DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 9, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #10,397 of 22,021
I currently have my mojo on sale... it’s a good device, and definitely improves basic music players in terms of clarity and warmth of music. The DX200, in my opinion takes it up a notch in clarity, resolution, and layering, regardless of the AMP you put on it. And the fact that you don’t need a stack makes it more portable than the Mojo. I don’t regret the move....

Thank you all that replied.
Im still debating it in my mind. One thing I have noticed is the SQ is actually improved when DLNA through the Poly, using Poly with SD card as the server and the renderer. Better match probably, it should be, Chord with Chord. My simple stack is Shanling M2s to Mojo. The above beats it in SQ terms, others have noted this also.

I must say Im extremely tempted by the DX200 though. Also my old ears are not as discerning as once they were. Should i really be fussing over what are no doubt subtle differences between players at this level. Plus that well used phrase, " it's subjective"
It would be an all in one unit, thats a big plus.I
Its a hard choice, Mojo does sound damn good with Poly though, i guess ill just have travel and listen.

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #10,398 of 22,021
iBasso AMP5 Review

https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2017/12/10/ibasso-amp5/

photo_2017-12-10_10-32-46.jpg

Dec 10, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #10,403 of 22,021
I currently have my mojo on sale... it’s a good device, and definitely improves basic music players in terms of clarity and warmth of music. The DX200, in my opinion takes it up a notch in clarity, resolution, and layering, regardless of the AMP you put on it. And the fact that you don’t need a stack makes it more portable than the Mojo. I don’t regret the move....

+1 here on DX200 vs Mojo. But I'd say it's more than a marginal improvement over "basic" gear... Mojo is up there with much pricier DAC/Amps.

I wouldn't say one is better than the other in absolute terms, but to my hears regardless of the amp DX200 has the edge on Mojo on soundstage, separation and detail retrieval. On the other hand Mojo has the edge on body and weight and yes overall is warmer than DX200 (although amp2 is a close match to Mojo in terms of sig in that respect).

But yeah DX200 is so versatile and a one device stack, contrary to Mojo + Poly. The amp modules are so great you also get one device with multiple signatures, so flexible and cheaper than multiple devices.

Thank you all that replied.
Im still debating it in my mind. One thing I have noticed is the SQ is actually improved when DLNA through the Poly, using Poly with SD card as the server and the renderer. Better match probably, it should be, Chord with Chord. My simple stack is Shanling M2s to Mojo. The above beats it in SQ terms, others have noted this also.

I must say Im extremely tempted by the DX200 though. Also my old ears are not as discerning as once they were. Should i really be fussing over what are no doubt subtle differences between players at this level. Plus that well used phrase, " it's subjective". It would be an all in one unit, thats a big plus. Its a hard choice, Mojo does sound damn good with Poly though, i guess ill just have travel and listen.

If you get a listen with DX200, don't forget AMP1 is not representative of the whole system even if the underlying qualities can be found regardless of which amp you get (detailed, soundstage) the sig can vary significantly from one amp to another. If you're happy and used to Mojo you might be struck by the contrast in sig especially vs amp1. I think the sig and the form factor will be the deciding factor more than one is better than the other (I for one have kept Mojo).

Dec 11, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #10,405 of 22,021
If you get a listen with DX200, don't forget AMP1 is not representative of the whole system even if the underlying qualities can be found regardless of which amp you get (detailed, soundstage) the sig can vary significantly from one amp to another. If you're happy and used to Mojo you might be struck by the contrast in sig especially vs amp1. I think the sig and the form factor will be the deciding factor more than one is better than the other (I for one have kept Mojo).

It actually depends on which iem/headphones you are pairing it too. And from all my readings in this thread, it can be said that the AMP1 is the most neutral and arguably brighter of all the other AMP offerings that Ibasso offers. In my case, im pairing it with my LAB01 and this match up gives me lush, weighty notes with crazy details. Its prettty much very YUM...very YUM indeed

Dec 11, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #10,407 of 22,021
Anyone has the Hifiman 800 and the dx200 combo? If so, how is it?

from my RE800 review:

RE800 + iBasso DX200 (AMP1) – This is a very recommended pairing for RE800 since iBasso DX200 is the neutral master of DAPs, providing a very linear, yet musical and detailed sound. As such, it doesn't increase the bass nor the treble of RE800, but it will enhance the dynamics and textures, giving RE800 even more detail, without taking away any of the musicality they present to the listener. DX200 is also one of the best DAPs when it comes to its instrument separation, further enhancing the instrument separation of RE800. Since this is the SE version of RE800 with no removable cables, it was impossible to test DX200 + AMP3 with RE800. Commercial versions should have interchangeable cables, providing option for balanced cables as well.

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2017/10/hifiman-re800-outstanding-engaging-vivid.html

I think the pairing sounds quite awesome!

Dec 11, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #10,408 of 22,021
from my RE800 review:

RE800 + iBasso DX200 (AMP1) – This is a very recommended pairing for RE800 since iBasso DX200 is the neutral master of DAPs, providing a very linear, yet musical and detailed sound. As such, it doesn't increase the bass nor the treble of RE800, but it will enhance the dynamics and textures, giving RE800 even more detail, without taking away any of the musicality they present to the listener. DX200 is also one of the best DAPs when it comes to its instrument separation, further enhancing the instrument separation of RE800. Since this is the SE version of RE800 with no removable cables, it was impossible to test DX200 + AMP3 with RE800. Commercial versions should have interchangeable cables, providing option for balanced cables as well.

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2017/10/hifiman-re800-outstanding-engaging-vivid.html

I think the pairing sounds quite awesome!

I was listening to the RE800 + DX200 at lunch today, excellent pairing, dynamic, punchy but overall crystal clear :) as you said, excellent separation and air, but without taking away any fun factor. Yes it is lively and dynamic, not a warm and smooth sound that some may prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back