DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 24, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #10,876 of 22,021
Play/pause working everywhere, FWW working like REW, and REW doing nothing
In DX200, side buttons are implemented as voltage dividers which output is fed into ADC. Pause key shall produce 0V (tied to the ground), other keys - larger positive values. In my firmware, Pause requires exactly 0V, in official build, a small positive value is acceptable.

With your description, it looks like a hardware problem. It may be enough to reseat the flat cable in the connector on the board, but may require a re-soldering of the circuits. It can't be a firmware problem.

Jan 24, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #10,877 of 22,021
Well, I've just did the following:
1- BT .img at the beginning of the thread with "Restore" option selected
2- Then BT Lurker's FW latest version (again used the "Restore" option, just in case)
No side button working in any player being Android or Mango OS

Then I loaded over latest official FW using Android-Settings and, again, Play/pause working everywhere, FWW working like REW, and REW doing nothing.

Any other thing I should try?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Now this doesn't look like firmware issue anymore. Lurker is right. It does look like hardware issue. You might need to contact Paul on this

Jan 24, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #10,878 of 22,021
Now this doesn't look like firmware issue anymore. Lurker is right. It does look like hardware issue. You might need to contact Paul on this
Thanks Lurker, bluelavender for your help. I will contact Paul.

Jan 24, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #10,879 of 22,021
Do you try using with neutron music player?
I did but still no luck. I will try exporting from Neutron to see what structure it uses for playlists.

Jan 24, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #10,880 of 22,021
Please try a factory reset. If that does not help the issue then reload the firmware and as the last option use the Batch Tool on the 1st page. It wipes the internal memory and does a clean install of a .img FW and then update to the latest FW in the normal manner. Please let me know if the issue persists.
Did a Factory Reset. Thought it fixed it, but then I realized it doesn't have the problem until it's below 50% or something. Will drain normally, but once it's below a certain threshold, it will drain like 1% per minute (or less than 30 seconds with the screen on...).

I'll try and reload the firmware tonight.

It just got a lot worse. After it dropped to 45%, it just dipped to 0% in a manner of seconds... Sending you a PM on what to do next...

Edit: What the heck? I decided to turn it back on to see if it was really dead, and the battery is now back at 73%... It's draining 1% every 5 seconds. Leaving it plugged into the charger for now.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #10,881 of 22,021
Hi Lurker,

Just installed your DX200FirmwareV2.8.198-L0.zip and found a weird problem : I cannot go to pure Mango mode from Android , vice versa . It's the first time I had this problem since using your mod firmware for a long long time . I tried to reset default and clear cache in recovery and re-flashed your firmware several times but no luck to fix this . Back to official 2.8.198 , no such problem ; not sure if it's boot loader related or something I did wrong . Would you please advise ? Thanks in advance .

Jan 24, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #10,882 of 22,021
I cannot go to pure Mango mode from Android, vice versa
Could you please explain what do you mean: what do you do and what do you get. Also, please specify what do you use to flash the firmware: Windows/FactoryTool or Mac/rkflashtool. Better you PM me with details.

Jan 24, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #10,883 of 22,021
Could you please explain what do you mean: what do you do and what do you get. Also, please specify what do you use to flash the firmware: Windows/FactoryTool or Mac/rkflashtool. Better you PM me with details.

I used Windows Factory tool(Rockchip_FactoryTool_v1.39) to flash your DX200FirmwareV2.8.198-L0.zip , all things went normally and booted into Android mode without problem ; I long press power button to choose Mongo mode , my DX200 reboot to power-on screen and hanged . I have to long press power button to power off then press power button to power-on again and this time boot into Mango instead . Same thing happened when I tried to switch to Android from Mango . Really no idea why ...

Jan 24, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #10,885 of 22,021
Believe me...or not. The sound coming out of the DX200 is fantastic. I'm not sure what your setup is, or if you've burned the unit in...but give it time.

Jan 24, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #10,886 of 22,021
Does the sound of the dx200 change significantly because rn it sounds very very substantially worse than my oppo ha2se

what headphones are you using? which amp on DX200? how many hours do you have on DX200? what are you using as a transport to drive oppo's dac/amp?

I only familiar with HA2, haven't used it a while, but recall it being smoother, less refined, less transparent, all relative to the default amp1.

Jan 24, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #10,887 of 22,021
It just got a lot worse. After it dropped to 45%, it just dipped to 0% in a manner of seconds... Sending you a PM on what to do next...

Edit: What the heck? I decided to turn it back on to see if it was really dead, and the battery is now back at 73%... It's draining 1% every 5 seconds. Leaving it plugged into the charger for now.
Please contact me per my PM. Also you might try taking the amp off and putting it back on. Otherwise we need the DX200 sent in so we can do a complete check of the battery and circuitry.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 24, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #10,888 of 22,021
I just received my DX200 yesterday (upgraded from my DX90) and have a few questions/issues (I'm using the latest Lurker firmware):

1. The WiFi doesn’t connect in Android mode unless I hold the DX200 right next to the router, otherwise the connection strength is poor and it won't connect (I've tried on multiple networks in 2 locations). Any ideas?
2. How do you mount the internal drive in Mango OS? It only mounts my external SD card when plugged in to my Windows PC.
3. I'm using the Neutron player, but is there a way to turn off the volume fade in/out when you pause/play a track in Neutron?

The sound is fantastic so far with Amp1 and my Westone W60's (I have an Amp5 coming tomorrow). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jan 24, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #10,889 of 22,021
what headphones are you using? which amp on DX200? how many hours do you have on DX200? what are you using as a transport to drive oppo's dac/amp?

I only familiar with HA2, haven't used it a while, but recall it being smoother, less refined, less transparent, all relative to the default amp1.

Using the amp1 with CA vega and BTW I really like your reviews

Jan 24, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #10,890 of 22,021
Using the amp1 with CA vega and BTW I really like your reviews

Thanks bud!

See, the problem, even the best DAP going to sound like crap if the pair up synergy is not there. VEGAs are very picky when it comes to source pair up and eartips selection, all of which can make or break the sound. The VEGAs bass can get out of control, spilling into lower mids, muddying the sound, making it more congested, and treble can spike up around 6k, making the sound harsh (sibilant). Burn in (of DX200) helps, but to refine the sound before it reaches its maximum potential. You don't need to wait 200-300hrs to determine if it's a good or bad pair up.

Give it some more time, to let your ears and brain adjust to the sound. Perhaps this pair up is not your cup of tea (it wasn't mine either :)). Btw, what exactly don't you like about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back