DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 31, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #11,026 of 22,021
Probably this has been already answered but, which are the settings in Neutron Player to be able to play HD and bit perfect files? I am running current latest version

64 bit processing on
Replay Gain off

Then inside audio hardware,
Dither off
Ultrasonic filter off
Follow source frequency on

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 2:52 AM Post #11,030 of 22,021
Feb 1, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #11,031 of 22,021
I think the Apodizing linear and Min Phase(either) filters have a very interesting white papers to be read. It cuts off pre ringing which can affect transient response. Many high end dacs utilise this type of filter ( albeit more advance and built separately from the dac ) such as Ayre and Meridian. I think it sounds natural. Remind me of the naturalness of the Pono player which also uses Min phase filter by default. But thats totally IMHO

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #11,032 of 22,021
64 bit processing on
Replay Gain off

Then inside audio hardware,
Dither off
Ultrasonic filter off
Follow source frequency on
Thanks!! Should I also switch "Audio Hardware -> Generic Driver ON" ?

Feb 1, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #11,034 of 22,021
Hi guys,

I just discovered that Onkyo have a website called Onkyo music, which happens to sell lossless and even MQA files.
Apologies in advance for all those more well-informed members for whom this is total non-news :p

So I've downloaded two files; 24/192 MQA versions of a couple of Red Hot Chilli Peppers songs that I know well ("Breaking the Girl" and "The Power of Equality", for those who care).
Now.. How do I play them? haha. I've bought the files, they're not streamed and can be stored and played offline, just to be clear.

What options (if any) are available to me on the DX200 to play them? Ideally in Mango, but I'm assuming that's not yet possible, so in Android, with or without a 3rd party app?

Also I have a Mac, and I can apparently download Audionirvana plus 3 (correct name?) which can natively decode and play them.
They offer a free trial, but after that it's around $75 to buy.
I already paid for Fidelia previously, which I like, but who have now been bought by another company and whose website is showing that something new is coming, but with no updates in ages, so not sure whether to keep hanging on for that or not lol.
Slightly off-topic, I apologise, but if anyone also has any recommendations for MQA on the Mac, feel free to PM me instead of going further off-topic here :)

Feb 1, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #11,035 of 22,021
Feb 1, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #11,036 of 22,021
What options (if any) are available to me on the DX200 to play them?
You'd better avoid buying MQA, because lossless 24/192 tracks are, obviously, better, and cause no problems to playback.

Current Neutron build recognizes MQA encoded in flacs, and plays them in native sample rate. It is not true MQA decoding, but the result is better than playback in apps that are not MQA-aware.

Feb 1, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #11,037 of 22,021
The current Neutron version does not show this option on DX200 anymore.
OK, I am checking that in my Galaxy Note 8. I'll check it later on the DX200. I am assuming that the standard Neutron App detects is installed on a DX200, correct?

Feb 1, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #11,039 of 22,021
Feb 1, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #11,040 of 22,021
Hi guys,

I just discovered that Onkyo have a website called Onkyo music, which happens to sell lossless and even MQA files.
Apologies in advance for all those more well-informed members for whom this is total non-news :p

So I've downloaded two files; 24/192 MQA versions of a couple of Red Hot Chilli Peppers songs that I know well ("Breaking the Girl" and "The Power of Equality", for those who care).
Now.. How do I play them? haha. I've bought the files, they're not streamed and can be stored and played offline, just to be clear.

What options (if any) are available to me on the DX200 to play them? Ideally in Mango, but I'm assuming that's not yet possible, so in Android, with or without a 3rd party app?

Also I have a Mac, and I can apparently download Audionirvana plus 3 (correct name?) which can natively decode and play them.
They offer a free trial, but after that it's around $75 to buy.
I already paid for Fidelia previously, which I like, but who have now been bought by another company and whose website is showing that something new is coming, but with no updates in ages, so not sure whether to keep hanging on for that or not lol.
Slightly off-topic, I apologise, but if anyone also has any recommendations for MQA on the Mac, feel free to PM me instead of going further off-topic here :)

I bought one album from the Doors on this website, it was remaster and sounded like crap, completely different from the original album, waist of my money.

I still think Flac, Aiff, Wav or DSD are the best format for music, I see the MQA only useful for streaming, since it could deliver a higher resolution without the requirement of a fast internet connection.
If I have to buy music I'll stay miles away from the MQA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back