DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 22, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #20,391 of 22,021
I meant polarity and legs and other meaningful things))
I think the better explanation is a good quality photo of this part of board(in red circle)

Ok, this is Amp8-EX, but don’t worry about it.

The photo show the polarity

There are 2 big capacitors in green and plum color, the TDK should go in those pads, and make sure the - does not touch the + from all 3 Capacitors. There may be a risk of them shorting out by this meaning, just make sure you are in the clear of separating - and +

** see how the black lines are almost touching the + of the plum capacitor leg ? Do not let it happen, period

6A35BB21-8AF1-4427-9AAF-E1343D0AD2E3.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #20,392 of 22,021
Ok, this is Amp8-EX, but don’t worry about it.

There are 2 big capacitors in green and plum color, the TDK should go in those pads, and make sure the - does not touch the + from all 3 Capacitors. There may be a risk of them shorting out by this meaning, just make sure you are in the clear of separating - and +

** see how the black lines are almost touching the + of the plum capacitor leg ? Do not let it happen, period
So I should solder TDK on these two pads just don't touch another legs. Without polarity.(blue is TDK)
All 3 legs on 2 theese pads should go separately.
Am i right?
mod3.jpeg

And I dont see any black line touching the + of the plum capacitor leg))

Jan 22, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #20,393 of 22,021
So I should solder TDK on these two pads just don't touch another legs. Without polarity.(blue is TDK)
All 3 legs on 2 theese pads should go separately.
Am i right?

And I dont see any black line touching the + of the plum capacitor leg))

Yes
Yes
Yes! Just almost* as an example picture of what may happen

Jan 22, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #20,395 of 22,021
Jan 22, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #20,397 of 22,021
Guys, @Whitigir , @EggofSound
reading this
upload_2019-1-23_1-57-13.png

ok
about the orange replacement I think it's the easiest to do.
But what about the 4 grey replacement? what does it mean the "tantalum is positive and not negative"? I will ask to some welder to do the work for me to avoid problem but I want to know some more information to inform me to be sure to do everything right.
Thank you.

Jan 22, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #20,398 of 22,021
Guys, @Whitigir , @EggofSound
reading this

ok
about the orange replacement I think it's the easiest to do.
But what about the 4 grey replacement? what does it mean the "tantalum is positive and not negative"? I will ask to some welder to do the work for me to avoid problem but I want to know some more information to inform me to be sure to do everything right.
Thank you.

Electrolytic capacitors have a - mark.
Tantalum capacitor polarity mark is marked with a +.
Tantalum is marked in reverse, so be careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back