DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 26, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #5,447 of 22,021
Had my dx200 for a few days now and absolutely love it. Have ibasso dx80, dx90 and Cayin n6.....All now redundant IMHO. My travel rig is my dx90 paired with a chord mojo, which is quite superb....But I think the dx200 has that combo beat....Will post more comprehensive impressions after more listening. Btw....Unit has been flawless with latest firmware.

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #5,448 of 22,021
The N6 is highly regarded in sq, would you say the dx90 to the mojo (presuming via coax out) is better than the n6? Therefore making the dx200 better than both?
Had my dx200 for a few days now and absolutely love it. Have ibasso dx80, dx90 and Cayin n6.....All now redundant IMHO. My travel rig is my dx90 paired with a chord mojo, which is quite superb....But I think the dx200 has that combo beat....Will post more comprehensive impressions after more listening. Btw....Unit has been flawless with latest firmware.

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #5,450 of 22,021
  Phantom clicks. What to do ?

Thoroughly clean the screen, install the latest firmware, and/or use the Batch Tool.

Quote (Paul - iBasso):
  Link for the Batch Tool to be used with the DX200. Directions for the installation the first time are not hard but must be followed for the BT to work. A Windows based computer has to be used. This can be on Mac if you have Parallels or a program that allows Windows on your Mac. If a file is in a .rar you will need to download an app to open the .rar.

Firmware:
http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX200-1.3.60-update-img-20170121.zip

Batch Tool:
http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/FactoryTool_v1.39_DX200.zip

The instructions for the use of the BT are included with the download. The BT wipes the internal memory and does a clean install of the FW. This can be handy at times when other methods of a FW update fail or if there are problems that a normal FW update does not solve.

The only time I have experienced ghost touches was with the very first firmware in Mango OS ("pure music") mode - not anymore since then.
The majority of other people who have experienced the ghost touches (which in total don't seem to be too many) got rid of them by cleaning the touchscreen.

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #5,451 of 22,021

Mar 27, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #5,454 of 22,021
Hi I'm interested in getting the DX200 since it ticks most of the boxes of what I want in my DAP which includes Tidal streaming and portability. Im currently using the NW-ZX2 and im enjoying it but am looking for an upgrade. Here I have a few questions.
1. How stable Tidal or Spotify is on this and does it support offline mode well? This is a deal breaker for me.
2. How well does the stock amp module pair up with sensitive iems such as the SE846 and the UERR. Will they hiss?
3. My other option if the DX200 is not for me will be to get a Chord Mojo to be paired with my spare iPhone 6 on airplane mode as a transport. Will this option be better than the DX200 in terms of of reliability and SQ?
4. If anyone owns a ZX2 here would you mind comparing them for me?

Thats all. Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)

Mar 27, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #5,455 of 22,021
Hi I'm interested in getting the DX200 since it ticks most of the boxes of what I want in my DAP which includes Tidal streaming and portability. Im currently using the NW-ZX2 and im enjoying it but am looking for an upgrade. Here I have a few questions.
1. How stable Tidal or Spotify is on this and does it support offline mode well? This is a deal breaker for me.
2. How well does the stock amp module pair up with sensitive iems such as the SE846 and the UERR. Will they hiss?
3. My other option if the DX200 is not for me will be to get a Chord Mojo to be paired with my spare iPhone 6 on airplane mode as a transport. Will this option be better than the DX200 in terms of of reliability and SQ?

Thats all. Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)

1. Tidal for me works flawless, streaming and offline from sd card. I don't use spotify that often and never offline.
2. Don't know. No hiss for me, but I don't use sensitive iems.
3. I personally prefer dx200 over mojo. But this is very subjective, ask the same question in the mojo tread and you will get the opposite answer :grinning:. Both are very good, with the dx200 you don't need to stack.
4. Don't know.

Mar 27, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #5,456 of 22,021
1. Tidal for me works flawless, streaming and offline from sd card. I don't use spotify that often and never offline.
2. Don't know. No hiss for me, but I don't use sensitive iems.
3. I personally prefer dx200 over mojo. But this is very subjective, ask the same question in the mojo tread and you will get the opposite answer :grinning:. Both are very good, with the dx200 you don't need to stack.
4. Don't know.

thank you so much

Mar 27, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #5,457 of 22,021

Thats all. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey, hee my answers to you :wink:

1. i dont use spotify but tidal is stable. it crashed a couple of times with latest firmware but it was when havin about 1000 songs in download queue and playing hifi, so really heavy load. but i just clicked on tidal again and it resumed the downloads, so everything was good. i listen just through tidal, nothing else as it was a dealbreaker to my purchase too and i am very happy with the device!

2. i just have the meze 99c and i dont think they are very sensitive so i dont know.

3. besides of sound signature where no one can help you as its a matter of taste, its really a question of stacked or not stacked. i love having one device. simple, clean, one charging cable and perfect sound for me.

4. cant compare, sorry

hope this helps :wink:

Mar 27, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #5,458 of 22,021

Objective pairing is flawless (low output impedance, low distortion, good crosstalk, low SNR etc.), and so is the subjective pairing.

The hiss depends on whether you're using the single-ended or balanced output (and of course also on other factors like personal sensitivity to hiss).
If you're using the single-ended output with the SE846 and are very sensitive to hearing hiss, you will hear only a tiny bit that is very close to being inexistent when you're in a quiet environment.
If you're using the balanced output with the SE846 and are very sensitive to hearing hiss, you will hear some hiss but it is not that much - for example, the Mojo you mentioned outputs slightly more hiss than the DX200 in balanced mode.

Mar 27, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #5,459 of 22,021
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back