DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 22, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #17,586 of 22,021
I am so enjoying my DX200 since getting it about three weeks ago. This is my very first DAP. I just moved up to the AMP3 from the stock and notice more air and body and many other goodness. I'm itching to move up to the AMP7 but I want to experience more with the AMP3 first so that I can hear the differences that the 7 brings. But I guess it also means that I will be comparing the AMP3 in balanced to unbalanced with the AMP7?

And this is only with the iBasso IT03, which is an amazing IEM for it's price. I have it with the iBasso CB14 cable. I am waiting for my first CIEM, 64 Audio N8.

Nice will you have your n8 custom? did you compared them with ee legend X?
Also I think balanced is way better, more vrms and more dynamics, overall it sounds just better.

Sep 22, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #17,587 of 22,021
Nice will you have your n8 custom? did you compared them with ee legend X?
Also I think balanced is way better, more vrms and more dynamics, overall it sounds just better.
The N8 is not offered as a universal at all. Only available as a custom. I read Twister's review on the N8 and he compared it to the LX. I would have to agree with his comment, if I recall correctly that the bass on the LX was a little too much. Present too often. And the price difference too when to my ears, it wasn't better overall. All the rage about the LX though, I couldn't stop wondering about it. Don't get me wrong though, it is a great IEM but the more I listened to it after testing many more, it didn't stand out as much as it did to me at the beginning of my search.

In my limited experience with balanced so far, I agree with you on your comments on balanced.

Still on my first full day with AMP7.

Sep 23, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #17,588 of 22,021
The N8 is not offered as a universal at all. Only available as a custom. I read Twister's review on the N8 and he compared it to the LX. I would have to agree with his comment, if I recall correctly that the bass on the LX was a little too much. Present too often. And the price difference too when to my ears, it wasn't better overall. All the rage about the LX though, I couldn't stop wondering about it. Don't get me wrong though, it is a great IEM but the more I listened to it after testing many more, it didn't stand out as much as it did to me at the beginning of my search.

In my limited experience with balanced so far, I agree with you on your comments on balanced.

Still on my first full day with AMP7.

I my self didnt got sold on the ee LX true it had such a huge hype hehe. I do love the phantom so much, I actually didnt like the DD driver funny but I just didnt bite onto it... The way phantom goes is so different I love it.
But yea my dx200 is in tha shop now I got nothing to listen atm its soo darn long man.

Sep 23, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #17,592 of 22,021
Standard DX200 with amp8 sounds very good too
Couldn’t agree more, while my 200 was in for repair I dug out my old DX80, it kept me going but just couldn’t get me to that big grin on my face like the 208 can lol
Plan was to sell my standard 200, but now I’m leaning towards keeping it as a back up. I put Ti Amp 1 in it last night, only had a brief listen but pretty impressive. What I really want to try is using the line out into my HiFi which I might do shortly. I have to go out so it’ll be a quick test and more later. :smile_phones:

Sep 23, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #17,593 of 22,021
Has anyone ever tried pairing the AMP8 with the Hifiman HE6? Just wondering if it is capable since it is one of the most difficult headphones to drive in the commercial market. I am going to try pairing the HE6 with AMP7. If it can do it, then I will consider getting a 4.4 cable for it to pair with the AMP8.

Sep 23, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #17,594 of 22,021
I also enjoy very much DX200TI/ amp8 with Angie II via PW-05. They are the best combination so far to my ears. :smile_phones:

The same here, Ti + amp8 with Filter#1 setting (to bring subs a little lower) is my favorite pair up now, just like with a regular 200+amp8.

Sep 23, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #17,595 of 22,021
I my self didnt got sold on the ee LX true it had such a huge hype hehe. I do love the phantom so much, I actually didnt like the DD driver funny but I just didnt bite onto it... The way phantom goes is so different I love it.
But yea my dx200 is in tha shop now I got nothing to listen atm its soo darn long man.

But you would have loved LX due to nearly zero hissing, no matter what DAP/source I tried :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back