DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 20, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #17,522 of 22,021
Dx200 and Hd800S don’t hiss either, did it ? No

Hissing, again ...let m pull that post for u

Yea but come on lol I dont buy dx200 to listen with hd800s thats none sense to me.

A dap is for iems and low impedance headphones. Dx200 should not hiss or flore noise. My Lg v30 has no noise floore why?

Sep 20, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #17,523 of 22,021
Yea but come on lol I dont buy dx200 to listen with hd800s thats none sense to me.

A dap is for iems and low impedance headphones. Dx200 should not hiss or flore noise. My Lg v30 has no noise floore why?

Hey hugo2 dont hiss I tried it 0 absolutely 0 like my hdv

Not all DAP / devices hisses with Phantom, and nothing is immune from this problem. Stick with what you know that doesn’t hiss with your Phantom, or give up your Phantom and buy something else that doesn’t hiss.

Dx200 does not hiss with Hd800s, and it doesn’t mean only Hd800s is usable with it.

Also, one combination of Phantom + dx200 May hiss, and another of the same combination Phantom + Dx200 May not hiss

Again, this is the problem of impedance mismatches from the IEMs multi driver to the cross over pcb to the imepedance output of the device, and the frequency respond. It is very complicated and engineering has not had any solid proof or evidences or reason as why it would. All that we, the enthusiast know, and the engineers know, is that as explained above

Highly sensitive Multi-drivers will prone to hiss more than a higher impedance multi-drivers, single drivers are not plagued by this problem

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #17,524 of 22,021
Not all DAP / devices hisses with Phantom, and nothing is immune from this problem. Stick with what you know that doesn’t hiss with your Phantom, or give up your Phantom and buy something else that doesn’t hiss.

Dx200 does not hiss with Hd800s, and it doesn’t mean only Hd800s is usable with it.

Also, one combination of Phantom + dx200 May hiss, and another of the same combination Phantom + Dx200 May not hiss

Fabulous but I will not give my phantoms sorry.
And will have to continue searching unfortunately.

Sep 20, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #17,526 of 22,021
I am telling you, buy DMP-Z1. I said it before, more expensive doesn’t mean it will not hiss. But as expensive as DMP-Z1, your possibilities for it to hiss is much lower :D

I cant imagine if I buy it and hiss. Wow that would be the end of the world for me lol

Sep 20, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #17,527 of 22,021
I cant imagine if I buy it and hiss. Wow that would be the end of the world for me lol
You don’t know that. You drive around a lot. Stop by an authorized dealer by Sony in the US, pick it up. Listen to it, if it hisses, return it as a defect. :D. You have been confirmed and warned about LPGT hissing with Phantom, then Dx200, the question is....is it Phantom problem, or is it DAP problem ?

Regardless, there will be devices that will not hiss with Phantom, you just need to look out for it

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #17,528 of 22,021
A bit offtopic: is there any android app (music player) which is capable of recording (and showing)statistics like: total play time, most played song,play time per album, playtime per day, average play time per session etc. ? would be interesting for me.
I use Rocket Player. It records play count, skip count and you can rate songs. It allows you also to build dynamic playlists like "songs I rated high and played not so often" or "songs I haven't rated yet". The play/skip counts and ratings can be synced with iTunes using iSyncr.

Sep 20, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #17,529 of 22,021
Is anyone else having trouble with the last few builds of Tidal? It seems I'm constantly getting messages that the app has stopped responding, even when just trying to play offline files. I did a full factory reset last night, reinstalled the app and still encountered the issue multiple times. This is after a few reboots to make sure android services have synced and done anything in the background. I've also left things like logs running, batter saver off, and of course google services on.

I've been running Lurker's 2.10.195 L0 since it came out months ago, and didn't start having this problem until much more recently. Just wanted to see if I'm the only one.

Sep 20, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #17,530 of 22,021
Is anyone else having trouble with the last few builds of Tidal? It seems I'm constantly getting messages that the app has stopped responding, even when just trying to play offline files. I did a full factory reset last night, reinstalled the app and still encountered the issue multiple times. This is after a few reboots to make sure android services have synced and done anything in the background. I've also left things like logs running, batter saver off, and of course google services on.

I've been running Lurker's 2.10.195 L0 since it came out months ago, and didn't start having this problem until much more recently. Just wanted to see if I'm the only one.
Tidal is working fine for me. I do have songs cut off right in the middle and go to the next song. Try force stopping tidal then clear the cache. See if that helps.

Sep 20, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #17,531 of 22,021
You don’t know that. You drive around a lot. Stop by an authorized dealer by Sony in the US, pick it up. Listen to it, if it hisses, return it as a defect. :D. You have been confirmed and warned about LPGT hissing with Phantom, then Dx200, the question is....is it Phantom problem, or is it DAP problem ?
Regardless, there will be devices that will not hiss with Phantom, you just need to look out for it

I don't hear any hissing with the Phantom with AMP8, wonder if it's because I listen a lower volumes...

Sep 20, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #17,533 of 22,021
Slamming Amp8 and Dx200Ti now. Loving it so much :D. Discrete Amp module. The amplification stage is Transistor array based !
I just picked up a used Ti. Can't wait to try it. I also have the AMP8. What headphones are you using?

Sep 20, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #17,534 of 22,021
Slamming Amp8 and Dx200Ti now. Loving it so much :D. Discrete Amp module. The amplification stage is Transistor array based !

Your custom AMP8 or AMP8 in general?

About discrete goodness, I'll get AMP7 on monday, this should be interesting :)

Sep 20, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #17,535 of 22,021
I just picked up a used Ti. Can't wait to try it. I also have the AMP8. What headphones are you using?
Hd800S :D love this thing so so much! Congratulation ! And welcome to the club
Your custom AMP8 or AMP8 in general?

About discrete goodness, I'll get AMP7 on monday, this should be interesting :)
It is not even Amp8 anymore LOL. After re tuning the bass lines on the Amp8 and corrected the trebles a little bit, I have now further evolving it to enhance the mid-vocal-soundstage goodness of Amp8 further

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back