DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 27, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #19,786 of 22,021
I managed to upgrade to Android 8.1. You know what? I made a silly mistake of pressing the on/off button
instead of the play button before connecting the USB-C cable. Thanks.
Believe me, it all happened to someone :). Anyways, the Dx200 firmware update isn’t as hard as many people thought it is. I am as blind as a bat in software And firmware, I can do it by following instructions

Dec 27, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #19,787 of 22,021
So, I've upgraded to Oreo (official) with lurkers add-on. The sound is sublime with Neutron (configured as per lurkers page) however I'd like to use the line out in my car and it seems it doesn't work? When I go pre-Oreo it seems to work fine but on Oreo it doesn't. I've checked Settings and various areas with no luck ... any ideas?

Dec 27, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #19,788 of 22,021
I use this to transfer music from my mac to the DX200. Funny thing happened recently though. In the past, I was able to transfer a group of songs over by selecting more than one but for some reason, my Mac is not allowing me to transfer multiple songs at once so I have to do them one song at a time. Not a big deal but I wonder if it's just another one of those evil Apple ideas to make things less convenient for non-Apple product owners.
Kudos to your patience for you not considering that a big deal lol, I'd be annoyed if I had to transfer one song at a time!

I haven't had that issue, but in the past few weeks I've opted to transfer directly via the MicroSD card instead since I think I get a faster transfer speed and it's more reliable. Bought this adapter and it's worked great.

Dec 27, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #19,789 of 22,021
So I've finally installed lurker update!

Dec 27, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #19,790 of 22,021
What's next, fedelizer?

Dec 27, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #19,793 of 22,021
@Whitigir I posted on the DSD thread but I was wondering what do you think of AuI converter? I ended up buying it. It is definitely better than Xivero in some ways and I’m going to use both of them for different genres of music.

Yes, both are excellent converter. The AuI is harder to work around, and more expensive. I agree with most everything you mentioned about the timbres and more focused dynamic on the AUI while the Xivero is more into depth and width as I did comparison from it free trial. I opted for Xivero because I too am a fan of soundstage more, and it also is 10x cheaper :D. Your call is correct on using AUI for instruments and classical for sure

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #19,794 of 22,021
Yes, both are excellent converter. The AuI is harder to work around, and more expensive. I agree with most everything you mentioned about the timbres and more focused dynamic on the AUI while the Xivero is more into depth and width as I did comparison from it free trial. I opted for Xivero because I too am a fan of soundstage more, and it also is 10x cheaper :D. Your call is correct on using AUI for instruments and classical for sure

I like both too. I did a bunch of tests and found that if I run AuI using the non-optimized wide resampling option it improves the soundstage dimensions. For me, it’s a happy medium between AuI and XiSRC.

Dec 27, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #19,795 of 22,021
I like both too. I did a bunch of tests and found that if I run AuI using the non-optimized wide resampling option it improves the soundstage dimensions. For me, it’s a happy medium between AuI and XiSRC.

Yeah, isn’t it crazy ? Not only Converters, but even your playback apps will heavily influence the sound performances too.

It is yet another reason to love Dx200, we have the continuously support from Ibasso on firmware releases, roll back if you wanted to, and also @Lurker0 or @WindowsX fidelizers, then that Google store with whatever you already purchased ?

The practicality of dx200 and the supports from Ibasso and enthusiasts are mind blowing. I can not think of any other platform that can have even close to this. Lately I see A&K is supporting over this forum as well, and other Chinese companies as well. But I wouldn’t be wrong if I say both Ibasso and Fiio is paving the ways, and with Ibasso slightly better and leading ahead of many.

I am disappointed at Sony for keeping on releasing expensive devices, and yet...forum support and online supports are extinct

Dec 27, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #19,797 of 22,021
Dec 27, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #19,798 of 22,021
Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #19,799 of 22,021
IMG_20181228_094808.jpg

Portable Bliss!!!

Dec 27, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #19,800 of 22,021
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back