Dutch/Belgian November 2012 meet
Nov 6, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #421 of 618
Quote:
Thanks..good to know that..am a rookie concerning tube amps..dont even know which tubes are best for my 337.. I see prices from 10 euros a pair until hundreds of euros for a matched pair. Pity i cant try other tubes without buying them first..
redface.gif

I can maybe bring you some 2399/5998 tubes, one of the best there are. I still have 3 pairs for sale :wink: (pm me if you're interested)

Now about the power lines. Don't overestimate this. If you live in the Us with a bad powergrid in a city with 10.000.000 people in an apartment block with 20 floors and 500 apartments, you might indeed not get good power.
In europe quality is much higher and you can easily use an extension cord in stead of the wall socket (unless you have a really bad grid or an oooooold house). I'm not saying a good power cable doesn't do anything (Mine are being hand made as we speak) but the effects are minimal around here imho

Nov 6, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #424 of 618
I can maybe bring you some 2399/5998 tubes, one of the best there are. I still have 3 pairs for sale :wink: (pm me if you're interested)

Now about the power lines. Don't overestimate this. If you live in the Us with a bad powergrid in a city with 10.000.000 people in an apartment block with 20 floors and 500 apartments, you might indeed not get good power.
In europe quality is much higher and you can easily use an extension cord in stead of the wall socket (unless you have a really bad grid or an oooooold house). I'm not saying a good power cable doesn't do anything (Mine are being hand made as we speak) but the effects are minimal around here imho

Thanks for the explanation...well i guess it will be fine then..:D

Nov 6, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #425 of 618
FB says: 11:00 until 16:00
You talk a lot, you know that? :D

Thanks..good to know i have at least a 2 hour drive ahead..

Am trying to get over the 100 posts as soon as possible..or was it because i have a 2 weeks vacation? :wink: or i am just a very curious guy :D

Nov 6, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #426 of 618
Maybe you should build a sauna just for your tubies to see if the sound improves.

I hate saunas.. Allthose sweaty people in a box.. :D

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #432 of 618
Yay! My B2's and Fiio E6 arrived at my uncle. Picking them up tomorrow evening, and then giving the B2's around 40+ hours burn-in (with the Jlab burn-in page), so.. I'll be able to enjoy them starting Sunday.

Btw, would any actually want that 3ft Monster iCable 800? Or should I find a use for the cable myself?

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #433 of 618
Quote:
Yay! My B2's and Fiio E6 arrived at my uncle. Picking them up tomorrow evening, and then giving the B2's around 40+ hours burn-in (with the Jlab burn-in page), so.. I'll be able to enjoy them starting Sunday.

Btw, would any actually want that 3ft Monster iCable 800? Or should I find a use for the cable myself?

You don't have to worry about burning in IEMs. Large speakers and tube gear MAYBE. IF they'd change after 40 hours of use the manufacturers would have a huge problem with inconsistant products. Think about it. :) In my opinion, it's purely your own ears and brain you're burning in. :wink: 

Nov 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #434 of 618
Quote:
Hello everyone,
I am not all that active on head-fi anymore and i dont have much gear. Only thing i am currently thinking of acquiring is the klipsch x10i. Still the meet will be held close to where my family lives so still interested. Wonder if some people from my last meet will be able to make it. Greetings, Anouk,

Hey girl, how are you?! Long time no see :wink: Not much around on the boards either. So, are you going? Unfortunately nobody dropped a bomb on Weert so so far I won't be making it. Too bad as I could've picked you up and on top of that I just received my Cardas balanced cable for the HD600 which works wonders so far.

Have fun people and drink LOTS of that Belgian beer 
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 6, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #435 of 618
Hey girl, how are you?! Long time no see :wink: Not much around on the boards either. So, are you going? Unfortunately nobody dropped a bomb on Weert so so far I won't be making it. Too bad as I could've picked you up and on top of that I just received my Cardas balanced cable for the HD600 which works wonders so far.

Have fun people and drink LOTS of that Belgian beer :evil:

And me thinking we all went just for the sounds.. :D

So pls come..the more people come the better the meet :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back