DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 21, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #13,576 of 22,021
http://ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX200FW2.9.209OTA.zip just released , Master Luker will be busy again :)

Improvements with this firmware:
1. A new bootup video has been added.
2. Bluetooth DAC+AMP feature has been added that allows the DX200 to receive audio streaming from smartphones and other devices capable of streaming using Bluetooth.(Android OS)
3. When using SPDIF output and there is a format that can not be played, such as DSD128, the player will stop playing and there will be a pop-up window that shows the playback has stopped. (Android OS)
4. Rectified the bug that the digital filter reverted to default after reboot. (Android OS)
5. Rectified the bug that when there are more than one cue in a folder, the tracks of the albums were not sorted by album. (Android OS)
6. Recified the bug that when playing DSD ISO and the EQ was enabled, noise was generated. (Android OS)
7. Rectified the bug that under Genre view, when coming back from the third level of view to the second level of view (artist), and entering the third level of view again, there was nothing displayed.(Mango OS)
8. Rectified the bug that the first time playing DSD, or the first time switching from PCM to DSD after powering on, there was noise. (Android OS)

May 21, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #13,577 of 22,021
http://ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX200FW2.9.209OTA.zip just released , Master Luker will be busy again :)

Improvements with this firmware:
1. A new bootup video has been added.
2. Bluetooth DAC+AMP feature has been added that allows the DX200 to receive audio streaming from smartphones and other devices capable of streaming using Bluetooth.(Android OS)
3. When using SPDIF output and there is a format that can not be played, such as DSD128, the player will stop playing and there will be a pop-up window that shows the playback has stopped. (Android OS)
4. Rectified the bug that the digital filter reverted to default after reboot. (Android OS)
5. Rectified the bug that when there are more than one cue in a folder, the tracks of the albums were not sorted by album. (Android OS)
6. Recified the bug that when playing DSD ISO and the EQ was enabled, noise was generated. (Android OS)
7. Rectified the bug that under Genre view, when coming back from the third level of view to the second level of view (artist), and entering the third level of view again, there was nothing displayed.(Mango OS)
8. Rectified the bug that the first time playing DSD, or the first time switching from PCM to DSD after powering on, there was noise. (Android OS)

Hello! The link seems to be not working.

May 21, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #13,579 of 22,021
Hello! The link seems to be not working.

try to start from the download section
http://www.ibasso.com/down.php

It's definitely there...

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 1.33.06 PM.png

May 21, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #13,582 of 22,021
May 21, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #13,589 of 22,021
If you take Xelento and Faclon-C, they are quite complementary, would give a good insight on what everything is :)

I wrote a little about each :)

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2018/04/Dunu-Falcon-C-Clear-Vivid-Personal.html

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2017/11/Xelento-Elegance-Enthusiasm-Euphoria.html
Thanks for the reviews! I'll try Xelento, but not sure about Falcon-C - I have XBA-Z5 and want to look more into some armature ears now, Xelento in this class seems more promising.

Well, if you'd like to start off more cheaply, I personally listen to the DX200 with iBasso's own IT03 hybrid IEM's ($269). I think they have huge soundstage, excellent layering, separation and clarity. Detailed, but still with some warmth and musicality.
The Empire Ears Bravado has been garnering a lot of praise and sounds like it could fit your requirements.
I haven't yet heard the IMR R1, but that could be an especially good start too, because it has, by all accounts, all the sound qualities you're looking for.
However, importantly, it's also customisable in that it has 5 screw-in filters. You can choose whichever one you want, swap them over (takes a few seconds) with different genres etc.
I recommend this because figuring out what sound signature you like best personally is a huge part of the audiophile journey, and this one IEM gives you the options to start doing that without buying several different ones :)
Myself, the conclusion I've come to is that I like one kind of sound signature for most kinds of music, and a warmer, more organic and bass-heavy signature for rock :)
The problem is that.. I want to continue (I have AK70MKI + XBA-Z5) expensive as I have some prejudice that sometimes price leads to higher quality. By "Newbie in HiFi" I meant that I heard too few products and don't have rich experience with DAPs and ears. Neither I have clear picture what sound I like the most - I think that I want referenced clear and transparent sound with some body and air. So far I'm considering A&Ultima SP1000 but just can't miss DX200 as I read a lot of very positive feedback about it and it seems to deliver what I'm looking for. On another hand I have some doubts that SP1000 really worth to cost that much and (if it is really the best DAP on the market) I don't want to loose all the fun I can have trying different players and finding the best combo. I'm gonna spend some time auditioning DX200 with best ears combination from this thread to understand if I can move to it from set for a while to move on to next player next year.

What kind of music do you listen to mostly?
Jazz (mostly bop and vocal), blues, rock (classic, hard, progressive and alternative) and pop. Maybe some classics in the future

May 21, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #13,590 of 22,021
The bluetooth DAC/AMP function is nice. I tried and it works as should be. But it is lossy streaming, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back