DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 6, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #10,366 of 22,021
A question, in order to take advantage of Neutron's new direct DSD playback for DX200, do I have to change any setting?

Dec 6, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #10,367 of 22,021
A question, in order to take advantage of Neutron's new direct DSD playback for DX200, do I have to change any setting?
It depends on what settings do you have now :) There is no new options for that: it is still called "DoP" there, but on DX200 it does not convert to DoP anymore.

Dec 6, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #10,368 of 22,021
It depends on what settings do you have now :) There is no new options for that: it is still called "DoP" there, but on DX200 it does not convert to DoP anymore.

In Audio Hardware:
Generic driver - on
Follow Source Freq - on
Channels Stereo, L, R
Frequency 44100

Outside:

64-bit processing - on
Service - on

Everything else off.

Using your latest FW and happy as a clam. Been a user since DX90. Thx for the work and the dedication.

Dec 6, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #10,370 of 22,021
Pairing Question:

I just ordered the Sennheiser IE800. I'm currently using the AMP3. The 800 is not balanced so I'll need to go back to the AMP1.

Does anyone have the AMP5 and the IE800? I'm thinking the AMP1 might be a little bright for an already pretty bright headphone.

Thanks!

Dec 6, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #10,371 of 22,021
I am using AMP2 with the IE800. Difference with AMP1 is subtle at best, AMP2 being just a little bit warmer. I am happy with the combination, but it is a very revealing match. Bright as you describe it. Not very forgiving with poorly recorded material. But at the end it works for me.

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #10,372 of 22,021
Hey guys thought I'd pop on here ss I may be making a purchase soon, not sure yet.
It depends partly on answers to a few questions I have.
Excuse me for not trawling through this thread its darn long. Is there a way to search a particular thread? If so please enlighten me.

Anyhow, i know it must've been asked but here goes.
I currently have Chord Mojo and the Poly unit. If anyone has been following the Poly thread you will know there's are quite a few disgruntled owners. Ill not bore you with details but I'm contemplating moving over to a DAP, the DX200 is firmly in my sights.
Ive read good things, one chap preferring it with Amp3 balanced over the Mojo.

I listen to many genres, high res files including DSD. Also stream and import on Qobuz.
My home listening is with Focal Elear HP, will be getting some IEM at some point. My only semi portable cans at the moment are B&W P7 BT Wireless.
I prefer to take the Elear visiting friends, for obvious reasons, if out camping the B&W, Aptx and wire when i relax around the fire or in my hammock.

If any of you have experience of the Mojo I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts?

Auditioning is not so easy where i live out in the sticks, everywhere is 2 1/2 hrs away, so I like to get a general idea before I travel.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #10,373 of 22,021
Hey guys thought I'd pop on here ss I may be making a purchase soon, not sure yet.
Excuse me for not trawling through this thread its darn long. Is there a way to search a particular thread? If so please enlighten me.

I currently have Chord Mojo and the Poly unit. If anyone has been following the Poly thread you will know there's are quite a few disgruntled owners. Ill not bore you with details but I'm contemplating moving over to a DAP, the DX200 is firmly in my sights.

I listen to many genres, high res files including DSD. Also stream and import on Qobuz.
My home listening is with Focal Elear HP, will be getting some IEM at some point. My only semi portable cans at the moment are B&W P7 BT Wireless.
I prefer to take the Elear visiting friends, for obvious reasons, if out camping the B&W, Aptx and wire when i relax around the fire or in my hammock.

Auditioning is not so easy where i live out in the sticks, everywhere is 2 1/2 hrs away, so I like to get a general idea before I travel.
I was one of the "captains" for the traveling Mojo to people because I brought up the idea. I enjoyed the Mojo and think it is a very good dac with a natural sound. Having said that the DX200 with AMP3, AMP4 or the AMP5 is more dimensional, dynamic and transparent. I also have the Sony WM1Z and love the sound but again, the 200 is a little more dynamic with layering when using the AMP4 that is better. They are both great but look at the difference in cost. The SP1000 is also extremely good but after using it for a while, no better than the 200, just different. So those are the 3 best I have heard and then back to the Mojo, which I think is bettered by them.

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #10,374 of 22,021

I believe I may be the chap you're referring to, so you know my thoughts already lol.

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #10,375 of 22,021

I currently have my mojo on sale... it’s a good device, and definitely improves basic music players in terms of clarity and warmth of music. The DX200, in my opinion takes it up a notch in clarity, resolution, and layering, regardless of the AMP you put on it. And the fact that you don’t need a stack makes it more portable than the Mojo. I don’t regret the move....

Dec 7, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #10,376 of 22,021
。。

For classical, AMP3 is my choice. For others, I connect to my Mojo.

Dec 7, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #10,377 of 22,021
In Audio Hardware:
Generic driver - on
Follow Source Freq - on
Channels Stereo, L, R
Frequency 44100

Outside:

64-bit processing - on
Service - on

Everything else off.

Using your latest FW and happy as a clam. Been a user since DX90. Thx for the work and the dedication.

Any chance that Neutron will allow access to Tidal MQA similar to the way UAPP does?

Dec 8, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #10,378 of 22,021
Over mojo, dude, any day. Mojo has a puny little soundstage, round and congested. Great details and musicality but not in the same league as the dx200. Got my dx200 this Tuesday, hasn't left my ears ever since. Lovely thing, running amp3 and jh audio laylas here.

Thinking about that amp4 though. The only problem I see with the dx200 is soundstage depth, which could be better. Any amp4 users here -- maybe that gives more height and depth? Would of course have to get a 4.4 balanced cable too... oh, this infernal hobby! :D

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #10,379 of 22,021
Over mojo, dude, any day. Mojo has a puny little soundstage, round and congested. Great details and musicality but not in the same league as the dx200. Got my dx200 this Tuesday, hasn't left my ears ever since. Lovely thing, running amp3 and jh audio laylas here.

Thinking about that amp4 though. The only problem I see with the dx200 is soundstage depth, which could be better. Any amp4 users here -- maybe that gives more height and depth? Would of course have to get a 4.4 balanced cable too... oh, this infernal hobby! :D
Can also get the 2.5 to 4.4mm adapter from iBasso

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #10,380 of 22,021
@Lurker0, once again, thank you for keeping it going.

Curious... I didn't do a Factory Reset before nor after updating to latest Lurker0's firmware... is it necessary?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back