DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 14, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #8,567 of 22,021
The problem is that I don't have balanced cable and I can't find one in my area. All I have is HD650s with its standard cable and I always have to use an AMP to power them. DX200 balanced out has enough power and saves me from using an AMP.

Buy upgraded cables from 3rd party vendor for your 650, you will get it :)

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #8,568 of 22,021
So there's no way of connecting dx200 to hugo2 to get pre-amplification (e.g. AMP3), and no way of connecting dx200 to hugo2 to use ESS DAC prior to using sending signal to hugo2?

No. Hugo2 is a DAC with the 'amp' integrated directly to the DAC's analogue stage. There is no seperate amp in Chord designs so it's digital input only.

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #8,569 of 22,021
I am safe to use this, right?
51BPGRfjKPL.jpg

with this adapter
71vk4zJwHvL._SL1500_.jpg

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #8,570 of 22,021
So there's no way of connecting dx200 to hugo2 to get pre-amplification (e.g. AMP3), and no way of connecting dx200 to hugo2 to use ESS DAC prior to using sending signal to hugo2?

You want to use Dx200 to output Analog , which is processed by the Dx200 and ES9028Pro chips into Hugo 2, just for the purpose of amplification ?

I do not think you have the option to do so with Hugo 2 by looking at it. There is no analog line-in. It only has Coax, Opt, USB in, and all 3 are digital signals only
IMG_1895.JPG

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #8,572 of 22,021
You want to use Dx200 to output Analog , which is processed by the Dx200 and ES9028Pro chips into Hugo 2, just for the purpose of amplification ?

I do not think you have the option to do so with Hugo 2 by looking at it. There is no analog line-in. It only has Coax, Opt, USB in, and all 3 are digital signals only

yes, hmm...i see the error in my logic... dx200 outputs analog and hugo2 does not have separate amplifier stage.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #8,575 of 22,021
The problem is that I don't have balanced cable and I can't find one in my area. All I have is HD650s with its standard cable and I always have to use an AMP to power them. DX200 balanced out has enough power and saves me from using an AMP.
If you can afford to buy get AMP2 it's SE and has ample power for your 650's, it pushes my HD600's just fine.

Sep 14, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #8,579 of 22,021
I am safe to use this, right?
51BPGRfjKPL.jpg

with this adapter
71vk4zJwHvL._SL1500_.jpg
If the adapter is wired correctly. Assuming it is the same as iBasso or AK then it would be fine but always good to check.

Sep 14, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #8,580 of 22,021
Thanks Paul.

My apologies for my sharp edges.

The thought of two months is just ..... sigh.

Anyway, should this be expected to arrive by next week?

Can we route this directly to me after being fixed?

I am afraid that if it come by the previous route, it will add again another two months resulting to four in total.

Regards

I am very sorry for the stress and frustration you have over this situation. I can totally understand. If you go back to my message where I answered you and stated that we had just received delivery from the distributor there is an edit. That is because after I posted the first part of my message I got confirmation that the package had been received and I posted that information in the same message. Most of the time I ask that product be returned directly to us. It is the only way we really have any control over what is happening but we are still at the mercy of the shipping company. But at least we can correspond with them. When a distributor ships we don't have that control. I have been totally honest with you in my correspondence. I can say it no more clearly than that. I do understand your frustration and feel bad about it. All I can add is that we now have the shipment and repairs are being made.

To ad, I would like to clarify that we have many good distributors. I do not want to leave the impression that a number of them do not do a good job. This is about working together to provide information and service as soon as possible. We do not want stress to be part of the music. Music is for enjoyment and we would like to be part of that if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back