons. Hope they don't sell out until then! :fingers_crossed::confounded::fingers_crossed:

I believe Paul from iBasso mentioned it was a limited run this time. He mentioned it comparing to the amp4, which was limited to 250 units, if I recall correctly. The inference I drew from that was that the amp4s would have the same limited supply as the amp4. I will say that I hope you're able to get one when you wish, however. Good luck!

Apr 8, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #12,416 of 22,021

Compare to what ? Lol. Here I am slamming away with my SA5000. Whoever loVe trebles :wink: this is a killer trebles combos
89C41602-028D-46C3-913F-F82C332BE8A8.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #12,417 of 22,021
I believe Paul from iBasso mentioned it was a limited run this time. He mentioned it comparing to the amp4, which was limited to 250 units, if I recall correctly. The inference I drew from that was that the amp4s would have the same limited supply as the amp4. I will say that I hope you're able to get one when you wish, however. Good luck!

Compare to what ? Lol. Here I am slamming away with my SA5000. Whoever lose trebles :wink: this is a killer trebles combos

Yep there are only 250 units (20 units for Chinese buyers- correct me if I am wrong!).

Apr 8, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #12,420 of 22,021

I was one of the last people to order the original AMP4, and I remember waiting a little while for their 4.4MM adapter before doing so. It should be fine, since impressions will likely be soon. If not, then I've got AMP4 still (assuming they don't do a second production run).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back