DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 28, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #19,802 of 22,021
Dec 28, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #19,803 of 22,021
It’s a great card at a great price from a reliable seller. You can buy with confidence.
It's a done deal. lol. I had a couple of Slappa hard cases and HP hangers in the basket from before so I just paid for it all at once. :)

Dec 28, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #19,804 of 22,021
For the DSD conversion group I just want to report on AuI Converter. I’ve switched over completely. I can’t go back to to Xivero. It is subjective, but to my ears now XiSRC sounds muddy with defocused imaging—that is, by comparison to AuI. Xivero is still a great converter.

AuI has allowed me to go to the brick wall filter and the resulting transparency, detail, image definition, timbre, and imaging are off the charts gorgeous. It sounds—almost—like the jump from Wav to DSD.

The graininess that put me off about the DX200 was smoothed out in large measure by Fidelizer. With AuI it feels like the audio equivalent of how Apple markets “retina display.” The sonic “pixels” have become so resolved that they vanish and there is just the voice and instruments left suspended in space.

I know this is sounding overhyped, but it is that good, at least in my system—which is pretty complex. It’s hard to believe this is the same device I started with 6 months ago and how much can be done with just software. Whitigir was right, the DX200 is capable of so much.

AuI is pricey. However, it’s not unreasonable at all if you just buy the core pack and 512 converter, though you really should add in the parallel batch conversion as well.

I’m converting everything over and trying hard not to relisten to my whole library.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #19,805 of 22,021
For the DSD conversion group I just want to report on AuI Converter. I’ve switched over completely. I can’t go back to to Xivero. It is subjective, but to my ears now XiSRC sounds muddy with defocused imaging—that is, by comparison to AuI. Xivero is still a great converter.

AuI has allowed me to go to the brick wall filter and the resulting transparency, detail, image definition, timbre, and imaging are off the charts gorgeous. It sounds—almost—like the jump from Wav to DSD.

The graininess that put me off about the DX200 was smoothed out in large measure by Fidelizer. With AuI it feels like the audio equivalent of how Apple markets “retina display.” The sonic “pixels” have become so resolved that they vanish and there is just the voice and instruments left suspended in space.

I know this is sounding overhyped, but it is that good, at least in my system—which is pretty complex. It’s hard to believe this is the same device I started with 6 months ago and how much can be done with just software. Whitigir was right, the DX200 is capable of so much.

AuI is pricey. However, it’s not unreasonable at all if you just buy the core pack and 512 converter, though you really should add in the parallel batch conversion as well.

I’m converting everything over and trying hard not to relisten to my whole library.

Very nice! I will revisit AuI in the future, but conversions takes so dang long ... lol!

Dec 28, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #19,806 of 22,021
@Whitigir I posted on the DSD thread but I was wondering what do you think of AuI converter? I ended up buying it. It is definitely better than Xivero in some ways and I’m going to use both of them for different genres of music.
Can you compare the AUI converter with the one from here, which is called PCM-DSD_Converter
It is a Japanese Interface freeware, capable of converting PCM to DSD up to DSD2048.
You just simply need to put the files or folders to the empty space and change the DSD16 to DSD512. Then press the button next to the DSD512 option out of the four buttons in a row.
May you compare the outputs from both of them and express the feeling of them?

Dec 28, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #19,807 of 22,021
I'm thinking of this SD card. Is this a reliable seller and product?
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-400G...DRWMFD7VM83&psc=1&refRID=6PDRQKA3WDRWMFD7VM83

If it's good, I'm going to pull the trigger.

Thanks
Micro SD cards are reliable if it has never been removed accidentally or experienced power loss.
In my experience, even a relatively high class Micro SD, namely the Samsung Pro Plus 128GB featuring MLC, would have experienced error after any kind of accident that leads to the termination of writing in.

Dec 28, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #19,808 of 22,021
Can you compare the AUI converter with the one from here, which is called PCM-DSD_Converter
It is a Japanese Interface freeware, capable of converting PCM to DSD up to DSD2048.
You just simply need to put the files or folders to the empty space and change the DSD16 to DSD512. Then press the button next to the DSD512 option out of the four buttons in a row.
May you compare the outputs from both of them and express the feeling of them?

Augustine, thanks for pointing me to that app, but I’m a Mac/Apple guy. My intuition is that it can’t possibly compare with AuI. As I shared, to my ears, even Xivero falls behind. Xivero is a well established company with a full range of commercial products. However, the developer of AuI seems to have a singular passion for resampling and has devoted himself to achieving the pinnacle of that art/technology. I think it’s easily worth the price of the base and DSD512 module.

Dec 28, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #19,809 of 22,021
Recently, I purchased a Sandisk 400GB from Newegg with its HKD $150 discount for the first purchase. It costed me HKD $478 with free shipping to HK and the cost of each GB is HKD1.195 (USD 0.153)
The one in the link costs RMB657 (shipping to foreign country or HK needs expensive oversea shipping fee and it is not counted in the following calculation), approximately HKD 736. Thereby the cost of each GB is HKD 1.44 (USD0.185).
As long as the cost of each GB is more than HKD1.2 for a relatively low to middle class SD card, I will not consider it cheap enough to spend my money.

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #19,811 of 22,021
Augustine, thanks for pointing me to that app, but I’m a Mac/Apple guy. My intuition is that it can’t possibly compare with AuI. As I shared, to my ears, even Xivero falls behind. Xivero is a well established company with a full range of commercial products. However, the developer of AuI seems to have a singular passion for resampling and has devoted himself to achieving the pinnacle of that art/technology. I think it’s easily worth the price of the base and DSD512 module.

There are so many choices on add ons. Going into the learning curve but see the final option of:
And not sure of the difference in functionality.

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #19,812 of 22,021
Double post. Posting is acting strange right now.

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #19,813 of 22,021
There are so many choices on add ons. Going into the learning curve but see the final option of:
And not sure of the difference in functionality.

You want to choose the first one: Modula-R configuration. As far as I know the second option, Produce-RD is the full package at full price.

I ordered the same configuration you picked.

Also, if you like, try out the linear filter with “non-optimized” wide band resampling during conversion with the brick wall filter on the DX200. Everyone has different preferences, but I experimented with a whole bunch of different filter combinations, and this one was really impressive.

Dec 28, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #19,815 of 22,021
You want to choose the first one: Modula-R configuration. As far as I know the second option, Produce-RD is the full package at full price.

I ordered the same configuration you picked.

Also, if you like, try out the linear filter with “non-optimized” wide band resampling during conversion with the brick wall filter on the DX200. Everyone has different preferences, but I experimented with a whole bunch of different filter combinations, and this one was really impressive.
How long does it normally take to convert an album? I am using a MacBook pro 2018, the latest with 32gb of ram and fast CPU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back