DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 16, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #781 of 22,021
I don't care about Foobar2000 or rockbox I just want the stock player to kick ass!
I know the hardware will be great "obviously competing with fiio x7" but fiio at least from my experience is better with addressing firmware issues in the past.
Once I get my ibasso players running right then they're my go to

Jul 16, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #782 of 22,021
I don't care about Foobar2000 or rockbox I just want the stock player to kick ass!
I know the hardware will be great "obviously competing with fiio x7" but fiio at least from my experience is better with addressing firmware issues in the past.
Once I get my ibasso players running right then they're my go to

If they can make a completely error-free stock player with completely functional, smartphone-quality touchscreen, I would like that over foobar2000 too. 
However, in the past cases, they have so many issues and firmware update nearly doesn't exist. 
If a product gets so many negative reviews, they abandon projects and users. 
wink_face.gif

Jul 16, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #783 of 22,021
If they can make a completely error-free stock player with completely functional, smartphone-quality touchscreen, I would like that over foobar2000 too. 
However, in the past cases, they have so many issues and firmware update nearly doesn't exist. 
If a product gets so many negative reviews, they abandon projects and users. :wink_face:
I don't think they abandoned the users of the dx50 or dx90 (maybe dx100 idk) it just takes them a long time to get things operational.

My theory is is don't rush the release just get your work done so we don't have to be lab rats on the forums.
I'm all for communicating openly to an ibasso employee about issues I may be having. Right there shows you the company cares at least a little bit lol

Seriously speaking if ibasso or even fiio for that matter had SOLID software it would just be foolish to buy anything crazy expensive like an astell & kern

Jul 17, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #784 of 22,021
I don't think they abandoned the users of the dx50 or dx90 (maybe dx100 idk) it just takes them a long time to get things operational.

My theory is is don't rush the release just get your work done so we don't have to be lab rats on the forums.
I'm all for communicating openly to an ibasso employee about issues I may be having. Right there shows you the company cares at least a little bit lol

Seriously speaking if ibasso or even fiio for that matter had SOLID software it would just be foolish to buy anything crazy expensive like an astell & kern

I can tell you from personal experience that it's already foolish to buy stuff from astell and kern. At least their high end stuff

Jul 17, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #786 of 22,021
I read somewhere that the Pono player sounded better than the ak100ii
I wonder how the Pono matches up against the dx90?

Well it is going to be subjective as always, I personally sold DX90 and kept Pono, it was an easy decision for me, the Pono blew away the DX90 when using full size headphones such as AKG K7XX and Beyerdynamic DT1770Pro, wasn't even debatable. But there is a catch, Pono is not great with some iems due to 3 ohm output impedance, and really for iems in general I would go for another dap entirely. For fullsize headphones Pono can compete with daps in any price bracket, I've come to realize many daps have price tags that do not match their worth, in any sense of the word. DX90 was a good dap for its time, but there are many better daps available now imo, Pono is one of them. I dont rate AK's, I wouldn't be seen with one if you paid me. As always ymmv.

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #787 of 22,021
Well it is going to be subjective as always, I personally sold DX90 and kept Pono, it was an easy decision for me, the Pono blew away the DX90 when using full size headphones such as AKG K7XX and Beyerdynamic DT1770Pro, wasn't even debatable. But there is a catch, Pono is not great with some iems due to 3 ohm output impedance, and really for iems in general I would go for another dap entirely. For fullsize headphones Pono can compete with daps in any price bracket, I've come to realize many daps have price tags that do not match their worth, in any sense of the word. DX90 was a good dap for its time, but there are many better daps available now imo, Pono is one of them. I dont rate AK's, I wouldn't be seen with one if you paid me. As always ymmv.
Thanks for the info man

Jul 17, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #788 of 22,021
I can tell you from personal experience that it's already foolish to buy stuff from astell and kern. At least their high end stuff

I stay away from AK stuff simply because of the value quotient. They work fine and have a solid UI and firmware but they charge 3 times the rest for same feature set. If it was a 50% to 75% "surcharge" I might still be considering them but not 2K for a DAP with same features you can buy for $600 to $900. I have never even looked at the high end as 3K is not happening in my world. That's close to TOTL desktop territory. 

Jul 17, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #789 of 22,021
I stay away from AK stuff simply because of the value quotient. They work fine and have a solid UI and firmware but they charge 3 times the rest for same feature set. If it was a 50% to 75% "surcharge" I might still be considering them but not 2K for a DAP with same features you can buy for $600 to $900. I have never even looked at the high end as 3K is not happening in my world. That's close to TOTL desktop territory. 
Amen brother, I think 600 is the most I ever would spend on a DAP and that's pushing it. Personally I don't even like touchscreens and android OS on my player. It's to much nonsense, I just want a well implemented DAC, a sold internal amp, and excellent wiring and circuitry. Everything else comes second

Jul 17, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #791 of 22,021
Amen brother, I think 600 is the most I ever would spend on a DAP and that's pushing it. Personally I don't even like touchscreens and android OS on my player. It's to much nonsense, I just want a well implemented DAC, a sold internal amp, and excellent wiring and circuitry. Everything else comes second

Yep but also not saying AK players are not fine, just way toooooooooo pricey for the features and value. Same can be had for half or even  a bit less. I  use an X3II and that works just fine for me in th eportable world. 

Jul 17, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #792 of 22,021
Any update on dx200 feature. Will it be able to do tidal thing. :)

Jul 17, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #795 of 22,021
Can you guys do four micro SD card slots then?

There's a 256GB microSD card from Samsung now.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G7L03OS/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

If you guys implement four micro SD card slots on DX200, we can get 1TB. 

Please do four micro SD card slots inside that bottom metal cover. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back