DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 20, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #4,501 of 22,021
Hope, morning's mist rises
Bitter wind sweeps dreams aside
Again, out of stock

Feb 20, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #4,502 of 22,021
I know cost is a taboo subject on Head-fi, but not really a toss up if you consider DX200 is double the price. I'm still waiting to hear both before I decide if the DX200 is worth paying the extra for the type of sound/music I like. X5III not in UK yet & DX200 difficult to find anywhere in stock but do have both pre-ordered so looking forward to comparing as not had a dedicated DAP since having a ZX2.

it still depends on how you see value. SQ aside DX200 is more valuable to me because It has a powerful amplifier which can drive full-size headphone better than X5-3. I can go anywhere and use any headphone I want without resorting to a stack. So that value is worth a premium.

Feb 20, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #4,503 of 22,021
I know cost is a taboo subject on Head-fi, but not really a toss up if you consider DX200 is double the price. I'm still waiting to hear both before I decide if the DX200 is worth paying the extra for the type of sound/music I like. X5III not in UK yet & DX200 difficult to find anywhere in stock but do have both pre-ordered so looking forward to comparing as not had a dedicated DAP since having a ZX2.

Depends on which type of sound you like.

Sometimes is more on personal sound preference than which 1 is better.

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #4,504 of 22,021
maybe somebody reported this but...

software problems:

mango - brigthness level is backing to deafault after screen off/on
mango - fully unloaded battery is reseting card scannig results and rescan is necessery

android - adjusting sound level in mango player is comfortable and precise but in other applications like tidal, spotify it is not so precise... and by mistake you can adjust it to a full level just by one touch... it is pain for ears...

2.4 gHz WiFi working cause very gentle hiss, left channel only, independent from sound level/amp section

no discription of the digital filters in pdf instruction of player

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #4,505 of 22,021
I test hd800 (cardas cable with sdr mod and put mimimamo pad on dust cover) with 2.5 balanced port. And I find it can drive to satisfactory level. It is not same level as being with Woo amp or V281 amp. But it can make me feel no need to buy big rig.

Feb 20, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #4,506 of 22,021

software problems:

mango - fully unloaded battery is reseting card scannig results and rescan is necessery

android - adjusting sound level in mango player is comfortable and precise but in other applications like tidal, spotify it is not so precise... and by mistake you can adjust it to a full level just by one touch... it is pain for ears...

2.4 gHz WiFi working cause very gentle hiss, left channel only, independent from sound level/amp section

Same problem with 2.4 gHz Wifi :frowning2: 

But the most irritating thing is the laggy/buggy top bar on android mod. The top bar is so unresponsive.

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #4,508 of 22,021
That's right. I'm finding it really hard to get top bar rolled out. 1 out of 5 is getting successful I think.

A slow fairly firm swipe down works for me nearly 100% of the time.

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #4,510 of 22,021

software problems:

I would add another. Brihhtness on lowest setting is too high for using in a dark room. Both Mango and android.

Anyone else have 2.4GHz Wi-Fi hiss\noise?

Yes, it was mentioned here before.

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #4,511 of 22,021
I would add another. Brihhtness on lowest setting is too high for using in a dark room. Both Mango and android.
Yes, it was mentioned here before.

+1 but it's a usual issue with android devices, personnally I use a utility to dim the light (a simple overlay, you can find several similar apps).
Of course that "fix" wouldn't work in Mango mode...

Not sure this can be fixed otherwise as it's probably a hard limit from the hardware.

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #4,513 of 22,021

software problems:

The brightness issue will be fixed with a FW update. 5ghz works the best and without issue. I don't recall if the other issues have been brought up but I will give them to the software team. Thank you. Paul

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 20, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #4,514 of 22,021
  Same problem with 2.4 gHz Wifi :frowning2: 

But the most irritating thing is the laggy/buggy top bar on android mod. The top bar is so unresponsive.

Quote:
That's right. I'm finding it really hard to get top bar rolled out. 1 out of 5 is getting successful I think.

This has been reported and will be fixed.

There is no hiss when using 5ghz for WiFi.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back