DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 3, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #18,016 of 22,021
Wow. This Fidelizer thing is audibly better than the original 8.1.
Better dynamics, timbre and clarity on Amp8.
Can't stop listening...

I'm glad to hear you like it and happy listening. :)

When will it cost money to get though ?

There's free version that doesn't cost money to get one. I also have paid version for more optimizations for specific hardware design.

Depends on the money and the difference from luker's 8.1 version. I don't expect Fidelizer and lurker releases to be far off as the 6.1 versions weren't.

@WindowsX - is this 8.1 beta you published based on Fidelizer Free or Fidelizer Plus (more improvements) ?

It's based on free version. There's also Enhanced and Advanced ROM version for my customers too. I spent all day and night working on ROM modification on Oreo update from scratch and made it this soon because there's client waiting for it and I can put my full time effort for their paid services. :)

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #18,017 of 22,021
Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #18,018 of 22,021
I've read extensive reviews on capacitors and best is purely opinion not fact.

And you read which has another fact that you didn't listen to what they said with your own ears, let alone hearing caps in my mod with your own ears.

Fact is I used caps with better specifications and upgraded opamps and clock module as well with soft mute circuit bypass for pure sound quality. Maybe you can read these too. :)

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/tag/ultimate-mod/

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 4:17 AM Post #18,019 of 22,021
Hmmm I tried again with the older (mid 2015) MacBookPro 15 (running Mojave) but I have the same odd message that says "Found one MASKROM device" instead of "Found one LOADER device".
I find it strange that I am the only one with the issue, now I have to try with a PC when I can get my hand on one...

Maskrom mode(AKA DFU mode) is used to flash boot loader to boot media(used to be eMMC, SPI, Nand, SD card etc) over Rockusb Protocol.
When SoC boot up, The boot rom will read firmware from boot media(used to be eMMC, SPI, Nand, SD card etc). The boot rom automatically go to maskrom mode when it can not read anything from boot media or boot loader corrupted. In maskrom mode, The boot rom will talk to host PC with Rockusb Protocol over USB cable.
The maskrom key in hardware design just short the clock of boot media to ground. Which make boot rom can't read firmware from boot media. Three step to enter maskrom mode with maskrom key. If you don't have a maskrom key on your board. Just replace the maskrom key with "short the clock of boot media to ground".
  1. Long press MASKROM key(no release). This step short the clock of boot media to ground which will make boot rom can not read any thing from boot media. Please refer to here for the MASKROM key on Kylin board.
  2. Short press reboot key and release reboot key. This step trig SoC reboot.
  3. Count 3 second, release MASKROM key. This step is to make sure boot rom have go though all the boot media and failed. Then it automatically go to maskrom mode.

After reading this I wonder if the issue is not that I pressed the play key for a bit too long entering MASKROM mode instead of LOADER...

Edit : Nope, that's not it :frowning2:
I am dropping the ball

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #18,023 of 22,021
It is not a problem of user but the settings of your Windows.
1. Switch your Windows user to admin (or run the Tool as admin)
2. If it doesn't help disable any anytvirus software for 1h - it may be blocking access to "new/unknown" software.
U can download them in ibasso website in download section “Oreo” file size 1kb but contains the update.img and the tools!
Download went successfully this time. Thanks for the tips.:beyersmile:

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #18,024 of 22,021
Well after the issues I was having trying to install the 8.01 I have finally managed to get an installation.

Oct 3, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #18,028 of 22,021
And you read which has another fact that you didn't listen to what they said with your own ears, let alone hearing caps in my mod with your own ears.

Fact is I used caps with better specifications and upgraded opamps and clock module as well with soft mute circuit bypass for pure sound quality. Maybe you can read these too. :)

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/tag/ultimate-mod/

Whatever you did..dude its awesome!! IMHO definitely improvements over stock oreo..soundstage is larger, everything sounds more clearer. Love it!!..more testing

Oct 3, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #18,029 of 22,021
Seeing the enormous improvement on Oreo over the Marshmallow builds is great.
But I do need the Google Play for Neutron and all the other stuffs without using the Yalp Store.
I think I will stay at Marshmallow before lurker's build comes out.
Since DX90, I have been always loving lurker's build of firmwares and iBasso's builds of hardwares!

Oct 3, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #18,030 of 22,021
Any Leonidas II comparison to an 8-wire EA cable like Thor silver II? How does soundstage, bass, and clarity compare to the 8-wire?

Seeing the enormous improvement on Oreo over the Marshmallow builds is great.
But I do need the Google Play for Neutron and all the other stuffs without using the Yalp Store.
I think I will stay at Marshmallow before lurker's build comes out.
Since DX90, I have been always loving lurker's build of firmwares and iBasso's builds of hardwares!

+1 Agreed. I always love streaming musics. :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back