DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 23, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #10,861 of 22,021
The Vegas sound real good balanced with amp 1. Amp 1 is not given enough credit in my opinion. Great amp.

AMP1 is the AMP I used when I originally reviewed DX200, still working on an AMP3 and AMP5 review, so I think it gets a lot of credit, it is an amazing AMP!

It is just that AMP5 and AMP3 are even better, hard to explain, but imagine how amazing AMP1 is, the other two are even more amazing!

Jan 23, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #10,863 of 22,021
Please try a factory reset. If that does not help the issue then reload the firmware and as the last option use the Batch Tool on the 1st page. It wipes the internal memory and does a clean install of a .img FW and then update to the latest FW in the normal manner. Please let me know if the issue persists.

Did a Factory Reset. Thought it fixed it, but then I realized it doesn't have the problem until it's below 50% or something. Will drain normally, but once it's below a certain threshold, it will drain like 1% per minute (or less than 30 seconds with the screen on...).

I'll try and reload the firmware tonight.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #10,864 of 22,021
How do you measure the temperature of a DAP with your eyes? Was it literally red-hot?
Well, literally by hand, I was afraid that I might have broken it, overreacted a bit. It was that kind of temperature when the object is very-very hot and you can barely hold it without getting hands burned :beyersmile:

Jan 23, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #10,865 of 22,021
I have a very annoying problem with my DX200. After I installed Lurker's latest FW (which I prefer mainly because of Google Play) I discovered that none of the side buttons worked at all. I reinstalled last official FW and then Play/Pause did work but FWD button did the opposite of what it's supposed to do and the REW button did nothing at all. Since then, I have tried everything: A Factory Reset, Loading the .img FW on the 1st page of this thread using the Batch Tool and then upgrading, but it's all the same, Play/Pause works, FWD works as the REW button is supposed to work and the REW button does nothing at all.
Any suggestions/ideas?

Jan 23, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #10,866 of 22,021
I have a very annoying problem with my DX200. After I installed Lurker's latest FW (which I prefer mainly because of Google Play) I discovered that none of the side buttons worked at all. I reinstalled last official FW and then Play/Pause did work but FWD button did the opposite of what it's supposed to do and the REW button did nothing at all. Since then, I have tried everything: A Factory Reset, Loading the .img FW on the 1st page of this thread using the Batch Tool and then upgrading, but it's all the same, Play/Pause works, FWD works as the REW button is supposed to work and the REW button does nothing at all.
Any suggestions/ideas?

Ok, i used to have another problems as well when installing lurker on top of several other official roms vice versa. It also happened when I install official rom on top of lurker.

What I did to solve it is to reinstall and factory reset base image from page 1 of this thread and reinstall directly latest lurker rom. Solve the issue

Jan 23, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #10,867 of 22,021
Ok, i used to have another problems as well when installing lurker on top of several other official roms vice versa. It also happened when I install official rom on top of lurker.

What I did to solve it is to reinstall and factory reset base image from page 1 of this thread and reinstall directly latest lurker rom. Solve the issue
Thanks. I will try in that order:
1- Base Image with BT.
2- Factory Reset.
3-Lurker ROM

Jan 23, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #10,869 of 22,021
The factory reset can be done together when installing base image, by choosing restore when using factory tool
OK, I was choosing "Upgrade" instead of "Restore". I'll do as you said.

Jan 24, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #10,870 of 22,021
Just brought the Neutron Music Player and under setting audio hardware there is no generic driver to turn on.

I using the latest custom firmware by lurker and install the app through play store.

Any solution to turn on generic driver?

Jan 24, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #10,871 of 22,021
Just brought the Neutron Music Player and under setting audio hardware there is no generic driver to turn on.

I using the latest custom firmware by lurker and install the app through play store.

Any solution to turn on generic driver?

Now don't need to turn on generic driver for DX200 device. It is the default setting for DX200. Other smartphones still have option to turn on.

Just turn on Follow Frequency. turn off DSD over PCM and inside DSD over PCM > there is Native DSD option to turn on

Jan 24, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #10,872 of 22,021
So awesome! Amp3 has enough juice to push the hd800s to loud levels. This pairing sounds great for me.

IMG_20180122_220541-01.jpeg

Jan 24, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #10,873 of 22,021
Has anyone figured out how to load an m3u playlist on the DX200? I haven't been able to figure out the proper formatting. I tried /mnt/media_rw/[folder name] as that's the structure I got when exporting a playlist from the device but I am unable to import with that structure. It just shows a blank playlist. Anyone have any luck?

Jan 24, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #10,874 of 22,021
Has anyone figured out how to load an m3u playlist on the DX200? I haven't been able to figure out the proper formatting. I tried /mnt/media_rw/[folder name] as that's the structure I got when exporting a playlist from the device but I am unable to import with that structure. It just shows a blank playlist. Anyone have any luck?

Do you try using with neutron music player?

Jan 24, 2018 at 6:10 AM Post #10,875 of 22,021
OK, I was choosing "Upgrade" instead of "Restore". I'll do as you said.
Well, I've just did the following:
1- BT .img at the beginning of the thread with "Restore" option selected
2- Then BT Lurker's FW latest version (again used the "Restore" option, just in case)
No side button working in any player being Android or Mango OS

Then I loaded over latest official FW using Android-Settings and, again, Play/pause working everywhere, FWW working like REW, and REW doing nothing.

Any other thing I should try?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back