DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 **Firmware 2.10.215**

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
  1. ZzmadzZ

Make sense. Lol. Wonder why did Paul make a decision to go discrete components for the amps at such a late stage.

alphanumerix1 likes this.
  2. artpiggo
    Good time to sell amp4s

3. AEIOU9
    If my current cables have a 3.5mm plug and I buy an adapter for a 4.4mm plug would that kill the benefit of an amp with a 4.4mm terminal?

Also, any recommendations for 3.5mm to 4.4mm adapters?

4. AllNight
    AMP3 and AMP5, descriptions on iBasso.com.

At this point I would consider anything else to be out of reach for the average consumer looking to order via "add to cart" on the Internet... unless this changes, but we've been promised availability earlier this year and those deadlines came and went, so anything iBasso says or markets is not reliable. They will have to work to change this if they want to re-establish reliability and good relations with their customers. There have been some people who have been "lucky" in getting AMP4 and AMP4s who have been disparaging to customers (like me) who complain, and that certainly doesn't help things.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    HungryPanda, Mike-WI and Jimmyf1312 like this.
  5. artpiggo
    You cant do that. And there is no such adapter neither.

6. AEIOU9
    Did a quick search after your post, seems that has to do with the different circuitry behind a balanced cable setup and a single ended set up?

7. jasonho
  8. twister6 Contributor
    If you have an aftermarket cable, better reterminate it to 2.5mm BAL and get 3.5mm and 4.4mm converters. As it was mentioned already, you can't convert single ended to balanced, it's not possible.

9. twister6 Contributor
  10. bahamot
    I'll get DX150/DX200 just for the Amp8.

11. Mike-WI
    Thanks.
    I looked there and saw prior posts and Facebook notice.

If I can draft a quick (incomplete) comparison table in a few minutes, seems like the company could spend an hour doing it and update over time.

upload_2018-5-27_22-56-10.png

chaotic_angel likes this.
  12. CalvinW
    What are the advantages of discrete components, if any?

13. alphanumerix1
    Inb4 limited release amp8

14. Mike-WI
    It seems to defeat the purpose of owning a modular DAP if the DAP amps are "limited release".
    It limits the ability to actually utilize that functionality.

Anyway more completed incomplete notes on iBasso amps...

upload_2018-5-28_0-10-50.png

15. Paul - iBasso
    AMP8 will not be a limited run.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/