DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 18, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #15,212 of 22,021
There is a huge difference in cost though. I'm sure iBasso doesn't pass on the entire shipping cost to the consumer. I know this because I've looked at shipping DHL to China with the service that iBasso uses and it is hundreds of US dollars.
Back OT - Just to give you an idea companies rarely ever pay consumer rates for shipping. We get between 50-65% off on all major couriers and we're a very small company.

I've never been so excited for a product that I'm not gonna receive or even have the chance to buy. Can't wait for your guys impressions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 18, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #15,213 of 22,021
I mean I definitely care. I just spent $1,700 in a device which I believe has imperfections. I’ll wait to see what Paul says. I know nothing about titanium or if small scratches like that are normal but to me that isn’t normal.
I feel the same as you. If I'm spending that kind of coin on a product I want it as close to flawless as humanly possible.

Jul 18, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #15,214 of 22,021
I mean I definitely care. I just spent $1,700 in a device which I believe has imperfections. I’ll wait to see what Paul says. I know nothing about titanium or if small scratches like that are normal but to me that isn’t normal.

I apologize for this. I should have put up a disclaimer regarding any small imperfections. The case is bare high grade titanium and may have small blemishes. If plated it would have been a tougher finish but would have cost even more and the titanium would have been covered. We do all we can to keep the surface free of blemishes but it will happen. Again this is my fault for not making this clear.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 18, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #15,216 of 22,021
I apologize for this. I should have put up a disclaimer regarding any small imperfections. The case is bare high grade titanium and may have small blemishes. If plated it would have been a tougher finish but would have cost even more and the titanium would have been covered. We do all we can to keep the surface free of blemishes but it will happen. Again this is my fault for not making this clear.

Appreciate the quick response. To anyone reading I’m not trying to make this seem like a bigger deal than it is. The scratches are small and are hairline/micro scratches. I was just more curious as to whether this was common with the titanium finish or if my device was actually sctached up instead.

Jul 18, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #15,217 of 22,021
Thanks to @Paul - iBasso for holding a Ti unit for me as requested early on, although I had my second thoughts I just can’t resist :champagne:

Jul 18, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #15,220 of 22,021
Installed Lurkers FW and currently downloading my AM library. Unfortunately, I haven't heard regular AMP 1 since April and last time I did it was with a Leonidas/Tia Fourte and now I'm on a Janus D/Legend X so I honestly can't even remember what it sounded like. So as far as sound comparisons go hopefully someone else will fill that void later :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back