DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 15, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #10,698 of 22,021
hmm maybe we have different software version... anyways, problem solved by donloading a android file transfer in my mac:) thanks for your help buddy!

There is also an app called Commander One that can access android phones/players.
It has a better interface, it’s woth trying it out.

https://mac.eltima.com/file-manager.html

Jan 16, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #10,699 of 22,021
hi everyone, today when i tried out the DX200, i noticed some things about it:

1) it sorts japanese text as chinese text so it messes my library up.
2) really big buttons when browsing album (i need to scroll a lot), and the album art reloads everytime i browse by album and it loads quite slowly.
3) i hear clicks sometimes when turning the volume wheel.

Has iBasso said anything about these things/planning to make changes?

also, is play store included now?

And what should i know about the custom firmware?

should i get AMP3 too if i plan on only using 2.5mm?

Anyway, it sounds really good. it makes my dp-x1 sound dull and flat :xf_eek: cannot beat dp-x1 in ui however. DX200 is also more fatiguing.

thank you~

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #10,700 of 22,021
Well what firmware are you on? When did this start?

Jan 16, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #10,701 of 22,021
Well what firmware are you on? When did this start?

oh... sorry i think i did not make it clear... it was demo unit. if you are referring to click it might be just demo unit but i was just wondering if the normal units have them. click is not heard through earphones btw (i heard it with no earphone plugged in)

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #10,702 of 22,021
oh... sorry i think i did not make it clear... it was demo unit. if you are referring to click it might be just demo unit but i was just wondering if the normal units have them. click is not heard through earphones btw (i heard it with no earphone plugged in)

Hi there, no it's not normal at all.

Jan 16, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #10,704 of 22,021
ahh... i see.
thank you for clarifying for me. I will be sure to check my unit for such clicks when it arrives!

No problem! :)

Once you get the unit, update the firmware and you'll be good to go. We'll help you out here if you run into any problems.

Jan 16, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #10,705 of 22,021
Hi guys, wonder if anyone can help me out?
I always use my DX200 in pure Mango mode.
But suddenly now, when I try to power it on, it goes through the usual boot up procedure, but at the point when it would usually then go to the last song played, instead it powers down as if I'd held down the power button to switch it back off.
I tried holding down the play and power buttons simultaneously, which as I guessed, caused it to go to a kind of DOS looking boot up screen with different options.
I selected one (the second or third option from the top? can't remember exactly what it said; something like "boot from boot device") and the screen went black for a while.
Then I tried pressing both buttons again (or maybe it was just the power button) and I somehow got into Android mode.
That looked normal, so I pressed the power button again, and selected "boot to Mango".
Then the same problem occurred; it powered off as soon as it had finished switching on :frowning2:
Please help?
Just to mention, up until now, it's worked perfectly without any glitches.
I updated last week to the latest firmware.

Jan 16, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #10,706 of 22,021
hi everyone, today when i tried out the DX200, i noticed some things about it:

1) it sorts japanese text as chinese text so it messes my library up.
2) really big buttons when browsing album (i need to scroll a lot), and the album art reloads everytime i browse by album and it loads quite slowly.
3) i hear clicks sometimes when turning the volume wheel.

Has iBasso said anything about these things/planning to make changes?

also, is play store included now?

And what should i know about the custom firmware?

should i get AMP3 too if i plan on only using 2.5mm?

Anyway, it sounds really good. it makes my dp-x1 sound dull and flat :xf_eek: cannot beat dp-x1 in ui however. DX200 is also more fatiguing.

thank you~

Can you send an album to WeTransfer that does this with Japanese and Chinese characters? I will have our software guys go over this. You can use service@ibasso.com and paul@ibasso.com

On some album art a lot of CPU is used so it can be slower.

For clicks have you tried a factory reset and are you on the latest firmware?

Play store is not included but you can try Lurker's customer FW as I understand it does.

Many enjoy the AMP3 and it is optimized for balanced out. You may enjoy it very much.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 16, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #10,707 of 22,021
Hi guys, wonder if anyone can help me out?
I always use my DX200 in pure Mango mode.
But suddenly now, when I try to power it on, it goes through the usual boot up procedure, but at the point when it would usually then go to the last song played, instead it powers down as if I'd held down the power button to switch it back off.
I tried holding down the play and power buttons simultaneously, which as I guessed, caused it to go to a kind of DOS looking boot up screen with different options.
I selected one (the second or third option from the top? can't remember exactly what it said; something like "boot from boot device") and the screen went black for a while.
Then I tried pressing both buttons again (or maybe it was just the power button) and I somehow got into Android mode.
That looked normal, so I pressed the power button again, and selected "boot to Mango".
Then the same problem occurred; it powered off as soon as it had finished switching on :frowning2:
Please help?
Just to mention, up until now, it's worked perfectly without any glitches.
I updated last week to the latest firmware.

UPDATE:
It suddenly worked when I switched it on (in pure Mango mode).
However, first it went to a blank song screen, just saying "Ready".
So I selected to re-scan both the micro SD card and the internal drive.
Then I navigated to the directory section, where all my usual files appeared again.
I went into a folder and selected a track to play, but it brought a pop-up which said "scanning media".
Once that finished, the file played as normal.
I selected another song which played straight away, but I noticed it had a percentage counter on the screen whilst playing (like when scanning media).
I just selected another track, which is playing fine...

Any ideas what's going on? And/or what I should do?

Jan 16, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #10,708 of 22,021
UPDATE:
It suddenly worked when I switched it on (in pure Mango mode).
However, first it went to a blank song screen, just saying "Ready".
So I selected to re-scan both the micro SD card and the internal drive.
Then I navigated to the directory section, where all my usual files appeared again.
I went into a folder and selected a track to play, but it brought a pop-up which said "scanning media".
Once that finished, the file played as normal.
I selected another song which played straight away, but I noticed it had a percentage counter on the screen whilst playing (like when scanning media).
I just selected another track, which is playing fine...

Any ideas what's going on? And/or what I should do?
You can also use the Batch Tool to do a reinstall and then update to the latest FW. It is always possible to get a glitch in the software. Reloading the FW or a factory reset can help but the cleanest way is to use the Batch Tool as it wipes the internal memory clean before doing the .img FW update. The BT is on the first page.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 16, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #10,709 of 22,021
Since I got LCD i4 I am missing amp4 so much (waiting a few weeks for a balanced cable to be built...), I ordered AMP5, the collection will be complete :D

Jan 16, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #10,710 of 22,021
Can you send an album to WeTransfer that does this with Japanese and Chinese characters? I will have our software guys go over this. You can use service@ibasso.com and paul@ibasso.com

On some album art a lot of CPU is used so it can be slower.

For clicks have you tried a factory reset and are you on the latest firmware?

Play store is not included but you can try Lurker's customer FW as I understand it does.

Many enjoy the AMP3 and it is optimized for balanced out. You may enjoy it very much.

hi Paul, thanks for your reply!

sure, I will send over one as soon as possible!

as for clicks i think it might be just the faulty demo unit in the store (will inform them about it)

i see, i will definitely try his firmware

yes i hope the AMP3 will make the experience more pleasureable. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back