DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 7, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #8,311 of 22,021
I'm quite sure neutron are working to support bit perfect in the future for DX200. At least that was iBasso Twitter said.

I hope they will include up to Native DSD.
We are working with Neutron for this custom fit.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 7, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #8,314 of 22,021
Just to be clear, I was referring to the Sandisk 200GB microSD card (this one: https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-200GB-Memory-SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A/dp/B00V62XBQQ). It has been flaky with some DAPs including the AR-M2, but it works well in the DX200. It is a bit cheaper than the 256GB cards, so it is now a nice alternative.
I have the same 200gb card in my DX50 I use at work, no problems and I used it in my DX200 before I got the 256gb for the DX200. All have been flawless so far

Sep 7, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #8,316 of 22,021
Just to be clear, I was referring to the Sandisk 200GB microSD card (this one: https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-200GB-Memory-SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A/dp/B00V62XBQQ). It has been flaky with some DAPs including the AR-M2, but it works well in the DX200. It is a bit cheaper than the 256GB cards, so it is now a nice alternative.

I'm using the exact same SD card in my DX200 without any issues. It sounds like you may have a bad SD card or a problem with the file system. Try reformatting the card. If that doesn't work call Sandisk and have them replace it.

Sep 7, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #8,319 of 22,021
Fair enough, the crazy thing is that DX200 is totally playing ball with Top Tier players. The nuances differences are so little, and it will mostly come down to "synergy of pairing" and the type of genres that a person preferably listen to.

Technically speaking AKm4497 is inferior to ES9028Pro. The ES9028Pro has broader Dynamic range with more power consumption and prowess in comparison. WM1Z is all Sony Proprietary for the DAC. The SP1000 utilize flimsy Ribbon cables to connect internally just like it other sibling AK380, and DX200 has it directly on board. Then you just can not swap Amp modules with SP1000 :D.

I have been a fan of Walkman since the beginning, and I love what Sony does. But I can tell you this, DX200 is ground breaking in Performances alone, and pricing is a Huge Unbelievable Bonus. I will be honest with many people here that I too was skeptical toward what Ibasso has been marketing...such as Dual Desktop Tier DAC ES9028Pro.....and 6VRms Output....hell, that is 2-3X as much as any A&K....Until James reported that Dx200 and the new Amp3 is on "par" with WM1Z, and that was when it ticked my curiosity. It turned out that he was correct, and in a sense, the DX200 does better than WM1Z. I confirmed this by connecting Dx200z+amp3 into Large stereo system and my Stax 009 system as well as my Utopia and SA5000.

Dx200 has such expansiveness in a holographical senses that is totally spherical and immersive. It is similar to Wm1Z but larger, taller, deeper. The sound signature of DX200 is very spacious and vividly energetic but no harshness on extension or treble sibilants

Wm1z has more dynamic in it timbres and resolutions, but the soundstage is more narrow, and the tonal body is warmer in comparison. This makes Wm1Z to have such Intimidating Vocal and very forward, and so vocal and string instruments also carries more emotions and soul into it. The signature of WM1Z is intimidating, Mellow and touching

The 2 players are so much toes to toes that it is crazy to think Dx200 can do such thing.

I don't know if anyone would value the ability to custom their own Play back App, but I do, and each playback app has it own DSP that slightly alternate the signature of the sound quality as well. Android used to be so closed up in regard to audio quality and 3rd party DAC, but no longer, with Android 6.0 on Dx200. The easy custom firmware that needs no "root" access to flash, or install. Then the best of all is how Ibasso Designed the Swapable amp module. The socket mechanism design makes it so that it is impossible for anyone to take out the amp-module accidentally or intentionally....

I just want to congratulate Ibasso for "achieving such ground breaking performances out of a portable player" and I personally send my appreciations toward @Paul - iBasso
@ Ibasso for leading his company and producing such Down to earth honesty in the direction of instead where everything Audiophile related would have a ridiculous "inflated" pricing which comes together with the "oh, it sound good, it has to be expensive..."...or taking advantages of the people who think "oh, it is expensive, it has to sound good", Ibasso had brought forth the product of top tier quality and full of enthusiasm in their heart to the market at such affordable price. Once again, let's just say that, thank you Ibasso!

+10 Totally agree

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #8,320 of 22,021
Why don't you install it with APKpure ?
I have the Tidal app installed already but playback is not bit perfect. I use UAPP to stream bit perfect Tidal, but if Neutron is better than UAPP and will be integrated within the stock FW then it's a more complete solution so that I use only Neutron, despite it's horrible interface.

What would then make my life complete is access to Tidal offline files from Neutron, but accessing those outside of Tidal seems impossible no matter who I ask :triportsad:

The other best option would be if the Tidal app itself allowed bit perfect playback... I contacted them about it and they supposedly forwarded to their dev team... one can dream!

Sep 7, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #8,321 of 22,021
Hi Guys,

Need some help.I received the DX200 AMP 3 today, however having some issue.
I unable to power ON my DX200 with the AMP3, it keep shutting down.
I tried back with my AMP 1, the set is working perfectly.
May I know what's the issue? Firmware issue or the AMP 3 faulty ?
I tried factory reset my DX200, However still facing the same issue.

Sep 7, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #8,322 of 22,021
Hi Guys,

Is fw 2.5 installed already in your unit? If not then try to install fw 2.5

Sep 7, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #8,324 of 22,021
Hi Guys,

I think you need a replacement on the amp card. Do not plug in and power on anymore. This seems to be hardware issue, like a short somewhere or some thing is malfunctioning inside.

I had amp3, and I did reflash my firmware to 2.1, but the only bad thing was the low hums, noises here and there. Firmware 2.5 fixed it, and but the 2.1 would work with amp3

Sep 7, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #8,325 of 22,021
I think you need a replacement on the amp card. Do not plug in and power on anymore. This seems to be hardware issue, like a short somewhere or some thing is malfunctioning inside.

I had amp3, and I did reflash my firmware to 2.1, but the only bad thing was the low hums, noises here and there. Firmware 2.5 fixed it, and but the 2.1 would work with amp3

Hi,
I have question if you know or not.
Can 2.5mm connect to 4.4 mm using an adapter, if there is any?
Or it has to be 4.4 mm first then going down to 2.5mm with adapter?
Thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back