DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 23, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #17,601 of 22,021
But you would have loved LX due to nearly zero hissing, no matter what DAP/source I tried :wink:

Woaaa....I will keep this in mind for whenever I need to shop for iem

So funny you think I didnt try lol.
It did hiss same way as phantoms and zeus did also!:deadhorse:

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #17,603 of 22,021
I think Alex mentioned that it would hiss with everybody DAP in his arsenal. If I recall correctly, SP1000SS/CU and WM1Z :D

By the way @NaiveSound said it dont hiss with hes wm1z.

I am not sold on a&k daps, no 4.4mm output boo.

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #17,604 of 22,021
My dx200 difficult/takes time to turn it on after waking up in the morning! Is it a bug or something wrong with my dx200?
I have trouble turning mine on after charging whilst in mango mode

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #17,605 of 22,021
This AMP7 is quite impressive with my full size headphones. I think I am going to need to get some new cables for them with 4.4 so that I can move around the home with them on the DX200. Not looking so much for changing the sound too much but more for the convenience of a small connector instead of the huge two 3-pin xlr with adaptor to 6.5 and then another adaptor to 3.5, 4.4 or 2.5. Might get some of the DIY guys locally around here to get them made up for me.

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #17,606 of 22,021
So funny you think I didnt try lol.
It did hiss same way as phantoms and zeus did also!:deadhorse:

Are you saying Legend X has hissing?!? There is NO hissing using Legend X with either DX200Ti/DX200 w/AMP8, SP1000 SS, WM1Z, or original LPG.

If you tested yourself LX with either DX200/SPK/WM1Z/LPG and hear a hiss, there is something wrong with either your DAPs or the IEM. LX is a basshead tuned monitor, not for everyone, and I personally have to knock a few dBs down around 60Hz to make it more enjoyable to my ears, but it doesn't hiss, unless you have super-bionic ears :wink:

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #17,607 of 22,021
Are you saying Legend X has hissing?!? There is NO hissing using Legend X with either DX200Ti/DX200 w/AMP8, SP1000 SS, WM1Z, or original LPG.

If you tested yourself LX with either DX200/SPK/WM1Z/LPG and hear a hiss, there is something wrong with either your DAPs or the IEM. LX is a basshead tuned monitor, not for everyone, and I personally have to knock a few dBs down around 60Hz to make it more enjoyable to my ears, but it doesn't hiss, unless you have super-bionic ears :wink:

I swear it hissed. I did try with 3x different phantoms and 2x LX. Also zeus they all did hiss with dx200. Though my unit did have issues turns out and its at ibasso right now. Awaiting results shipping to china seems a bit longer then ussual.

Sep 23, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #17,609 of 22,021
I swear it hissed. I did try with 3x different phantoms and 2x LX. Also zeus they all did hiss with dx200. Though my unit did have issues turns out and its at ibasso right now. Awaiting results shipping to china seems a bit longer then ussual.

I had the LX and there was zero hiss on the DX200...as a matter of fact, so far none of my IEM's have hissed at all. I've used every single AMP module and countless IEM's with the unit over the last 4 months preparing for my review of the AMP7 and AMP8 modules. This thing is a monster that can take everything I've thrown at it...from regular crappy mp3's to @Whitigir 's DSD512's.

You just stated that you had an issue with your unit and it's being sent to iBasso for service...had it crossed your mind that THAT was the reason you hear hissing in all these IEM's?

Sep 23, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #17,610 of 22,021
I had the LX and there was zero hiss on the DX200...as a matter of fact, so far none of my IEM's have hissed at all. I've used every single AMP module and countless IEM's with the unit over the last 4 months preparing for my review of the AMP7 and AMP8 modules. This thing is a monster that can take everything I've thrown at it...from regular crappy mp3's to @Whitigir 's DSD512's.

You just stated that you had an issue with your unit and it's being sent to iBasso for service...had it crossed your mind that THAT was the reason you hear hissing in all these IEM's?

Yes but It to took time before I had to send it. Thought I wasnt 100% sure thats why, cause some folks do hear the hiss too on different dx200 even I know one guy has a ti same iem and he claims same issue as me soo....
I sent my unit cause of more severe issue and its all going to be checked in one shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back