DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 21, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #17,551 of 22,021
Does anyone else that has the Ti notice the volume wheel isn't that smooth? It seems to get hung up a little at the same point as it turns. It's not a huge deal. Just curious.

Sep 21, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #17,553 of 22,021
Common for every Ti. It gets smoother overtime :)
Thanks buddy! That's what I figured. I guess I will just need to spend some more time with it and "break it in." :L3000:

Sep 21, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #17,554 of 22,021
Proof of Dx200 that is doing 768KHz. Oh, remember it was released about 2 years ago ?
36705D18-8B81-4AC0-9337-A83C178607F2.jpeg

Sep 21, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #17,555 of 22,021
Proof of Dx200 that is doing 768KHz. Oh, remember it was released about 2 years ago ?

LoL how did you get that up to 768

Anyways Ibasso is about to release dx300 so it will not do floore noise and will also beat all dx200ti haha nananaaa.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #17,556 of 22,021

While I am at this. I had compared the 768KHz vs DSD512 performances of the same track which was Upsampled and Upscaled by Xivero and AUI converter. Well, I have not used AUI for converting my DSD512 yet, so let’s not talk about that here. The Xivero doesn’t allow upsampling pcm 768KHz, so I had to try auiconverter.

Anyways, 768KHz also takes upto 1.5Gb per track, the same as DSD512. How did it perform ? Well, not to what I expected, it is slightly worsen than the regular and original 16/44.1 files. So, once again, I am loving DSD512, and it is upsampled from 16/44.1 by Xivero, playing back on Dx200 is freaking awesome

Sep 21, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #17,557 of 22,021
LoL how did you get that up to 768

Anyways Ibasso is about to release dx300 so it will not do floore noise and will also beat all dx200ti haha nananaaa.

Floor noises is different than what you encountered. What you encountered is Hiss ! I hope you read those posts I explained to you ?

Dx300 isn’t going to be anytime soon as Paul confirmed it a few months back. It will be a long wait if you want to wait

Sep 21, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #17,559 of 22,021
The volume wheel of my DX200TI is getting smoother after the repair services week ago.
Are you in the US? I don't think it's worth sending in for service. It's a hassle from here.

Sep 21, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #17,560 of 22,021
Am I the only one that watches movies on the DX200 during trips in train? Why should we only listen to music, when we can enjoy even the audio of a good movie?

Oh yes, I also love doing that :)

Although, I also use a Tablet for this sometimes, and instead of movies, while on-the-go, I often go for music videos, though this is indeed quite magical :)

Sep 21, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #17,561 of 22,021
Does anyone else that has the Ti notice the volume wheel isn't that smooth? It seems to get hung up a little at the same point as it turns. It's not a huge deal. Just curious.
If you have the CA02 adapter you can use one of the spacers provided with it. Remove the two screws holding the volume wheel guard, then lift the guard away and the volume wheel. Place the spacer over the volume wheel spindle and replace it and then the guard. Works like it was designed for just that purpose :smile_phones:

Sep 21, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #17,562 of 22,021
Are you in the US? I don't think it's worth sending in for service. It's a hassle from here.
You can just turn some screws, from what @twister6 posted on him dissecting the Dx200, the volume wheel can be taken off without breaking the warranty sticker seal. Takeoff the wheels, and then using some very fine sand paper, sand it down, clean it up, and test fit, until satisfied, put it back together :D.

But it doesn’t matter to me, not like I need to do it as it improve sound quality 0_0....I am horrible for saying that. Anyways, that is also who I am, I love modifying and tinkering, but I don’t do stuff that is unnecessary....for example, fixing the volume knob :D. Also mean that, by modifying, it has to have observable improvements, otherwise it is back to stock :D

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #17,563 of 22,021
If you have the CA02 adapter you can use one of the spacers provided with it. Remove the two screws holding the volume wheel guard, then lift the guard away and the volume wheel. Place the spacer over the volume wheel spindle and replace it and then the guard. Works like it was designed for just that purpose :smile_phones:
You can just turn some screws, from what @twister6 posted on him dissecting the Dx200, the volume wheel can be taken off without breaking the warranty sticker seal. Takeoff the wheels, and then using some very fine sand paper, sand it down, clean it up, and test fit, until satisfied, put it back together :D.

But it doesn’t matter to me, not like I need to do it as it improve sound quality 0_0....I am horrible for saying that. Anyways, that is also who I am, I love modifying and tinkering, but I don’t do stuff that is unnecessary....for example, fixing the volume knob :D

Both good ideas.... Thanks! I'll give it some time and if it doesn't get better I'll try these ideas. There may just be a small high point on the back and that is getting hung up.

Sep 21, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #17,564 of 22,021
Both good ideas.... Thanks! I'll give it some time and if it doesn't get better I'll try these ideas. There may just be a small high point on the back and that is getting hung up.
That’s what I thought with mine, I messaged @Paul - iBasso and he suggested using or making a plastic washer/spacer. Remembered I had some of the spacers and thought I’d try that first. One spacer is all you will need and it will work.
Sandpaper would be a last resort for me lol

Sep 21, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #17,565 of 22,021

But it doesn’t matter to me, not like I need to do it as it improve sound quality 0_0....I am horrible for saying that. Anyways, that is also who I am, I love modifying and tinkering, but I don’t do stuff that is unnecessary....for example, fixing the volume knob :D. Also mean that, by modifying, it has to have observable improvements, otherwise it is back to stock :D

You beat me to reply :D I used to have a similar issue with a volume wheel, loosen up those screws a bit, and problem fixed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back